3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Can anyone confirm Android Auto for UK Jazz 2016?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 05:42 PM
Can anyone confirm Android Auto for UK Jazz 2016?

Can anyone confirm if the UK Generation 3 Jazz that's just launching in September is Android Auto compatible? I know it's supposedly got the Android based touch screen, but there's no mention of that or Android Auto in the sales brochure or on the website

Old 08-27-2015, 06:16 PM
Don't bother asking Honda, you'll get a misleading answer.
My guess? No. They'll tell you it does/will/maybe/should get it, but it won't.
They'll also lie to your face when selling you the car about it.
And if it WAS implemented, it will be so handicapped/shittily done that you'll just be pissed they tried.
I mean they can't even get the voice control button to work...

Old 08-27-2015, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Highly doubtful that MY2016 Fit will get AA

I don't think anyone can definitively answer that. For North America we've had a long thread on AA, all pretty inconclusive.

For sure, in North America, Honda will introduce the 2016 Accord with AA. This is official and you can search for this on Google. Honda had committed to AA in 2013.

It is also clear that not all auto manufacturers have bought into AA and Apple CarPlay. BMW/Mercedes/Audi have bought into NavTel. Toyota has bought into Ford's AppLink. Though there is some commitment to AA, Honda has not said very much this year about their direction and this could very easily change. None of the car makers are willing to give up their head units to Google or Apple.

It is not definitive, but since there is a little over a month left before the MY2016 Fit is delivered, and no news about the Fit and AA, it is highly unlikely. And why would you want the first gen of AA in you new Honda? When the MY2016 Accords ship, go play with their head units, and see if you can wait for yet another year.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:29 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

I know Honda's position on all this is pretty poor; I guess I'm just a bit of an optimist and hope they're actually making some progress.

My particular issue is that our gen 1 jazz is on its last legs, having only just scraped through its MOT last year after I managed to get hold of a replacement ABS module from a breakers. It's due for MOT again at the start of October and I'm not sure it's going to get through it.

My interest in android auto is because our two kids get travel sick and we rely on phone driven audio to keep them entertained on long journeys. Like the US, the UK models only have aux-in on the low spec model. Bluetooth and android auto would be the other options on the middle spec upwards, but because of the shift to the new android unit, information on what it supports is very limited. I can't even find confirmation of whether the Bluetooth profile supports media/audio as the only thing mentioned on the spec sheet is hands free.

So the presence of AA (or confirmation of Bluetooth audio) really affects the choice of model we go for. Now that Honda have actually got the new jazz listed on their website I'll get in touch with the local dealer and find out if they're getting one in soon that I can go have a play with

Old 08-28-2015, 05:03 PM
Why should they actually implement it when they can just vaguely mention it and people buy the cars based upon what they hope Honda will do?

I really see much point in it. Cars are long-term purchases for most of us and while AA designed for 5.0 Lollipop will probably work for 6.0 Marshmallow it is unlikely that it will be functional for 7.0 Crack or anything beyond. All people are doing is buying themselves frustration.

Last edited by GeorgeL; 08-28-2015 at 06:22 PM.