3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Yellow vs Red

Old 06-16-2015, 02:04 PM
Yellow vs Red

I am planning on buying a Fit EX in a couple of weeks and I am very torn on the color. I have owned 4 cars in my life, three in various shades of red, and one in silver (which I will NEVER do again. It made me invisible, apparently.)

I have been leaning toward the yellow Fit, and I saw one on the highway yesterday and I did like the color. The red still speaks to me as well though.

The yellow is a nice visible color, and would have more visibility at night. The red, is a great red, and obviously I like red cars.

My fear is that a year from now I will look at the yellow and say - wtf was I thinking buying a yellow car!

That being said I do quite like the yellow, and wouldn't mind breaking out of my red rut. LOL

What do you guys think, red or yellow. I realize that in the end you can't tell me what to do, but I am getting a little obsessive over it and would love some feedback.

Thanks!

Old 06-16-2015, 02:47 PM
My wife bought a yellow EXL because she wanted something different,she was tired of seeing,blue,gray,black and white.If the yellow field is a bit to much,you could have the dealer install black bodyside molding as she did.She is very happy with her choice.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
By Red! It's a no brainer!

Don't look at me. I purchase yellow because I don't like yellow and it was a rare Fit color at the time. I figured I'd try getting a color I don't like since I've always purchased a color I do like. Reverse psychology. My mind is twisted though and I'm not right in the head. Now I like it more than ever. Don't take the chance that I have though unless you are mentally challenged.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 06-16-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
I have the red and I love it. I wanted the yellow, but when I bought my car a year ago there weren't any. I still haven't seen the yellow live, but it sure looks terrific in photos. I'd go with the yellow if I were you because it is unique. You can always find your car.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:25 PM
Good points, all. I have been looking for yellow cars from the train lately, and I definitely don't see many. The yellow looked different from the pictures, but still very nice - not too orange, not too greed, a little more pale then the pictures.

There seems to be one yellow available locally, and it is in the CVT, which I do want. I like driving a stick, but with the stop and go of my commute I decided to forgo the manual this time, as I do get tired of constantly shifting

I recently paid off all of my debt and am just waiting for that info to hit my credit report and bump my score up before I pull the trigger.

I am not enjoying waiting.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:50 PM
My two cents:

My last car before the Fit was a used bright yellow Ford Focus hatchback. I enjoy standing out from the crowd, but like you, was skeptical of buying the car because of the color. It was fun to look at, but would I regret it a year or two later?

I ended up buying the car because many others must've been turned off by the color and dealer was willing to make a very good deal to unload it. It had been sitting on their lot for months

There were no regrets with it. The car was lovingly named "Sunshine" and the color always bought a smile to my face. It was unique in a sea of greys, whites, and silvers. It was easy to spot in any parking lot and I never lost the car.

If I saw any other yellow Focus' on the road, I would wave and they would often wave back. It takes an offbeat, and charismatic, person to drive a yellow car. I also figured it was safe too, as it was easy to spot on the road and visible for most drivers. For practicality, the yellow also hid dirt well, and any minor scratches.

The funny part was occasionally, if I were driving late on a weekend night, people would try to wave the car down in a drunken state, thinking that it was a taxi. It may have been a lucrative side business!

I miss the yellow, and sometimes I wish I had gone with the yellow Fit (the blue is still attractive and fun though). Red is nice too, but having the yellow makes the car's personality really shine and just a unique ownership experience

Last edited by festiboi; 06-16-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:01 PM
Good point, Festiboi!

I've been keeping and eye on it on the dealer's website and it has been there for quite some time. I am hoping it stays put, and it will get me a better deal

Old 06-16-2015, 04:25 PM
Here's another thought too; when it comes to small, economy cars, the color can make the difference between being a car that looks like fun, versus a car that screams economic desperation.

A car like the Fit is kinda goofy. It looks silly. It can't be taken seriosuly

A color like the yellow just emphasizes that. It's knows it looks silly. A serious color on the Fit, at least to me, just looks dull, and says "this is all I can afford" or "this is all they had on the lot"

Old 06-16-2015, 05:01 PM
Oh, I agree with you there. The Silver, Grey, and white look very dull and cheap to me (no offense intended to anyone who likes those colors!!) There is a charcoal one that I see in our parking lot sometimes. The Yellow, Red, and Blue look cute and fun, in comparison. I haven't found a blue one in town unless I want to drive way west, and I would rather stick with a dealership that is more convenient to me, which leaves the red and yellow.

I think I will shoot for the yellow, and if it is gone I won't cry and will go with the red. It is definitely a good second choice since I am so torn about it!

Old 06-16-2015, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
You won't be sorry if you have to settle for the red.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:22 PM
That is not helping me overcome my desire for instant gratification! LOL

Gorgeous color!

Old 06-16-2015, 08:32 PM
That red, along with the tinted windows, looks great too! And I do love my Aegean Blue Fit as well, it's a playful color. Decisions, decisions. Just be glad that they don't sell the orange that is available in other countries

Old 06-16-2015, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by festiboi
That red, along with the tinted windows, looks great too! And I do love my Aegean Blue Fit as well, it's a playful color. Decisions, decisions. Just be glad that they don't sell the orange that is available in other countries
This deep red/orange color I like and would have bought, but I've never seen this color mass produced.
Name:  DB366C00-28F4-4D28-A6E7-082FB2E14501_zpsmjecemh5.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  81.8 KB

Old 06-16-2015, 09:30 PM
That orange only seems to be on the auto show circuit, but it compliments the Fit nicely.

I was thinking of the more subdued orange offered in other markets; like this one photographed by yours truly in South Africa
Name:  1054577_2.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  93.2 KB

Old 06-16-2015, 10:47 PM
If that first orange one was available in the US I would buy it in a heartbeat - perfect combo - the yellow and the red together!

Old 06-17-2015, 06:59 AM
Life's too short, step out of your box and do something different, get the yellow.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:24 AM
I bought the only EX-L with Navigation in the area. I happened to really like the metallic steel but if it had been yellow...yes sir! I realize this would have ruffled feathers and that, my friends, is a good thing. Push the envelope and get yellow. You owe it to us. :-)

Old 06-17-2015, 08:26 AM
By the way...if you have a yellow EX-L Nav, I am officially envious.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:53 AM
It's been almost 6 months since I got my yellow Fit, and I'm really glad that I did not get another color.

I liked the yellow the first time I saw it - I think it really fit the Fit and made its personality shine! However, inside of myself - the little voices of social pressure were talking me against it - "really, you want a yellow car?" "only certain types of people have yellow cars" "think of the resale value" and so on.

Well, it wasn't easy, but I decided to ignore all those voices and go with the yellow and I don't regret it one bit. I think it's nice color, and I think that (as corny as it may sound), it was a bit life affirming for me to say to myself - forget about the others, you like the yellow car so get it.

The only other colors I would have considered would have been that orange that festiboi posted from South Africa, or, if it was offered, a kind of matcha green tea green.

Disclaimer: No diss on other colors

Last edited by 2015FIT; 06-17-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:03 AM
2015Fit: I am glad that you love the yellow! I am not worried in the slightest what other people think about me driving around in a yellow car. Everyone that knows me would say, "yes, that's right." Strangers? Not concerned about that, plus there are many other reasons that they would look at me sideways, LOL. My concern was more with me getting sick of the color. I got sick of my silver car, but that was partly because it was practically invisible and I didn't feel all that safe in it. Yellow won't have that problem.

I think I am going to go with yellow as my first choice, and if I can't get it I will go with red.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yellow vs Red