3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Complimentary Mini-Fit Key Chain from Honda HQ

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Complimentary Mini-Fit Key Chain from Honda HQ

I returned home from a week-long trip to find a little box in my mail. It came from the Honda headquarters with a card welcoming me to the Fit family and also a mini-Fit key chain that according to the instructions lights up and has a pull-back mechanism.

Not sure if someone else has posted this while I was away.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member

2015 Honda Fit in Yellow, LED headlights, tow chain included. FYI Not my car. We do not have this trim level in Canada.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Awwwww! I want one, too!

es

Old 09-26-2015, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
I just got mine in the mail yesterday as well. I bought a 2015 Fit about a month ago.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
It's on a couple of threads. I got mine in the mail yesterday too. What a clever idea! And the chain screws right out if you want to remove it like I did.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
did you guys request these? or have a recent purchase?

i have had my car over a year, i can only assume honda doesn't care about me anymore...

Old 09-26-2015, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rodney
did you guys request these? or have a recent purchase?

i have had my car over a year, i can only assume honda doesn't care about me anymore...
I had the recent recall. Apparently service or sale prompts Honda to mail out the key chain. They just started recently.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
I got my Fit keychain in the mail last week. I bought my 2015 Fit used - I am the third owner. I think I received one because I registered in on Honda.com. Funny this is I have a push button start and don't need a key. (Yes, I know the smart key fob has a key inside of it)

Old 09-28-2015, 03:25 PM
I am not the original owner but I think I am the first to take it to Honda for service. Mine came in the mail last week.

Old 09-29-2015, 04:03 AM
They care the same about you as they do the rest of us who have had our Fits for 9.5 years.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:41 AM
5 Year Member

I think Honda ceases to care about us as soon as the ink is dry on the check.

I haven't got mine either, but my car goes in to have the rear axle replaced under warranty (rear wheels out of alignment, and can't be made right). I'll see if they send me one.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy

2015 Honda Fit in Yellow, LED headlights, tow chain included. FYI Not my car. We do not have this trim level in Canada.
Neither do we. I notice the model has the LED DRLs next to the fog lamps and what appears to be an illegal level of window tint. The model also needs the wide (and growing) gap between the front bumper and the body.

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 09-29-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
... I notice the model has the LED DRLs next to the fog lamps ...
I liked that model so much I did it to my Fit!

Old 09-29-2015, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
I liked that model so much I did it to my Fit!

I'm liking that.

Old 09-29-2015, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I think Honda ceases to care about us as soon as the ink is dry on the check.

I haven't got mine either, but my car goes in to have the rear axle replaced under warranty (rear wheels out of alignment, and can't be made right). I'll see if they send me one.
Always the cynic, right, Uncle Gary? I don't think that it's Honda corporate, but the individual dealership and salescritter that matters. When I saw the little yellow mini-Fit here, I emailed my salesman and a week later, there was my 2nd Fit, in bright yellow, very detailed considering the size. A matter of ask and thou shalt receive. Free is always a good price and is my second favorite 4 letter word that starts with the letter "F".

Has anyone painted their trinket? Not spray, but brush, with Testor's model enamel. Scoring the top to emulate the sunroof is another thought. The little "vents" at the roof spoiler is the only thing I cannot correct.

Kent

Old 09-29-2015, 06:30 PM
I had my first service yesterday. At 8k miles the oil change and tire rotation were done. I asked my service rep about the mini-Fit. She in turned asked the promotions manager who replied that the item wasn't a dealer-supplied piece; it comes from Honda corporate. Today I called the corporate customer service line. The rep searched for quite a while for information on the promotion with no luck. I then referred him to this thread. He searched and read it and said he would refer the question to his manager since no internal details were located.
I know this seems like a lot of trouble for a trinket. But I think my grandson will think the mini-car is pretty cool. If anyone has information on who exactly is sending these out, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
By the way, the service visit was smooth. There were no issues. I'm still very happy with the car.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:47 PM
Bought last Halloween, just got the toy

We bought our Fit EX last Halloween and we've had it at the dealer twice just for oil changes etc. I was surprised to get the little car in the mail a couple of days ago. I hope you all get one so you can IMMEDIATELY LOSE IT LIKE I DID!

Old 09-29-2015, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by theryan1979
We bought our Fit EX last Halloween and we've had it at the dealer twice just for oil changes etc. I was surprised to get the little car in the mail a couple of days ago. I hope you all get one so you can IMMEDIATELY LOSE IT LIKE I DID!
Go to mama Fit, Look underneath. Maybe it's trying to nurse. (I know, terrible, BFG_

Old 09-30-2015, 07:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
Always the cynic, right, Uncle Gary?

Kent

Not cynical, as much as discouraged. I'm disappointed that I've been unable to get the various issues I've had with this car fixed. The dashboard alignment is still off, the front bumper still sags (and it's getting worse all the time), and I'm sitting here waiting to see if replacing the rear axle will correct the rear wheel alignment.

The other day I looked the car all over for badging to make sure I hadn't bought another Dodge by mistake.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:02 AM
jhn
I got two of them:

Quick Reply: Complimentary Mini-Fit Key Chain from Honda HQ