Missing Aux Input Jack

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 08:55 PM
Missing Aux Input Jack

So has anyone figured out yet how to install one of these in the EX?

Old 09-21-2014, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bababooey
My money is on Silver EX15.....

Old 09-21-2014, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
last night i tried using a 3.5mm headphone jack to usb cable that i got from best buy, and it did not work with my phone or sirius.

it would have been perfect if it had worked. so, now i have moved onto figuring out how to get the sirius from the EX-LN and put it in the EX.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:53 PM
What type of device do you want to hook up to an AUX jack? If it's a smartphone most of them will allow you to use the USB interface as a way to play back audio.... In most cases you actually get more control over your smartphone using the USB interface...

Old 09-21-2014, 10:06 PM
They have Bluetooth devices on amazon with aux in. You can plug your device to that, then Bluetooth connect to the car's radio.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JupiterJoe
What type of device do you want to hook up to an AUX jack?
i was doing it for sirius. the fm transmitter sucks in ny, because we have a ton of radio stations. i have to constantly fiddle with the station as i drive to reduce static.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanguard
My money is on Silver EX15.....
after his Pandora question, i am not so sure about that...

Old 09-22-2014, 07:51 AM
One possible solution is combining a Rasberry Pi, which has HDMI output, with a sound card with headphone aux input.

Wolfson Audio Card for Raspberry Pi Review | Linux User & Developer - the Linux and FOSS mag for a GNU generation

Rocking Raspberry Pi: Raspberry Pi and Karaoke ... | element14

http://readwrite.com/2014/03/11/rasp...ways-to-use-it

If anybody pulls this off, please share your configuration.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rodney
i was doing it for sirius. the fm transmitter sucks in ny, because we have a ton of radio stations. i have to constantly fiddle with the station as i drive to reduce static.
This is by far the most compelling reason for needing an AUX IN. Same problem here. In Atlanta, we have something showing up on nearly every frequency, and it doesn't take much to create noticeable interference.

I have one of the "Onyx EZ" units. I'm wondering if others have had the same problem as me -- some frequencies, even though nothing can be heard at all on the FM radio, will not receive signal from the Onyx EZ. In other words, I might scan through and notice that 93.7 is completely clear of any broadcast, and then I set the Onyx EZ to 93.7, and nothing comes through at all. Not even a hint. I try the next empty frequency and same thing. Then the next one works.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by chrisjones
This is by far the most compelling reason for needing an AUX IN. Same problem here. In Atlanta, we have something showing up on nearly every frequency, and it doesn't take much to create noticeable interference.

I have one of the "Onyx EZ" units. I'm wondering if others have had the same problem as me -- some frequencies, even though nothing can be heard at all on the FM radio, will not receive signal from the Onyx EZ. In other words, I might scan through and notice that 93.7 is completely clear of any broadcast, and then I set the Onyx EZ to 93.7, and nothing comes through at all. Not even a hint. I try the next empty frequency and same thing. Then the next one works.
My onyx does the same thing so I quit using it in the car and use it in our RV and my Ridgeline which does have an input in

Old 09-23-2014, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by noripwr
They have Bluetooth devices on amazon with aux in. You can plug your device to that, then Bluetooth connect to the car's radio.
This seems like an interesting solution. I have one concern -- with the car paired to this sort of device, would the car simultaneously pair to a phone or does it force you to choose one or the other? I wouldn't want to give up the ability to take phone calls through the car.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Yes, the bluetooth headset and audio profiles can be paired to separate devices, but it is tricky to choose what device is for music and which one is for phone calls using the Hondalink touchscreen. I wouldn't attempt to configure bluetooth device roles while driving.

My wife can play music with her iPhone paired with bluetooth, while my Android phone is still paired as a phone headset.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Bababooey
last night i tried using a 3.5mm headphone jack to usb cable that i got from best buy, and it did not work with my phone or sirius.
[picture]
it would have been perfect if it had worked. so, now i have moved onto figuring out how to get the sirius from the EX-LN and put it in the EX.
Originally Posted by noripwr
Originally Posted by chrisjones

Okay you people who need an aux input, I have a bluetooth transmitter that you can use to add bluetooth streaming ability to any audio source that has an 1/8 inch phone jack stereo output. Then you can just use your car's bluetooth input instead of the missing aux input. I will mail it to the first one of you to PM me. I will mail it to the address you specify via US post. Once you have it and check it out, if it works for you mail me a check for 30 bucks or whatever you think its worth. If you don't like it just keep it or mail it back to me or give it to someone else who can use it. This is a unit I bought for my own use but I no longer have any need for it. I checked it a few months ago and it was working fine.

This is what I have: http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2698600112.pdf

UPDATE:

I have received a pm and this auction is closed!

Last edited by Fat_man; 09-25-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Just like what Fat_Man posted.

This is what I use in other cars I drive that don't have bluetooth or aux-in, since it can transmit or receive.

Anker Transmitter receiver 2-in-1

There are cheaper brands on Amazon but I like Anker. Not sure if they are Japanese company, but I have several products from them (battery, usb, usb hub, fan), and some of them came in white boxes with japanese labeling on them and the products themselves have been very good quality.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Using the bluetooth device, does it disable using the phone bluetooth?

Old 10-03-2014, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tmfit
Using the bluetooth device, does it disable using the phone bluetooth?

i don't think so, and i hope not. i will sort it out sunday, and let you know. i will connect both my phone and sirius, and see if i can toggle back and forther between the 2, like when getting a call etc.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:07 AM
i don't think so, and i hope not. i will sort it out sunday, and let you know. i will connect both my phone and sirius, and see if i can toggle back and forther between the 2, like when getting a call etc.
I am going to guess it wont work on the basis that you can have 2 iphones on Bluetooth but only one is dominant. I would also like the availability for Sirius

Old 10-03-2014, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tmfit
I would also like the availability for Sirius
yeah, i would pay up to $300 for the Sirious kit that would work with the factory headunit right now...

Old 10-03-2014, 02:50 PM
For those planning to use Bluetooth, remember that BT streaming rate in 'high quality' is a mere 328kbit/s so, if your music is stored in some lossless format, you'll experience a noticeable loss in quality.
That's why, in other threads, people are writing that devices conneted via USB sound better than via Bluetooth

Old 10-03-2014, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gusvera
That's why, in other threads, people are writing that devices conneted via USB sound better than via Bluetooth
beggers can't be choosers. right now i just want consistant music without constant ads so i don't have to download and fiddle with.

Quick Reply: Missing Aux Input Jack