3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda Removes Touch Volume Control from 2017 CRV, but When for the Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
Honda Removes Touch Volume Control from 2017 CRV, but When for the Fit?

2017 Honda CRV Review

Honda also took the advice of its current gen CR-V owners, many of whom voiced their displeasure at the touchscreen volume control for the audio system. That’s something all new model Hondas have, and while it might seem to be a ‘tech-friendly’ way to adjust the volume, in practice it is a real pain. Bring back the dial, owners pleaded. And Honda listened! Expect to see that humble little volume dial — the kind you twirl between your fingers — to make its way into the rest of the fleet in the coming years.
I tried but failed to properly use the touchscreen volume control on a 2015 Fit, but could not use it safely nor properly. I really do think the volume control is both easier and safer. It seems Honda will listen to their customers, but when will it get to the Fit?

Old 12-02-2016, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator
isn't it easier to use the steering wheel controls?

Old 12-02-2016, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, nice to see that real volume knob come about, but probably won't make it to the Fit until the next generation. Even the recent civic is missing the knob.

So, yes, I only use the steering wheel control, but as a passenger, eh, not really an option but to use the crappy slider. Of course I'm referring to the "EX" trim level here.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Oddly before I purchased my Fit, I read about some of the displeasure surrounding the touch volume control.
I had a 2010 which had a knob. So I fully expected to hate the touch slider.
Guess What?
I may be in the minority, but I like the touch slider. Keeps the dash looking clean, and it works.
Sure I probably use my steering wheel volume control much more often, but I would if it had a knob volume control too....and I have no problem using the touch slider when I want to use it.
I kind of like that I don't have to worry about the knob coming off, becoming loose, or cleaning it...

My biggest criticism is of the slider is the somewhat awkward way of getting the volume to mute. You can do it...but hitting that while driving is sort of a pain.

But outside of that specific criticism...I'd say I like the slider. I don't really get a lot of the negativity against it.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
Oddly before I purchased my Fit, I read about some of the displeasure surrounding the touch volume control.
I had a 2010 which had a knob. So I fully expected to hate the touch slider.
Guess What?
I may be in the minority, but I like the touch slider. Keeps the dash looking clean, and it works.
Sure I probably use my steering wheel volume control much more often, but I would if it had a knob volume control too....and I have no problem using the touch slider when I want to use it.
I kind of like that I don't have to worry about the knob coming off, becoming loose, or cleaning it...

My biggest criticism is of the slider is the somewhat awkward way of getting the volume to mute. You can do it...but hitting that while driving is sort of a pain.

But outside of that specific criticism...I'd say I like the slider. I don't really get a lot of the negativity against it.
I have no complaints about the volume control, either. Isn't it easier to simply hit the "power off" button to "mute" the audio?

Old 12-02-2016, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to rub it in. I bought the LX for the knobs. They work just fine.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
No Problems...

Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I have no complaints about the volume control, either. Isn't it easier to simply hit the "power off" button to "mute" the audio?
Sure.
It really isn't much of a criticism either. No Problem.
But since there is a MUTE area on the touch screen? Well for some reason it's a little tricky to use....
Other than just holding the volume down until it reaches 0, I wish there was a way to quickly mute volume from the steering wheel control.

But surely...turning off the audio...is a quick and easy way to "mute"...no problem.