3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Sales manager from dealership called me yesterday!

Old 02-19-2015, 05:57 AM
Sales manager from dealership called me yesterday!

Between the girlfriend and I, being to several dealerships and reviewing and test driving the FIT, and after all of that, both of being dissatisfied with the new FIT, I was surprised yesterday to recieve a phone call from one the sales managers at one of the dealerships.
It was unexpected, he knew neither of was impressed with the new FIT and I wondered as to why he called. He just wanted to know if we had made a vehicle purchase yet, which we haven't. He wanted to know after reviewing other vehicles, if we still was considering a FIT, what other vehicle(s) we were considering, and why we wasn't impressed with the FIT. Seemed like he was fishing for answers or desperate for a sale.
The two us reviewed and researched this vehicle inside and out. We don't like the interior. Both hate the all black interior. Even the doors, trim, almost nothing to even spruce it up. It's just plain ugly. The interior options and packages left us unimpressed. Stupid things like no satellite radio unless you get the top-of-line package.
This FIT gets stellar reviews because of safety features. Other than the lane watch, which is Honda's own thing, everything else I have on my current vehicle and been driving around with for the last 50,000mi and doing so for alot less money than the FIT costs. I'm glad Honda caught up.
Some of their packages and features leave alot to be desired. Heated seats, satellite radio, NAV. Depending on your geographic location, some of us prize stuff like that over other common features. I just wish Honda would offer you individual options, not just packages.

I didn't come here to rant. To anyone who owns a FIT, I hope it brings many years of joy to you! I didn't expect a call from any dealership still fishing for sale or answers. It's not the vehicle for either of us.

I know auto companies spend tons of money on marketing and research and when they don't get a sale or lose a sale, they also want to know why. I believe the call was never really about trying to sell me a FIT, it was about why they couldn't or didn't sell me FIT.
I'm sure the sales manager, or so he said he was the salesmanager, had a reason for the call. He had something to gain by it. It was a pleasant call though, we talked talked quite awhile. Polite, nothing rude, insightfull to us both.

Last edited by cuemark8; 02-19-2015 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:23 AM
5 Year Member
Despite what your Momma told you, you aren't special, and no one at that dealership (or on this forum for that matter) cares what you think. They probably make an effort to salvage a sale from everyone who leaves without buying. They all used to do that, and without the help of computers. You're just an outlier in Honda's market research.

If you find a sub-compact with beige or silver seats, as well as heated seats, nav, and xm radio available as individual options on the bottom of the line trim, then buy it and join that forum.

Last edited by Fitmo; 02-19-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cuemark8
Between the girlfriend and I, being to several dealerships and reviewing and test driving the FIT, and after all of that, both of being dissatisfied with the new FIT, I was surprised yesterday to recieve a phone call from one the sales managers at one of the dealerships.
It was unexpected, he knew neither of was impressed with the new FIT and I wondered as to why he called. He just wanted to know if we had made a vehicle purchase yet, which we haven't. He wanted to know after reviewing other vehicles, if we still was considering a FIT, what other vehicle(s) we were considering, and why we wasn't impressed with the FIT. Seemed like he was fishing for answers or desperate for a sale.
The two us reviewed and researched this vehicle inside and out. We don't like the interior. Both hate the all black interior. Even the doors, trim, almost nothing to even spruce it up. It's just plain ugly. The interior options and packages left us unimpressed. Stupid things like no satellite radio unless you get the top-of-line package.
This FIT gets stellar reviews because of safety features. Other than the lane watch, which is Honda's own thing, everything else I have on my current vehicle and been driving around with for the last 50,000mi and doing so for alot less money than the FIT costs. I'm glad Honda caught up.
Some of their packages and features leave alot to be desired. Heated seats, satellite radio, NAV. Depending on your geographic location, some of us prize stuff like that over other common features. I just wish Honda would offer you individual options, not just packages.

I didn't come here to rant. To anyone who owns a FIT, I hope it brings many years of joy to you! I didn't expect a call from any dealership still fishing for sale or answers. It's not the vehicle for either of us.

I know auto companies spend tons of money on marketing and research and when they don't get a sale or lose a sale, they also want to know why. I believe the call was never really about trying to sell me a FIT, it was about why they couldn't or didn't sell me FIT.
I'm sure the sales manager, or so he said he was the salesmanager, had a reason for the call. He had something to gain by it. It was a pleasant call though, we talked talked quite awhile. Polite, nothing rude, insightfull to us both.
Please sir,
Post it in specific thread (other car related discussion) where other cars are compared with FIT. That is where I spent my time before purchasing FIT. Instead of spamming everywhere with your girl friend story, posting it in specific thread will help potential buyers looking for this kind of information.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:08 AM
5 Year Member
This is either spam or this guy has way too much free time.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
He, and our resident boy racer in his own mind, (and it looks like surfer bum has joined them) make these repetitive GK-critical posts to try to hurt Honda sales, believing they'll have some influence on potential buyers who read these forums. They don't realize others see them for who they are.

Last edited by Fitmo; 02-19-2015 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:34 PM
The Fit's interior has been well received by the Goth community. "Coal Bin Black" as he describes it.

I leave with a quote, "I wear black on the outside cause black is what I feel on the inside"
-Mahatma Gandhi

or was it Morrissey? idk

Old 02-19-2015, 01:04 PM
One follow-up call from a dealer produced all that angst? Someone needs a hobby!

Old 02-19-2015, 01:18 PM
Honestly, is there a way to ban this guy from posting on here? I'm so very tired of his rants... He is a parasite.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:43 PM
With window tint the interior of my Fit EX is darker than Johnny Cash's closet...and I like it that way.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:57 PM
I don't think having an interior option other than black is to much to ask for an automaker. Most other's offer it. But apparently it's to much to ask of Honda to put in the fit. And none of the FIT beloved followers apparently would care to ask for such a thing.
I like leather, don't necessarily need it. I work out in the cold alot. I love heated seats, it's a high of -1F where I'm at today. The heated seats feel pretty good. Other vehicles in the Fits class can be had with heated seats without leather. A sunroof is quite a pricey option for any vehicle. It typically adds about $800-$1000 onto a cars price. I don't miss it. It could do without it. Wish the FIT had it a stand alone option so I didn't have to pay for it but still get other pricier options and packages.
I rant about the satellite radio. Seems to be thrown in about any other vehicle except for Honda.

I don't rhink anything I mention is to much ask for in a vehicle. I drive one now as I describe and with leather and a manual transmission.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitFolksinger
With window tint the interior of my Fit EX is darker than Johnny Cash's closet...and I like it that way.
Love it. Gonna borrow that one.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
I am sorry to say cuemark8, but I don't think the 2015 Honda Fit is for you (or your girlfriend). It only took you 66 posts to make that fact clear to everyone, including yourself.

There, now we have settled the issue. Goodbye.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Everyone gets these calls all the time. You want a story? Here’s a story. I went to a Ford dealer on Monday to do some due diligence and test out the Fiesta. Well, the only MT they had was the base model so I took it for a spin, being assured that they all drove the same. After some time behind the wheel in the stop-and-go I honest-to-God started getting flashbacks of my old Ford Pinto – the feel was so similar it was frightening. I told the salesman at the start that I wasn't looking to buy today and after the test drive said this wasn’t going to be the car for me. I apologized for taking up his time and was going for the door when up came the sales manager and another guy whose name/title I didn’t catch. I went through my spiel again and headed for the door but they were undeterred. They kept asking me this and that about what I was looking for and over the course of maybe 15 minutes made two different offers on the base model, a car they already knew I was not going to buy at any price (well $1,000 maybe, but that was my limit) and at some point the third guy peeled off. So I'm saying my goodbyes again and just get outside when the third guy pulls up with a MT SEL (or whatever their sporty model is branded). He started his spiel and proceeded to make me an offer, saying I would be crazy to pass this one up because “we know this is the car for you, we just know it.” Then he asked for the key to my car to appraise a trade-in and I knew it was REALLY time to go, so I reiterated how no one from my house was buying a car that day. He pretty much ignored me and kept on about how great this SEL or whatever was and then asked a second time for my key. So I made like I had to get some stuff out of my car first, then just got in and pulled away, leaving hem just standing in the cold.

Now about the phone calls. We came back from the store after dinner on Monday to find a rambling voice mail on my home number from the dealership. It took a second before I realized I didn’t give them my home number, I gave them my mobile. Now, my home number has been in the “white pages” for a while now; we don’t really use it but my wife won’t let it go. So I figure these guys must have taken down a bad number when I gave it to them and done some kind of Internet deep dive to get my home number. And the calling hasn’t stopped – two on Tuesday, two on Wednesday, and one so far today. After the first voice mail, the rest have been hangups -- I guess they don’t realize that can be tracked now, or they just don’t care.

So if anyone wants to buy a base Fiesta (with crank windows!) or an orange/blue (Go Bears!) SEL or whatever, I know where to point you. But I’m not giving you my number.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:37 PM
I went Fit shopping on black Friday. I had my eye on a red 2013 with only 3k miles. When I went to the Dodge dealer that had it, they couldn't find it. So as luck would have it I went to the Honda dealer to check out the new 2015's. While I was working on a deal the Dodge guy called back having found the 2013 I originally came to see. Got Honda's 'best" offer before going back across the street to see what I could get the 2013 for. Made a deal and waiting in black Friday financing line when Honda calls back with an even better deal. By that time my wife had her mind set on getting a new vehicle so we go back and purchase the 2015.

A couple weeks later Honda calls wanting to know if I purchased a car yet. Had to let them know that I already did and I bought it from them.
Moral of the story: The dealerships don't know what's going on. The marketing and sales departments don't talk to each other.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:47 PM
Wow can you say troll? I can't fathom joining a car forum just to post about why you don't own said car. If you genuinely wanted Honda to know about how you feel, you'd write them a letter, email, or contact their corporate consumer line. None of us can take action on your opinions, so you are wasting your breath, or more likely I suspect, stroking your ego. You are sitting atop your lofty perch, telling all the people you perceive to be below you how much better you are because you requirements are too grand for something that they would purchase. By the way the experience you had was sales 101, and nothing more.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by bach
Everyone gets these calls all the time. You want a story? Here’s a story......
That was entertaining bordering on frightening. I'd probably call the cops or at least report them to the FCC. I have done the latter before and it actually worked, at which I was amazed.

I still don't understand why OP is here posting about a car he didn't buy and not on the Fiesta forums where he belongs. Maybe he is like me and having a slow day at work, idk.

At the same time, it's never (legitimately) occurred to me to join the Fiesta forums and tell them what a shitty job Ford did on the CVT or how horribly they arranged the interior space in a way that I feel like a sardine even in the passenger seat or how the center console buttons are arranged like crap, or how they styled the console like some Buck Rogers retro-future vision. It honestly annoyed me just looking at the number of buttons that were placed there. I felt like I was on the bridge of the Enterprise (the original though, not TNG).

And this is coming from a 2010 base Fit. Which has nothing. Not even cruise control, and I couldn't wait to get out of that car. I'm not even a a Honda loyalist, I was looking forward to renting the Fiesta because I was legitimately interested in the car. Well not anymore. Maybe it would have been more bearable in M/T trim.

I guess if nothing else these threads are entertaining.

Old 02-19-2015, 07:37 PM
The Fit is definitely not for you then. Since you've been doing lots of research, which cars have you been cross-shopping? It's tough to find a subcompact without a dark interior, with XM radio, and heated seats. The only car that comes to mind is the Elantra GT, which as all of those standard and can even be ordered with a light brown interior.

Ironically, I looked at the Elantra GT and the only one I could find with manual in the base model had the brown interior. It was my biggest turn-off in the car, as it will eventually show all of the dirt and grim that come with daily errands. The dark interior on the Fit, and many other subcompacts, was more desirable and seemed more durable.

Don't be surprised by these calls either. Dealers always do that, sometimes months later. They are just following up and trying to get a sale out of a lead.

Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I still don't understand why OP is here posting about a car he didn't buy and not on the Fiesta forums where he belongs. Maybe he is like me and having a slow day at work, idk.

At the same time, it's never (legitimately) occurred to me to join the Fiesta forums and tell them what a shitty job Ford did on the CVT or how horribly they arranged the interior space in a way that I feel like a sardine even in the passenger seat or how the center console buttons are arranged like crap, or how they styled the console like some Buck Rogers retro-future vision. It honestly annoyed me just looking at the number of buttons that were placed there. I felt like I was on the bridge of the Enterprise (the original though, not TNG).

And this is coming from a 2010 base Fit. Which has nothing. Not even cruise control, and I couldn't wait to get out of that car. I'm not even a a Honda loyalist, I was looking forward to renting the Fiesta because I was legitimately interested in the car. Well not anymore. Maybe it would have been more bearable in M/T trim.

I guess if nothing else these threads are entertaining.

Amen to that! I've been a Ford fan and loyalist since I started driving, and as much as I love the Fiesta, I couldn't buy it. Don't get me wrong, I really like the way it looks (much more sporty than the Fit) and it is a total blast to drive, especially in manual trim (try it!)

But my gosh, how did Ford do a packaging miracle and manage to get so little room out of a car the same size as the Fit? The trunk is less than half the size of a Fit, fitting any passengers in the back seat requires chopping their legs off (which last time I checked, was illegal), and in the driver's seat, I could never get comfortable. After a combined total of about 1000 miles driving rental Fiestas and test drives, there's not a comfortable driving position. The car's door panels don't like acknowledging the existence of my elbows and my legs were either against the console, or the door panel right where there was no padding on the bone. Whoever designed the cupholder that juts out of the lower door panel to rub against my left ankle and be too far out of reach for any use, was an evil person who deserves to go to he**!

My husband hated the Fiesta and said anything is better, including a Mirage

The choice of the Fit was really based on how bad the interior packaging of the Fiesta is. Such a shame! Honda absolutely kills it on that aspect, and on my recent long road trip in the Fit, I had no regrets at that moment for my purchase.

I ended up writing to Ford saying that I had to switch to an import and maybe, just maybe, they will get their act together on the next Fiesta

Old 02-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by festiboi
But my gosh, how did Ford do a packaging miracle and manage to get so little room out of a car the same size as the Fit? The trunk is less than half the size of a Fit, fitting any passengers in the back seat requires chopping their legs off (which last time I checked, was illegal), and in the driver's seat, I could never get comfortable. After a combined total of about 1000 miles driving rental Fiestas and test drives, there's not a comfortable driving position. The car's door panels don't like acknowledging the existence of my elbows and my legs were either against the console, or the door panel right where there was no padding on the bone. Whoever designed the cupholder that juts out of the lower door panel to rub against my left ankle and be too far out of reach for any use, was an evil person who deserves to go to he**!

My husband hated the Fiesta and said anything is better, including a Mirage.
Whoa that's harsh

That's what also blew me away, that they managed to make EVERYTHING entirely uncomfortable. The door panels annoyed me SO much how close they were and I had to put my seat all the way back (i'm 6' which is tall but not incredibly tall) so there was NO WAY anyone was sitting behind me.

It's too bad because it's a nice looking car and it felt solid to me, but there's no way I could live with the thing; heated seats, gadgets, sunroofs or not.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by JoeKay
I went Fit shopping on black Friday. I had my eye on a red 2013 with only 3k miles. When I went to the Dodge dealer that had it, they couldn't find it. So as luck would have it I went to the Honda dealer to check out the new 2015's. While I was working on a deal the Dodge guy called back having found the 2013 I originally came to see. Got Honda's 'best" offer before going back across the street to see what I could get the 2013 for. Made a deal and waiting in black Friday financing line when Honda calls back with an even better deal. By that time my wife had her mind set on getting a new vehicle so we go back and purchase the 2015.

A couple weeks later Honda calls wanting to know if I purchased a car yet. Had to let them know that I already did and I bought it from them.
Moral of the story: The dealerships don't know what's going on. The marketing and sales departments don't talk to each other.

haha, I love this post because of how I picture the phone conversation going:

You: "Uhh...yeah I purchased the car from you guys..."
Them: "Oh uh, yes, I see that here in my notes...how are you liking it?"
You: "It's great."
Them: "Alright, goodbye now."

Old 02-20-2015, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by cuemark8
I don't think having an interior option other than black is to much to ask for an automaker.
Those of us who keep our cars for a long time just put seat covers on and we're good. I happen to like beige, so I buy beige. When I wear them out I buy another set and my seats don't wear out. Problem solved!

Oh, and anytime you give your number to a dealer you can pretty much count on getting some calls. Whenever salesmen aren't occupied with customers they are going through the phone lists and making calls. Sometimes they prompt someone to buy a car so it is worth their while. You'll even get calls years later asking if you are interested in trading the car in. It's all a way to churn up business.

Sadly, the Do Not Call list doesn't apply because as soon as you give them your number you have established a "business relationship" and they are free to call you.

That's why I only give people like this my number that goes straight to voicemail, never the one I answer. Let them sell cars to a recording.

Last edited by GeorgeL; 02-20-2015 at 01:10 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sales manager from dealership called me yesterday!