3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Where to put your cell phone?

Old 05-17-2015, 08:40 AM
Sounds cool. I'm using an imagnet these days as my phone holder. I do have charging problems with the imagnet because I hate to see the wires hanging around.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Does running the AC or the heater affect your phone when you use a clip mount like the Kenu?.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
The glove box.

Less distractions = more better.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
i put mine in the dash cup holder.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by ai4px
I have a rather large cell phone and had been throwing it in the center tray, but that's a little kludgey. Since my phone has a QI charger and that's what I use home to charge it, I figured why not see if the QI charger will work in the car. So I velcroed it to the right side of the center console partially covering the right hand cup holder. Works like a champ... just set the phone on it and it's charging and it doesn't slide off in the curves. I ran google maps navigation with the screen on the whole time and was able to gain ground on my battery's charge.

If you look at the pic below, the front of the unit has a split in it... I set that over the right hand skinny part of the center console near the cup holder as a fork that straddles the side. The bottom of the charger has a rubber nonslip, and I peeled that off to put some heavy duty velcro on. That part sits right beside the shifter when in park.

The best part is there's no cord... just pick it up and leave the car.

I am NOT intending to advertise for anyone, but I gotta say, I have 4 of these qi chargers (wife, daughter, car, etc) and they work great for any phone since they have three coils and autoselect the best one. QI Charger that works well

I leave mine in my pocket, since I hate the blue tooth. I don't like others listening to my conversation, so I turned that off.

Old 01-17-2016, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bigbacon
i put mine in the dash cup holder.
Me too if I'm using the GPS; in the left center cup holder if not.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
CD Slot Mount

During my little online shopping spree this holiday weekend, I ordered a CD Slot Mount, consisting of the main unit plus a 2nd larger holder.

Besides CD Slot Mount, I looked at every imaginable cd-slot mounted phone holder on Amazon and narrowed them down to Koomus or Iottie. If my first choice doesn't work out I'll try one of the other two.

Also ordered floor mats and a cargo tray that I reported on in a relevant thread.

Update on the CD Slot Mount - if anyone was looking at this option, forget about it. Does not fit in Fit CD Slot - not by a long shot. I've decided not to get any CD-slot-type mount for my Fit.

Last edited by Fit4Me?; 01-16-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:21 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
on my wife's GK, I installed a center dash mount proclip.

Old 01-03-2017, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
I'd be apprehensive using a cd slot mount personally. The head unit is so integrated that if it's damaged it'd be an expensive repair.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
I keep mine in my pocket, generally......not a "cell phone person," for the most part. Bluetooth works well enough, and I'll pull it out if I really feel the need to have it handy, but....I hate talking on the phone, in general

Old 01-03-2017, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
I'd be apprehensive using a cd slot mount personally. The head unit is so integrated that if it's damaged it'd be an expensive repair.
Hi 2Rismo2, I share your apprehension, but this particular mount is different from the ones sold on Amazon, as the part that goes inside the CD slot does not appear to extend inside nearly as deeply, nor does it have tightening flanges or screws to spread it open inside. In my process of elimination I also rejected any model with outside parts protruding below the slot and in front of the HU screen display. I'll report back here after I get it.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
As many of here I have the Koomis cd mount bought from amazon and it is pretty awesome. I hardly recommend it. It is place in the perfect sport for ergonomics and visibility. Do not obstruct the windshield, it is secure and you can use it with multiple cellphone.
Now it has some sounds not sure from where I think is from or around there.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
If one of you wants to come over and upload/download 100+ CDs, then I'll use the CD slot for other than CDs.

Get off my lawn!

Old 01-04-2017, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
Steering Wheel Mount

Another option...

Old 01-04-2017, 07:59 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
If one of you wants to come over and upload/download 100+ CDs, then I'll use the CD slot for other than CDs.

Get off my lawn!
another forum made fun of me when I said I was going to watch dvd's.. lol

Old 01-04-2017, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by MtViewGuy188
I have the Koomis mount, too. In fact, when I use my iPhone 6 for navigation, that's why I mount the phone in my car.
Yup.... the Koomis mounted in the CD slot is at a perfect height for viewing Waze!! I have a 2016 LX and wonder why they still include a CD slot. I've loaded up some 4 gig thumb drives and good to go. Really like the Koomis mount.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:49 PM
Because you can put a ton of audio on a CD (just burn them as MP3 files, not as sound files). So you can have 2 thumb drives plus a CD full of music.

I have one thumb drive with all my rock music. The CD has all my classical (so I can easily switch between the two). The second thumb drive is for podcasts that I listen to once, then put new ones on the thumb drive.

So yes, I need the CD slot.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
Just a followup. In the end I abandoned the CD-slot holders and went with a simple silicone pad with holders:
HERE HERE
or http://www.ebay.com/itm/282232517841. I figured with a lease it'd be best not to mess up the foam or whatever it is lining the inside of the slot.

I'm actually pretty happy with the iPow holder. It's so-so on the dash as the dash slopes down towards the windshield and I get glare, but it does happen to fit perfectly on top of the steering column where it's right in my line of sight. Sure my phone blocks the speedometer, but the GPS app has its own speedometer. Very stable. When I park I grab the iPow and drop it upside-down on the double cupholders in the center console, where it's virtually invisible to curious eyes.

BTW I have an iPhone Plus in a medium-thick case and this holder only works in landscape mode. Portrait mode makes it unstable.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
My phone stays in my pocket, where it belongs while I'm driving. I see way too many distracted drivers who can't be bothered to concentrate on driving because they'd rather be playing with their toys.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:27 PM
I originally purchased the Koomas CD-Air Pro for my 2017 EX. Although I liked a lot of things about it, I too was concerned that it might eventually damage my CD player. Plus it has a tendency to either block the center A/C vent or the display.

Also, one thing I really wanted to do with the Koomas CD-Air Pro, but was unable to, is record video. The Koomas mount simply wouldn't allow you to move the mount vertically enough so that my iPhone 6 would have an unobstructed view of the road. Instead it would point downward and record a lot of the dashboard.

Sadly, I do plan on returning it in favor of another mount. I'm currently looking at the
iOttie iOttie
, which other forum members have raved about. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where to put your cell phone?