Radio removal on a 2015 fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 07:47 PM
so im looking for big and loud in my fit. i plan on throwing in my old 10 inch kickers and running a 1000watt amp on them along with a 650 watt 4 channel amp. ive noticed how tiny the batteries in the car are, am i going to need to go with a deep cycle battery to support that kind of amperage pull(had an optima yellow top in the old car, and actually ran 2 batteries in paralell for a while)? i know ive heard that capicators are very very last options after upgrading alternator wiring and ground wiring but im pretty sure i destroyed my old cars electrial system by using one so im a little afraid of them.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by chubbs899
..........plan on throwing in my old 10 inch kickers and running a 1000watt amp on them along with a 650 watt 4 channel amp. ive noticed how tiny the batteries in the car are,.....
For that kind of power I suggest you do the "Big 3" as suggested on another post. Deep cycle battery and the right gauge wires are the first tasks to do. 2nd would be the alternator upgrade. The capacitor should be at the tail-end.

Happy shopping on the sound processor. There are many good ones available. Am sure you'll land the right one for your Fit. That said, am hoping you chose an Audison Bit One or Bit Ten. The sound in my LX Fit is not that loud but awesomely clear with a nice firm flat bass. Light years improvement from the OEM set-up.

Am running a 75wattx4 channel amp, 125watt powered sub. This set-up doesn't put a dent in the performance of the OEM battery. When I connect the Battery Tender every so often, it turns green (fully charged) within 20 minutes.

Don't forget to post once you start your project so others may learn!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-17-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Does the center console have to be removed to access radio....thanks

REPLY: No. - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-20-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
Nice job!

Is this the modified fit with the wide fenders I saw online? Your hood matches the custom color of it.

I just picked up my new fit yesterday and want to add a sub like I had in my 95 accord wagon but think the stock speakers sound fine except for the rear door speakers. Someone mentioned that they thought the OEM HU cut frequencies for those speakers and it sounds like it. Did you figure out if that's true? Are the stock door speakers the same front and rear?

Old 04-01-2015, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
wondering why didn't you cover more of your trunk and other areas withe dynamat? Over covering existing OEM sound deadening is over kill. How did you get the center dash out? I am starting to put in a SQ system in my fit as well. I notice our battery is soooo small, putting in a optima battery in there might be an issue. and do anybody know out alternator amp out put? 85 amp i guess?

Old 04-01-2015, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmm Im also wondering if I should upgrade my battery too but so far so good? Im running crazy power hungry amps 1350watt RMS and 900watt RMS with a 10 farad cap. No dimming while engine is running. I am still a little worried if these amp is going to ruin the stock battery in the long run. I don't want to be stuck somewhere.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sqeclipse
wondering why didn't you cover more of your trunk and other areas withe dynamat? Over covering existing OEM sound deadening is over kill. How did you get the center dash out? I am starting to put in a SQ system in my fit as well. I notice our battery is soooo small, putting in a optima battery in there might be an issue. and do anybody know out alternator amp out put? 85 amp i guess?

I don't think he was looking to make the whole car quiet from road noise. To me it looks like he is just getting rid of any rattling.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sqeclipse
How did you get the center dash out?
Just pull and don't break it, lol. Its not easy but I got it done. Forgot to make a video and would rather not do it again : \ Yeah, it was that bad...

Old 04-02-2015, 12:20 AM
heres a tip that wasn't obvious from the pictures.
The ENTIRE piece comes up (part of the black dash-looking material attached to it too)
Don't try to pry it up between the silver/black, thats not where it comes apart.

Also, I closed the vents so I wouldnt push on them, but i pushed towards the windshield and UP with the palm of my hand on the top right side of the piece. This levered the piece upward (and detached the far right bottom plastic clip).
This gave me enough leverage to reach in there and pull the rest of the piece out.

I was stuck on this for about an hour.

Old 04-04-2015, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
Great thread with all the nice pics, which will help me out in the near future. I pulled a door speaker to see how my replacements would fit and think it is a no go. The door hole is way too small to fit the 6.5"'s that I bought, not to mention the whacky stock speaker attachment method.

Where did you guys, who changed speakers, get the adapter brackets shown in ROTTBOY's pictures?
Thanks

Old 04-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by YourConfused
Great thread with all the nice pics, which will help me out in the near future. I pulled a door speaker to see how my replacements would fit and think it is a no go. The door hole is way too small to fit the 6.5"'s that I bought, not to mention the whacky stock speaker attachment method.

Where did you guys, who changed speakers, get the adapter brackets shown in ROTTBOY's pictures?
Thanks
-Bump- Wondering this same thing. Now that its warmed up i want to start on my build. Ive decided im going to ditch the OEM interface and go with something that supports carplay since they are so slow to roll it out. Anyone dabbled with the getting the lane watch camera to work with an aftermarket unit?

Old 04-06-2015, 04:17 AM
5 Year Member
-Bump- Wondering this same thing. Now that its warmed up i want to start on my build. Ive decided im going to ditch the OEM interface and go with something that supports carplay since they are so slow to roll it out. Anyone dabbled with the getting the lane watch camera to work with an aftermarket unit?
The answer was obvious after looking through some of the pics.
Scosche SAHC634
Amazon.com : Scosche SAHC634 2006 -Up Honda Civic Door Speaker Adapter for 6 1/2-Inch Speakers : Vehicle Speaker Installation : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Scosche SAHC634 2006 -Up Honda Civic Door Speaker Adapter for 6 1/2-Inch Speakers : Vehicle Speaker Installation : Car Electronics

ROTTBOY confirmed via PM that those were the ones that fit the FIT.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:22 AM
Here's another set of instructions if anyone is interested

http://www.metraonline.com/files/pro...7883HG_web.pdf

Old 04-08-2015, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
The answer was obvious after looking through some of the pics.
Scosche SAHC634
Amazon.com : Scosche SAHC634 2006 -Up Honda Civic Door Speaker Adapter for 6 1/2-Inch Speakers : Vehicle Speaker Installation : Car Electronics

ROTTBOY confirmed via PM that those were the ones that fit the FIT.

you can also buy one that fit exactly like the stock one and also use the same one bolt like stock too plus this way there is no extra holes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121139880768?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Old 04-12-2015, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by payluder
you can also buy one that fit exactly like the stock one and also use the same one bolt like stock too plus this way there is no extra holes.

6 5" 6 75" Car Stereo Door Speaker Install Mount Adapter Plates Select Honda | eBay
Those ebay ones are fifty cents cheaper, but that's the only difference I see between the amazon and the ebay ones. I have Prime, so free 2 day shipping is the way I went. Not that it matters now because my speaker baskets still don't fit through the adapters.

Old 04-12-2015, 05:51 AM
5 Year Member
i got replaced my factory fitted player with pioneer AVH-275BT with sub..

Old 04-14-2015, 11:50 AM
I haven't really done any searching on here but what are people using for aftermarket headunit mounting?!? im going for a double DIN and have ordered this.

http://www.metraonline.com/part/95-7883HG

Thanks for the replies with the parts for the door adapters!

Last edited by chubbs899; 04-14-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by paulski
Here's another set of instructions if anyone is interested

http://www.metraonline.com/files/pro...7883HG_web.pdf
Woah!!! totally missed that you posted the same thing I did. Is this the product you used?? if so any review on quality??

Old 05-13-2015, 12:49 AM
Massive kudos to Superfly for the pics! I can't thank you enough.
Got done installing a new head unit by following your tips.
If you're ever in Jakarta, beer's on me!

Only problem was locating the bottom screw. Which you said is visible "when removing the glove box" but I couldn't see mine...took ages to realize that your car is a left hand driver side!!! hahaha...so in my car, it's towards the driver's side

Anyways, thanks again!
Name:  IMG_20150511_184634.jpg
Views: 3227
Size:  43.3 KB

Old 05-13-2015, 12:55 AM

Thanks
I used an MDF board cut into rings as a mount adaptor. Mounted the rings first, drilled holes aligned to the mount on the doors. Then with the ring mounted, I mounted the speakers to it. Sorry no pics

Quick Reply: Radio removal on a 2015 fit