3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Windshield Replaced by Bad Contractor at Service

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 09:36 AM
Windshield Replaced by Bad Contractor at Service

I had a small chip crack in my 2016 Fit and took it to the dealer service. The windshield guy was there and indicated that the whole windshield had to be replaced. I was skeptical, but it was under warranty.

The first time they made a mess of replacing it and the seals were smashed in and sloppy. They called another guy and said that they it was off center and had to replace it again. A little better install, but nothing like the big box professionals. (As a note these were subcontractors that I highly speculate that they were high).

I came across a term"Acoustic" windshield and remember that term when my Pilot windshield was replaced. Question mark popped up and went to check the FIT and also when I was driving on the freeway I did make a mental note of wind noise.

They installed an "AGC Automotive DOT-376 M3H4I AS1 30B Lamisafe". I am not sure if this is or is not an Acoustic windshield or not because of the "Lamisafe" name.

Called the Warranty company and they said that I could have used Safelite as a company to use for repairs. But the Service folks told me that they a good company that they use, NOT!

My main question is if I received a similar product as OEM or sub-standard windshield? I could not find "M3H4I" definition.

Also the dealer service that I have nothing but problems is Katy Service. Thankfully I am knowledgeable to question everything.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
Doesn't Safelight give you a lifetime warrantee on leaks too.. ?? wonder if the dealer one does?

AGC is the manufacturer, Lamisafe is the "model" of the glass. Whenever I swap a windshield I always ask the shop if I can upset myself to a bronze full tint version. They really help keep heat out. Both times I did it it was like 50 or 60 bucks of the upgrade. Had a Toyota pickup once that came factory with Bronze windows, stupid shop put a clear window in instead, had to argue but they finally did it right..

Last edited by dwtaylorpdx; 06-16-2016 at 02:43 PM.