3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by orataro
Preparing for next year's car show season. My crude mock up of my VIP table for the Gen3. Just working out the details on mounting it. The table it self will differ in design once completed. A rear center console with armrest for the passengers in the rear is also in the works. Please note, this item is intended for show or off road use only.
Nicely done.

Also love the seat covers. Is that a leather cover on the armrest?

Old 08-28-2016, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by orataro

Nice seat covers. Which ones are they? How do they deal with the side airbag?

Old 08-29-2016, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Finished and installed my Orataro VIP table

Old 08-29-2016, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Limmie
Nice seat covers. Which ones are they? How do they deal with the side airbag?
Those would be the Clazzio seat covers. Quilted Black on Black. Comes with everything including the armrest cover. They use a different thread in the airbag area's which they claim won't effect the use of the airbags.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:12 PM
Slick innovation orataro; drive through, curb service, and sit-in, all in one elegant package. Should certainly turn a lot of heads at the show!

Old 09-01-2016, 09:49 PM
New on-the-road tool kit

Wife and I were bailed out of an overnight delay by a kindly young man and his Dad in their pick-up in June, stuck in mid-NC with a dangling engine splash screen, and no tools. So, while visiting Advance Auto Parts today, I noticed their cut-rate tool table and assembled an emergency tool kit for permanent residence in our Fit. It is small enough to tuck neatly into my cargo carrier. Shooting for the basics here (will also slip in my vintage metric socket wrench set), but any suggestions for additionally needed items would be appreciated. Happy Trails!

Old 09-02-2016, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vjaramillo

In the third picture, what's that contraption on the garage wall?

Old 09-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Fitster C.
Shooting for the basics here (will also slip in my vintage metric socket wrench set), but any suggestions for additionally needed items would be appreciated.
Maybe some silicone repair tape, electrical tape, twist ties, utility knife.

Larger items that won't fit in your tool kit but you may need: jumper cables, medical kit, tire pump. Can't think of anything else right now.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:26 AM
Thanks BenQuick, I carry the cables and pump separately, and will definitely look into the rest. I Throw in a first aid kit on major outings, but will give permanent assignment another thought.

Old 09-03-2016, 12:45 AM
Tire letters

Added some tire letters today. Messed up the first install so I only have the fronts done. I'll drive around like this before I read order extra letters for the rears.

Name:  43039601-D1A7-429C-B14B-4AA4E8F2F3BD_zps6fqll8ml.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  196.2 KB

Old 09-03-2016, 12:47 AM
You mean my gas meter or the access panel to my breaker box?

Old 09-03-2016, 07:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LeFreakyBone
After coming across the interior LED conversion thread I decided to give it a go. Added white LEDs to the front cabin, cargo area, and license plate. I added a blue LED above the rear seats and have it set so that's the only one that turns on when the door is open. I initially tried the blue in the front as well but as you'd expect, it was very impractical.
When I had a Cube, I made the mistake of getting the Nissan interior LED accent lighting kit. It was murder to install and very expensive. Then I came across a lighting kit with four LED strips of varying colors for maybe $50 on ebay, and I have them in my Fit - much better. I put one under each front seat and two more under the dash. They rotate colors every few seconds - or one solid color, or flashing to the music.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
LED exterior lighting

Just installed here's the info.<br/>Amazon purchase<br/>-Headlights H4 stark 6k lm<br/>-H8: Calais fog golden color<br/>-7440 Partsam rear reverse led lights

EBAY: Switchback turn signals, sorry the best I can do with my iPhone. <br/>7440 Amber white high power turn signal light switchback projector led + resistor. Seller was esongbpn 99.6 positive feedback.

Last edited by FitRaptor; 09-04-2016 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DannyJ7
PlastiDipped the front grill and rear chrome garnish. Looks a helluva lot better. Too damn much chrome!!!

Want to try this lets see

Old 09-04-2016, 08:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitRaptor

Just installed here's the info.<br/>Amazon purchase<br/>-Headlights H4 stark 6k lm<br/>-H8: Calais fog golden color<br/>-7440 Partsam rear reverse led lights

EBAY: Switchback turn signals, sorry the best I can do with my iPhone. <br/>7440 Amber white high power turn signal light switchback projector led + resistor. Seller was esongbpn 99.6 positive feedback.
I'll have to get those LED reverse lamps. I'm all LED inside the car.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitRaptor

Want to try this lets see
Ask and ye shall receive.

I don't have a picture of the back, but both the black and the red stripe on the grill are PlastiDip.

Lots more in my build thread.

Old 09-04-2016, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DannyJ7
Ask and ye shall receive.

I don't have a picture of the back, but both the black and the red stripe on the grill are PlastiDip.

Lots more in my build thread.
Danny thank you looks very nice! I will take a look at your build thread

Old 09-04-2016, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vjaramillo
You mean my gas meter or the access panel to my breaker box?
Gas meter. Thanks.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
Chrome Elimination Phase 1

Hey all!

This weekend I had to take apart my bumper and passenger headlight fixture to reset the headlight. I got into a small fender bender and I really didn't have the money to cover my deductible, and since it wouldn't void the pre-owned warranty, I just decided to JB Plastiweld, and reattach the bumper since everything was still intact (save the headlight mounts)

So in "classic Fuzz" fashion (as my friends would say/call me) I decided to do a little chrome elimination because...well...I despise chrome and think it looks tackier than a six cylinder Mustang with flames. (or any mustang, really)

Enter the plastidip (or in this case the Rustoleum Peel Coat).

I covered the chrome on the front and back, and reversed the badges.

I dig the way it looks:

I'm going to black out the chrome on the plate frame, as well.

the side I fixed

I'm going to look closely at the laws in Massachusetts because I'm fairly certain it's legal to have smoked lights so long as your headlights reach 30+ feet in front of your vehicle.

For anyone curious: It is TOTALLY LEGAL to have exterior, non-blinking, lights on your passenger car so long as they are not Red or Blue, and your plate is visible from a minimum of 30 feet away in the state of Massachusetts. (I checked because I want to put purple ground effects and plate lights on my car... talk about tacky :P)

But in addition; I'm going to black the rims, get a plate cover, and pull the FIT and Atamian badges off. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Also: does anyone know a good way to take the silver trim off the dash? I'd love to either black or white those out, but I don't want to pull my whole car apart to do it.

Old 09-06-2016, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
Are these just plug and play LEDs? Everything I've read up to this point (which admittedly isn't much) said you have to retrofit the LED bulbs.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?