3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Fit EX XM radio

Old 02-13-2017, 05:30 AM
2015 Fit EX XM radio

My wife has a 15 ex. I bought a new car and it has xm built in. Now she is wishing she had it without getting wires ran and a receiver on her dash. Is the ex able to get the xm radio without navigation? Is there a software change i can do that will open it up? Thanks

Old 02-14-2017, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
SiriusXM smartphone app

Hi tgrantjr,

We're SiriusXM subscribers, but didn't want to pay extra for an EX-L just to get XM in the car. What I do is I log into the SiriusXM app on my iphone and set the car audio to Bluetooth. Works like a charm.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:05 AM
Thankf for the info. She tried that and does not like having to look away from the road with our daughter in the car to change the station. I ended up buying her a onyx plus unit to be installed. The only thing is that the ex does not come with an aux in jack which suprises me. Does anyone know how many bluetooth devices the car can handle at once? I am thinking about running an aux cable all the way into the console and putting a powered bluetooth adapter in there to send the audio over. I just dont know if the car can handle her phone being connected along with the xm. Anyone know of this?

Old 02-19-2017, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
Hi tgrantjr,

True, the phone app is adequate for my needs because I only listen to one XM station at a time and rarely tune to another. I wouldn't think of tuning the app to another station while driving.

I couldn't find anything in the owner's manual that answers your question, other than that everything I did see indicates that the bluetooth is oriented for phones, not non-phone devices. It does say that up to 6 phones can be paired, but that if there are multiple (paired) phones in the car then it defaults to the first one it finds.

Other than that, in this HandsFreeLink FAQ I also found the following:

Can I use a Music Player that supports the A2DP and AVRCP profiles with Honda’s Bluetooth® Audio system?
Honda only tests Bluetooth® enabled phones with the Bluetooth® Audio system due to the greatly varying levels of compatibility found among Bluetooth® enabled music players. Therefore, Honda cannot guarantee compatibility of Bluetooth® enabled music players with the Bluetooth® Audio system.

If I have concerns/questions about my system or features which are not listed here in the FAQs, who can I speak with to find out more information?
Customers can reach a representative at 1-888-528-7876 to inquire about other advanced features or questions about HandsFreeLink®

Other than that, can the HDMI be adapted to a 3.5mm jack?
I looked on Amazon for HDMI to 3.5mm I looked on Amazon for HDMI to 3.5mm
- I'm by no means an electronics expert so defer to others to weigh in.

Last edited by Fit4Me?; 02-19-2017 at 11:56 PM.