3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

CVT Transmission doesn't vary on 2015 LX

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 12:26 AM
Banned
It's been nearly a week since our CVT failed.

Very little information has been received from this forum on the 2015 Honda Fit CVT Transmission and electrical system schematics.

Is their another forum or website where users have this information?

Old 03-24-2017, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BrotherBeijing
It's been nearly a week since our CVT failed.

Very little information has been received from this forum on the 2015 Honda Fit CVT Transmission and electrical system schematics.

Is their another forum or website where users have this information?
It's been nearly a week since your CVT failed you. Very little information has been given on your part as to what the trouble code is.

Is there a reason why you have not gotten around to find out why the CEL is on? Maybe a new owner can provide this information.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:11 AM
Banned
Hello Fit Freak Forum,

If you have any information or links on failures of the Honda Fit 2015 CVT Transmission and/or engine wiring diagrams of the 2015 Honda Fit LX CVT then please provide it to us. Thanks.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
Do you have a link to the 2015 Fit wiring schematics?
Yes, I certainly do.

Old 03-24-2017, 03:08 AM
Banned
I have a failure on my Honda Fit 2015 CVT Transmission.

If you have any information or links to engine wiring diagrams or the CVT transmission then please post the links.

Have a good day.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:01 AM
I have a failure on my Honda Fit 2015 CVT Transmission.

If you have any information or links to engine wiring diagrams or the CVT transmission then please post the links.

Have a good day.
I have two links that should help this thread along in the right direction.

Amazon Amazon

https://xkcd.com/730/

The first is a link to a critical piece of equipment that is required to properly identify which section of wiring needs to be inspected. The second link is to a wiring diagram.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Is OP a bot or...?

Old 03-27-2017, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mcnoople
I have two links that should help this thread along in the right direction.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...+2+code+reader

https://xkcd.com/730/

The first is a link to a critical piece of equipment that is required to properly identify which section of wiring needs to be inspected. The second link is to a wiring diagram.
I love XKCD

Old 03-31-2017, 08:15 AM
Banned
It's been two weeks since the CVT stopping varying the gears and since I have asked for a wiring diagram and sensor diagram. Does anyone have this information?

In the meantime I am driving another car while the lemon 2015 Honda Fit LX remains undrivable.

Old 03-31-2017, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Dude, if you haven't read through all of the replies, your reading comprehension might be suspect, or you may be deliberately trolling. In any case, since you seem to be immune to advice, I suggest you reread the thread and put yourself back on the road to self-help. Good luck.

Old 03-31-2017, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
Someone posted the where you could get the wiring diagram on the first page.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:58 PM
Banned
The CVT has failed on the car I use often which is a 2015 Honda Fit LX. I've asked this forum for a wiring diagram and diagram of the sensors but no one seems to have it. Is there a repair manual available online?

Old 03-31-2017, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
Dude, you are hopeless.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:13 PM
Banned
The parts list is not a wiring schematic nor a repair manal. If you know where there is a repair manual, please let me know. I am driving another car in the meantime. Thanks.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
The CVT has failed on the car I use often which is a 2015 Honda Fit LX. I've asked this forum for a wiring diagram and diagram of the sensors but no one seems to have it.
If you can't even lift a finger to begin a basic diagnostic process, there's no point in going any further.

You own a broken car. If you want it fixed, you need to take it to someone who can fix it.
Is there a repair manual available online?
Yes.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:34 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ezone
If you can't even lift a finger to begin a basic diagnostic process, there's no point in going any further.

You own a broken car. If you want it fixed, you need to take it to someone who can fix it.
Yes.
Do you know where there is a repair manual online? All I can find is a parts list. Not very much information. Thanks.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Do you know where there is a repair manual online?
See post #14.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:10 PM
The parts list is not a wiring schematic nor a repair manal. If you know where there is a repair manual, please let me know. I am driving another car in the meantime. Thanks.
Near the start of this thread Ezone posted a link to hondas online service manual which includes full wiring diagrams. It is a paid service so you had better be ready to have a competent person to use the info on the site.

I personally have access to honda's SIS which is dealership level info. I can tell you that the wiring diagram is useless without an idea of where to start. So is the service manual. This is why cars are equipped with self diagnostic features. I just looked at the "control" diagram for the cvt trans. This is just 1 part of the full CVT trans diagram set. In this 1 diagram there is around 100 different wires and this is the list of components in the diagram. Remember there are more diagrams for the trans, this is just 1 page of the diagram.

cvt speed sensor. cvt driven pully pressure sensor. TC turbine speed sensor. AT fluid temp sensor. shift solenoid valve B. CVT clutch pressure solenoid valve. cvt lock up clutch solenoid valve. cvt driven pully control solenoid valve. cvt drive pulley pressure control solenoid valve. upshift switch. downshift switch. cvt drive pulley speed sensor. app sensor. brake pedal position switch. fuse box power wiring. ground wiring. shift lever shift lock solenoid. range switch. gauge control module communications lines

Those are the components I saw on 1 page of the diagram. Most have 3 wires with some having 6 (app) or 8 (range switch). Any of these wires can cause problems. Having the code that is causing the check engine would have gotten you an answer more than 1 week ago.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:11 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ezone
See post #14.
If you know where there is a repair manual or wiring diagram please let me know. Thanks.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
If you know where there is a repair manual or wiring diagram please let me know. Thanks.
You can't find post #14 by yourself?

Quick Reply: CVT Transmission doesn't vary on 2015 LX