3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
Floor mats

I've never bought aftermarket floor mats before. Anyone have an opinion between Husky and Weathertech? It looks like the Weathertech give better coverage, but they are also $50 more.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
I ordered a set of Husky floor liners Nov 03. Still waiting for them, so no first hand experience.

There are a couple of threads about floor mats here. The Weathertechs are more expensive and don't include the rear set. The Husky set includes front and rear. I think both give pretty good protection.

Pics of Husky Floor Liners
Pics of Weathertech
Pics of both Weathertech and Husky

Frankly, they both look good, are slippery when wet, seem to last a long time. The Huskys are slightly cheaper.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
I bought the Weathertech liners because I wasn't sure I wanted both front and rear. Later on I ended up buying the rear anyway, so I COULD have saved a few bucks by buying the Husky Liners.

LOVE the Weathertech liners. Easy to care for, and easy to keep clean. I run them all year 'round now as the Fit's carpet mats are so cheaply made.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
OT: I hesitate to call the fluff stuck to backing used in the hatch as "carpeting". I'm sure genuine carpeting would be very insulted by the Honda fluff. Still, I can't think of a way to replace it. The "cargo floor lid assembly", the one with the 2 flaps that covers the spare tire, costs $277!

Old 11-16-2015, 06:51 PM
Alternative mats

Press Fit - How about the Aries 3D, I've got these and they look great, IMO not so plastic looking and cheaper than Weathertech and Husky.

Tboy - I went to Home Depot in Toronto and got a generic mat for $15, slightly larger than cargo area but then again it simulates the upper lip of custom fits or you can trim to fit. https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.1000769501.html

Old 11-16-2015, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by toro404
Press Fit - How about the Aries 3D, I've got these and they look great, IMO not so plastic looking and cheaper than Weathertech and Husky. Honda Fit - Aries 3D Floor Mats - YouTube

Tboy - I went to Home Depot in Toronto and got a generic mat for $15, slightly larger than cargo area but then again it simulates the upper lip of custom fits or you can trim to fit. https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.1000769501.html
These are what I have in my GE.

Next to my wife's WeatherTech's and Mom's Husky....the Aries blow them both out of the water.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Got the Weathertech.. they're fine... but have black interior.. and wish I got gray mats.. would have hid dirt better... Tough to get them looking shiny after they're dirty without using products that make them slick..

Old 11-16-2015, 09:47 PM
Have the Husky front/back/cargo area liners. I can't compare to Weathertech as I've never owned them, but wouldn't hesitate to get the Husky's again.

Old 11-16-2015, 11:46 PM
Got black Huskies on order. Really wish they came in tan color.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
I have the Husky liners for my '15 Fit and they fit perfect with no movement and are cheaper than Weathertech.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah most of the reason the weathertechs are more expensive appears to be that they spend more on advertising. Both are excellent products, but I went Husky because of the price difference and have 0 complaints.

EDIT: Also the aries liners weren't available when I last looked, or I might've gone with them instead. Not sure if they're available now or not.

I also have the husky cargo area mat/liner/cover thing, and it's also a great product.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:03 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
I installed the Husky in my wife's GK over the weekend. good fitment, I like it.
It has full coverage unlike the factory all season mats.

I run the 3D Aries in my GE. Those are good too.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
How long has Husky been selling the front mats only? I wanted the WeatherTech rear mat because I like the way it comes up and around the seat clasps (I use tall mode a lot and it can get messy back there) and would have bought Husky for the front but I called Husky in early summer and was told the front-rear package couldn't be broken up. Just now I looked at the website and see fronts-only available. Damn!

Old 11-18-2015, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
My Husky floor mats came in. They are a perfect fit and look quality. Guaranteed for the life of your car. They completely cover the dead pedal. There are spikes on the back to grab the OEM carpet. You need to be a touch careful, but nothing murderous.

Note: Had some rain tonight. The mats are a little slippery when wet.

Last edited by TorontoBoy; 11-18-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:13 PM
just got my new fit yesterday. we opted for dealer installed weather tech. i think the four mats ran about 150 bucks. they are nice but a little pricey i admit.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:19 PM
I have the aries. absolutely love them.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:35 PM
Honda Carpet Mats vs Husky Weatherbeaters

https://www.flickr.com/gp/farsightful/z847Qe

I am busy overthinking what to put on the floor, but at least I may have some photos that will help others. I like the idea of capturing snow and schmutz well, but I dislike the antfarm look of the weatherbeaters and the damage that the little pointy bits on the bottom do to the Honda mousefuzz I am supposedly trying to protect. The pointy bits are especially unavailing on the driver's floor where the floor is a flat plastic panel the pointy bits can't bite into.

So I have both the Honda Carpet Mats, which look and feel good, and the Husky Weatherbeaters. The Honda Carpet Mats stay in place well because they are a slightly rubberized rough fiber fabric on the bottom. Nice. They do not cover the center hump in the rear seat floor, nor the dead pedal, unfortunately. They do cover more of the space under the back seats than the HWs do. I was hoping to be able to put the carpet mats on top of the HW. No go. So now my options are:
(1) Sell the HWs.
(2) Use the HWs during snowy weeks and then put the carpets back in.
(3) Trim the pointy bits off the bottom of the HWs and see if I like them better when they lie flatter and don't chew the floor.
(3) plus mount the carpeting to the HW trays some way, to get the coverage of the HWs and the classier surface of the carpets.

Other solutions or suggestions solicited.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member
@pagetuner, in NJ how much snow do you get in a winter? Here in Toronto we get enough snow that without mat protection, over a couple of winters the carpet would be quickly damaged. While the Honda mats look nice I go function over form, with the Huskys.

I don't really think that the spikes on the back of the Husky's really damage the Honda mousefuzz. The spikes dig in but don't really have enough movement to do much damage. After all they are supposed to not move. The driver's side has 2 anchors that help. I'd rather chance the spikes rather than the certainty that snow, slush and salt will damage the mousefuzz. That said I find the Husky's driver's mat slippery when it rains.

In the summer I'll probably change out the Husky's for the Honda mats, but for winter I really need the protection.

Old 11-26-2015, 11:15 PM
seasonal floor mats

Thnx for reply Toronto -- Bergen county gets 27 in of snow on average plus some rain on a snow base which also counts for floor mat purposes. Your comment got me thinking that my Fit is enough of a driver-only car that I can probably just swap the drivers floor covering before I back out into a snow day. I don't have swap the whole car. I will snip off the little pointy nibs though so the weatherbeater piece is more convenient to get in and out.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:44 AM
In hindsight, I'd wish that I purchased the Huskies for the front only, and the Weathertech rear. In this case, I'd get the mats with the highest coverage.

Quick Reply: Floor mats