3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Boo Hoo!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
Boo Hoo!!!!

My spouse used our BumbleBee one day, he didn't use the back out camera to back out of a parking space. A boy on a bike was riding behind and BANG!

There are black marks on the lower left bumper and 2 nice big long dents right under the chrome trim next to left stoplight. One of the dents was so deep that paint was cracked and peel off. Sigh!

Then the next day, he pulled too far into a parking space. He rode it over the curb which required us to grunt the engine to back out away from the curb, torn the plastic bolt off the panel which is hanging for its dear life under the engine.

It is only 6 MONTHS OLD and under 9K miles!!! I kept telling him that he don't need to pull in that far into the parking space, unlike our other car.

I told him that he have one strike left. He told me that he will stop driving our BumbleBee and will only drive our other car, Silver Bullet, 2012 Sonata.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:54 AM
I feel bad for the boy. Even if he wasn't using the back up camera, there's still a lot of visibility to see around. Unless the parking space is on a hill ?

Old 06-08-2015, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
Yes I assume the boy was okay.

I do find that our little Fit is akin to being in a canyon when two giant SUVs park on both sides. It's hard to back out even with the camera despite the excellent visibility.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bronxborn
I feel bad for the boy. Even if he wasn't using the back up camera, there's still a lot of visibility to see around. Unless the parking space is on a hill ?
It was at the school parking lot. I have no idea how he didn't see the boy on the bike.

Old 06-11-2015, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaubBaer

My spouse used our BumbleBee one day, he didn't use the back out camera to back out of a parking space. A boy on a bike was riding behind and BANG!

There are black marks on the lower left bumper and 2 nice big long dents right under the chrome trim next to left stoplight. One of the dents was so deep that paint was cracked and peel off. Sigh!

Then the next day, he pulled too far into a parking space. He rode it over the curb which required us to grunt the engine to back out away from the curb, torn the plastic bolt off the panel which is hanging for its dear life under the engine.

It is only 6 MONTHS OLD and under 9K miles!!! I kept telling him that he don't need to pull in that far into the parking space, unlike our other car.

I told him that he have one strike left. He told me that he will stop driving our BumbleBee and will only drive our other car, Silver Bullet, 2012 Sonata.
as an instructor to updating the driving skills of elderly, I can state not seeing the bike rider is his fault. I don'tany cameras that look up and down the street, only straight back and thats not where the biker was.
besides looking up and down the street your spouse shuld only basck out a few inches at a time til he can see the lane is clear.Its one sjkill that all my elderly studentshave to learn and in truth the not so elderly too.
ps what makes him think he will do better in the accord than the bumblebbe?
as for running over curbs, is his depth perceptionlacking? there some things he can do to help that defect and asdepthperception is so critical to driving maybe he should sign up for at least an AARP driving skill update class.
good luck.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mahout
as an instructor to updating the driving skills of elderly, I can state not seeing the bike rider is his fault. I don't any camera that look up and down the street, only straight back and that's not where the biker was.
besides looking up and down the street your spouse should only back out a few inches at a time til he can see the lane is clear.Its one skill that all my elderly students have to learn and in truth the not so elderly too.
ps what makes him think he will do better in the accord than the bumblebee?
as for running over curbs, is his depth perception lacking? there some things he can do to help that defect and as depth perception is so critical to driving maybe he should sign up for at least an AARP driving skill update class.
good luck.
Since the Fit is smaller than Hyundai Sonata, he tends to touch the curb to make sure it is fully inside the space. He did not run OVER the curb. I kept telling him that he don't need to do that with Fit. Oh well...

We did took AARP driving skills before.