3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Dash warning lights keep coming on

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
I am having the same problem. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1306016
But my engine stalls and dies. I wait for a couple second and restart the engine and everything is fine except all the warning lights are on but the car runs fine. It happened to me on 4 consecutive days on the same general area of the freeway. (I live in LA and it happened to me by Dodger Stadium/Chinatown area on the 110 Frwy North.) I left the car with the dealer for 3 days and they said that even though the warning lights were on, they cannot get a code. Then they said they contacted Honda and Honda told them to check the pressure on the manifold which the dealer said was in the correct range. They don't have an answer to our problem.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Fittogo
I am having the same problem. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1306016
But my engine stalls and dies. I wait for a couple second and restart the engine and everything is fine except all the warning lights are on but the car runs fine. It happened to me on 4 consecutive days on the same general area of the freeway. (I live in LA and it happened to me 4x by Dodger Stadium/Chinatown area on the 110 Frwy North. I left the car with the dealer for 3 days and they said that even though the warning lights were on, they cannot get a code. Then they said they contacted Honda and to check the pressure on the manifold which the dealer said was in the correct range. They don't have an answer to our problem.
this issue is for a GK. it appears u have a GD. perhaps try posting your own thread in the GD 1st Gen Forum

edit: nevermind. your avatar is a bit misleading

Old 05-14-2015, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
This was happening to me as well. I have a 2015 Fit 6MT with 20k miles.

I scanned the code as a P0171: system too lean. I cleared the fault and it didn't come back. I did drop it off at the Honda dealership last night so they could investigate. Hopefully it doesn't come back.

I did notice a rough idle before I cleared the CEL code.

Last edited by Kevin Evans; 05-14-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:04 PM
I got mine back today. The service mgr drove about 50 miles and I drove almost that much today and so far, so good. Service adv said that even though the 3 they had problems with presented with the same warning lights on that they had 3 different problems so they aren't concerned that there is a huge Fit problem coming now. Mine had the throttle body replaced, another had some fuel system parts and the third had the valve misfire problem. Fingers crossed and hope you all have your problems resolved soon!

Old 05-15-2015, 06:41 PM
I got mine back yesterday. I'm not entirely sure what all they did. I know they tried to swap the coil to another cylinder, and the code stayed for cylinder 3. He gave me a list of gas stations to use...

Old 05-15-2015, 08:47 PM
@Stellgod - Funny, I read that you had picked yours up as I was back at my dealership dropping mine off. Glad you got that gas list.

Warning lights came on as I was driving on 285 again. Very, very fortunately I was still able to drive though. It is throwing the same error code I've had from the start, 2135, to indicate throttle body. This car is doing a number on my heart! They did say that they would work on Monday to get approval for a rental car for me. Yay. And I spoke with the service manager that drove it home the other day and he wants to spend several days driving it when they get it 'fixed' next.

What a conundrum if it does go into lemon mode. What path would I want to take from there? I love the Fit but not sure I would want another. No idea if you even get a choice between replacement or refund (minus an awful calculation of your mileage/100,000 x sales price). I would lose around 3 grand in that scenario. Yeah, I've been googling.

Old 05-17-2015, 03:32 PM
Mine came back on again. 560 miles after picking it up. I really don't think they did anything except reset the light.

I'd lose about 3 grand based on that calculation as well. I honestly don't know what to do. I've really liked this car.

Old 05-17-2015, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
Same problem

My dear wife had the problem with her PBP EX CVT

Here is my post about it: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1301610

I just found this post because I was looking for the name of Honda's Social Media
Rep. because IT JUST HAPPENED AGAIN

If anyone sees that Honda guy please let me know.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:30 PM
I ran across a lemon lawyer website. They say win/lose, you don't pay them - mfg does. They could probably get that $3k reduced at least. I've read it is important to make sure the dealer writes up the repair order correctly and that you get a copy of it.

These problems are just crazy.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
So, I was having this issue earlier. Left car overnight and they said they weren't able to replicate it.

Drove 2 miles from the dealership and the light came on. Left it at the dealership for a weekend. They just called me up and told me that there was a dandelion stem on the MAF sensor (I guess like somehow blocking it?) and that was causing the engine to burn lean. Anyway, hopefully there won't be any problems in the future.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
Still waiting on the new head to be installed, just inching closer to 30 days in the shop

Old 05-19-2015, 03:06 PM
7k miles and a new cylinder head. That's absolute insanity.

Last edited by stellgod; 05-19-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
The dealer got the new head on but said one of the cams looked questionable, so the car sat for a few more days while they waited for a new cam. Apparently its all back together now running fine with no codes, so there is a chance I might have this car back before the 4th gen comes out

Old 05-22-2015, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by cwapface
The dealer got the new head on but said one of the cams looked questionable, so the car sat for a few more days while they waited for a new cam. Apparently its all back together now running fine with no codes, so there is a chance I might have this car back before the 4th gen comes out
Congrats my friend. I hope it works out for you.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Got it back this morning and it runs just like new, which shouldn't be too surprising, right? The repair order listed an entire page of parts they put on, and then 5-6 pages of solid text documenting everything they did. I'll go through it when I'm not working, but the rumor is that a batch of early heads had problems with valves sticking in the valve guides. Good luck to anyone else that has this problem, hopefully I'm the only one!

Old 05-30-2015, 01:54 PM
Got mine back yesterday. They replaced:
Fuel injectors
Pipe set, Fuel joint (Fuel rail?)
Head cover gasket

and a valve adjustment. Hopefully, this fixes the problem.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:47 PM
Got mine back last week and so far, so good. They replaced my computer and main harness. It has been so nice having it back after being without it for a couple of weeks. Like having a new car again.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:49 PM
Wish I had seen this thread before I made my own. I have the misfire on #3 as well. Dealer says that when they went to check valve specs they found that the intake valve was leaking lots of oil, and blowing back into the intake. Needs a new head.

Bad part is...he says lead time on a new head stretches all the way into September!

I've only got 20k miles on it. Should I be looking into lemon laws? I mean...really? They plan on having my car for 1/4 year?

Old 06-17-2015, 09:07 PM
Sorry to hear you are having problems, ShadSlime! It is probably good that you started a new thread - this one got tragically buried for some reason.

Wow, September is a LONG time to wait. Unless the dealer gave me a new Fit loaner to drive till then, I think I would definitely look into filing Lemon. I can't imagine having to make car payments for months while I wasn't able to drive it.

Old 08-06-2015, 04:08 PM
I am having this problem too! This combined with intermittent stalling on idle. Only attempts to fix so far? Updated computer and they replaced coil on second cylinder. Still, the lit up dash problem came back, followed by stalling. Dealer and Corporate says they've never heard of this and are working to find a solution. But I finally joined this forum and I am seeing the problem all over the place.... I will let you know if I find a solution, but it looks like I'm in lemon law territory. 9200 miles, 11 months ownership, and I've had it at the dealership every other week since the start of summer.

Quick Reply: Dash warning lights keep coming on