3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

flaws per 100 vehicles ranking

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
flaws per 100 vehicles ranking

Here is Power's ranking and the number of flaws reported per 100 cars:

Kia 83
Porsche 84
Hyundai 92
Toyota 93
BMW 94
Chevrolet 95
Buick 96 (tie)
Lexus 96 (tie)
Lincoln 96 (tie)
Nissan 101
Ford 102
GMC 103 (tie)
Infiniti 103 (tie)
Volkwagen 104
INDUSTRY AVERAGE 105
Audi 110
Mercedes-Benz 111
Cadillac 112
Jeep 113
Ram 114
Chrysler 115
Mitsubishi 116
Dodge 117
Subaru 118
Honda 119
Acura 122
Scion 123
Jaguar 127 (tie)
Mazda 127 (tie)
Mini 127 (tie)
Land Rover 132
Volvo 152
Fiat 174
Smart 216

Old 06-22-2016, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, some heads ought to roll at Honda with those stats.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
Just one data point, but I had far more and far more worse problems with my '13 Volkswagen Beetle TDi. Actually, other than the CVT software flash and inner door bracket recalls, I've really had no substantive issues with my Fit.

es

Old 06-22-2016, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stembridge
Just one data point, but I had far more and far more worse problems with my '13 Volkswagen Beetle TDi. Actually, other than the CVT software flash and inner door bracket recalls, I've really had no substantive issues with my Fit.

es
No indication of the severity of the flaws. I had two recalls on my Suzuki SX4, Loctite not used properly on the outside mirrors (a very minor flaw) and a passenger seat airbag sensor (major IMHO). As I read the "report" no weight is given for each flaw.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
I've read many articles about infotainment systems skewing these numbers. They really aren't a great way to know if your car won't start or if it's just hard to get a radio station.

Here's one: http://www.autoblog.com/2015/06/23/-j-d-power-quality-ratings-analysis/

Last edited by exl500; 06-23-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:21 PM
That list is a joke. Volkswagen is way worse than Honda, I know, I lived through the hell that is owning a VW Golf.

My Honda Fit, zero problems.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Over the year I've owned the Fit, I had the door handle bracket recall, which took three visits to correct issues caused by the work performed (black sealant of the passenger window and a water leak inside the rear driver's side door).

The rear axle was built improperly and couldn't be aligned, causing excessive wear on the right rear tire. The axle had to be replaced under warranty, and I consequently had to buy a new set of tires when the one tire was worn out at 15,000 miles.

I'm still staring at a 1/8" gap between the "A" pillar and the dashboard and an 1/4" difference in height between the "A Pillar and the vent trim.

The gap between the bumper cover and the front fender has grown to 1/4" and continues to spread. Neither Honda nor the dealer has a solution to either problem.

I know I'm not alone here. I've been a member of this forum for over five years. I've owned both a GE and a GK Fit. I've seen the kind of topics discussed here. The first and second gen. forums seem to be mostly filled with threads on modifications and customizing the cars-you know, fun stuff (at least until the air bag recall). The 3rd gen. forum seems to be full of complaints about quality.

For those of you whose Fits are "perfect", you are either lucky, or your standards are much lower than mine.

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 06-23-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:18 AM
I do consider myself to be one of the lucky ones. I've read about the issues many Fit owners are complaining about here on the forum. Fortunately I haven't experienced any of them. 11,000+ miles so far and no problems - no recalls either. So far, so good.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BenQuick
I do consider myself to be one of the lucky ones. I've read about the issues many Fit owners are complaining about here on the forum. Fortunately I haven't experienced any of them. 11,000+ miles so far and no problems - no recalls either. So far, so good.
Those of us who are satisfied (or have sub-Uncle Gary standards) are less likely to post here. Personally, I come here for the DIY projects and tips. Griping is generally not my thing.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, I feel fortunate to be lucky. This is my first car in 35 years, and my first new car. It would have been such a bummer to get one with issues.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I'm still staring at a 1/8" gap between the "A" pillar and the dashboard and an 1/4" difference in height between the "A Pillar and the vent trim.

The gap between the bumper cover and the front fender has grown to 1/4" and continues to spread. Neither Honda nor the dealer has a solution to either problem.

For those of you whose Fits are "perfect", you are either lucky, or your standards are much lower than mine.
I wouldn't say I have low standards (I have the same issues, mind you), but those of us with a 2015 were early adopters, which comes with all the niggles of owning a first year model. Also, given the price tag ($17.5K OTD for a EX manual) I'm still extremely satisfied. One poster on here posted pictures of how his amazing dealership fixed the front bumper cover issue with just some glue and foam. Easy fix if it bothers you so much. Honda's reputation for quality did lessen in my eyes with this model, but I still feel it's above par for what I've owned in the past and in this price range.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=DannyJ7;1347794]I wouldn't say I have low standards (I have the same issues, mind you), but those of us with a 2015 were early adopters, which comes with all the niggles of owning a first year model. Also, given the price tag ($17.5K OTD for a EX manual) I'm still extremely satisfied. One poster on here posted pictures of how his amazing dealership fixed the front bumper cover issue with just some glue and foam. Easy fix if it bothers you so much. Honda's reputation for quality did lessen in my eyes with this model, but I still feel it's above par for what I've owned in the past and in this price range. :wiggle

I am planning to fix my front and rear bumper (gap ) could you post the link of the pictures.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by oiric2006@gmail.com
I am planning to fix my front and rear bumper (gap ) could you post the link of the pictures.
I've probably scanned most of the threads on the forum. No idea where it's at.

Last edited by DannyJ7; 06-24-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=oiric2006@gmail.com;1347795]
Originally Posted by DannyJ7
I wouldn't say I have low standards (I have the same issues, mind you), but those of us with a 2015 were early adopters, which comes with all the niggles of owning a first year model. Also, given the price tag ($17.5K OTD for a EX manual) I'm still extremely satisfied. One poster on here posted pictures of how his amazing dealership fixed the front bumper cover issue with just some glue and foam. Easy fix if it bothers you so much. Honda's reputation for quality did lessen in my eyes with this model, but I still feel it's above par for what I've owned in the past and in this price range. :wiggle

First off, stop calling the 2015 Fit a "first year model". It's not. It came out in Japan and Asia a year earlier as a 2014 model. Just because it didn't come here until '15 doesn't make it a "first year model". Honda had an entire year to work out the bugs before it arrived in '15. As it is, it almost didn't arrive here in meaningful quantity until nearly the end of the '15 model year.

Second, what does price have to do with anything? I work hard for my money and $17,500 isn't chump change to me, even if it is to some of you.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
First off, stop calling the 2015 Fit a "first year model". It's not. It came out in Japan and Asia a year earlier as a 2014 model. Just because it didn't come here until '15 doesn't make it a "first year model". Honda had an entire year to work out the bugs before it arrived in '15. As it is, it almost didn't arrive here in meaningful quantity until nearly the end of the '15 model year.

Second, what does price have to do with anything? I work hard for my money and $17,500 isn't chump change to me, even if it is to some of you.
Easy there guy. Just expressing my opinion on the matter. Not trying to get into an argument about this, but the safety regulations in each country differ (see the difference between JDM and USDM bumpers). Those differences can be the difference between some of the fit and finish issues we have with our Fits. I'm not justifying the gaps in quality, just stating that I'm still pleased with my purchase.

Last edited by DannyJ7; 06-24-2016 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DannyJ7
Easy there guy. Just expressing my opinion on the matter.
I apologize. I also owned an '09 Fit (also a "first year in the U.S." model), and it was the best new car I'd ever owned. Never an issue the entire time I owned it. Naturally, I had very high expectations for the '15.

Fact is, I really like this car, and that's why the unfixable issues probably bother me as much as they do. Fact is, I'm not a Honda fanboy, and I'm not willing to apologize or make excuses for them.

That said, I'm done discussing this. I realize I've spent entirely too much time here discussing the issues I've had with the car and my disappointment with Honda in general. I've no doubt overstayed my welcome, and I'm sure everyone is as sick of hearing about these problems as I am talking about them.

Old 06-26-2016, 12:44 PM
Anyone have a steering column that is not level? I noticed on mine that the stalks were uneven and that the plastic cover is also uneven to the gauge cover. I made some shims to level the column. I have a 16 lx

Old 06-26-2016, 01:27 PM
I checked mine and it looks ok. Did you by any chance take a picture of it before you leveled it?

Old 06-26-2016, 02:01 PM
It's actually still not perfect. Takes about 5 mins to take the shims out or add. I will take some pictures when I get back from vacation

Old 06-27-2016, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Honda really has dropped the ball when it comes to certain things. The reason for this is that they spend too much money developing stuff like jets and robots?

Back in the day, they made engines. When they stuck to engines on wheels, they did okay, but now it's a big corporate environment, and we, their customers, are paying the price.

My first honda was a cb360 motorcycle. That thing was bulletproof, and when it did breakdown, the odds were that if a good kick didn't fix it, a screwdriver would. Now when things break on a honda, there's a chance that not even the honda mechanics can fix it.

Quick Reply: flaws per 100 vehicles ranking