Pioneer Avic 8100nex install

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Talking Pioneer Avic 8100nex install

Okay, so I purchased android auto with the metra dash kit, and I purchased two of these:

2x
Amazon.com: Metra 70-1729 Radio Wiring Harness for Honda 2008-Up: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Metra 70-1729 Radio Wiring Harness for Honda 2008-Up: Car Electronics

Metra Radio Harness for the missing pins

Here's the link if your confused: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...-speakers.html

Diagram for Metra if you're confused on pins
Name:  2014AccordHarnessDiagram.jpg
Views: 15084
Size:  80.5 KB

Wire's for Metra ASWC-1:

http://www2.crutchfield.com.edgesuit...SWC-f_ACH.jpeg

3.5 MM on the Metra plugs into the W/R (wired remote jack)

Last edited by Kdawgz; 09-09-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator
merged ur semi-duplicate thread.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:34 AM
Did you get this up and running? If so, have you tried Android Auto or Carplay with it?

Old 07-05-2015, 06:43 AM
5 Year Member
Not yet, I'm waiting on something that's coming from china....on top I have work and school . Hopefully soon buddy.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:46 PM
Kdawgz, any progress on this? I'm curious to see if you got this installed. Also very curious if you got the backup, lanewatch and HDMI input to all work as intended like the OEM does?

Old 08-14-2015, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
No, I'm trying to find if people on the accord or crv forums found out a way.

Last edited by Kdawgz; 08-28-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Kdawgz
No, but I will post something before fall semester starts. Factory HDMI port won't be retained though. I'm trying to find if people on the accord or crv forums found out a way.
What about the lanewatch camera? I'd imagine the backup camera will definitely be supported as it has the reverse signal wire. The lanewatch camera is actually not connected to the HU but the Gauge control module instead I believe. This module senses when you turn on your blinker to activate the lanewatch and override the HU display to send its output to the screen. It can be conceivable to reroute the lanewatch camera directly to the head unit to see its output. The difficulty would be to trigger its output when the right blinker is activated.

Also not sure about the steering wheel angle sensor for the backup camera. Its part of C002 which interconnects the HU, GCM, PCM, and is all translated by the DLC, or data interlink connector. Worst case possibly is that you will not see the guidelines on the screen when you turn the wheel.

Im still figuring out the other components and how they interconnect. SAdly a schematic is too much to ask for from Honda. Bastards HA!

Old 08-15-2015, 08:15 PM
Oh my word if you figure this out I will love you forever.

In other news, did you guys hear about the Pioneer being hacked away (link below)? I'm hoping a solution like this will pop up and apply to Honda's vehicles via USB or something...

Third-party ROMs for Android Auto are coming | Android Central

Old 08-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
What about the lanewatch camera? I'd imagine the backup camera will definitely be supported as it has the reverse signal wire. The lanewatch camera is actually not connected to the HU but the Gauge control module instead I believe. This module senses when you turn on your blinker to activate the lanewatch and override the HU display to send its output to the screen. It can be conceivable to reroute the lanewatch camera directly to the head unit to see its output. The difficulty would be to trigger its output when the right blinker is activated.

Also not sure about the steering wheel angle sensor for the backup camera. Its part of C002 which interconnects the HU, GCM, PCM, and is all translated by the DLC, or data interlink connector. Worst case possibly is that you will not see the guidelines on the screen when you turn the wheel.

Im still figuring out the other components and how they interconnect. SAdly a schematic is too much to ask for from Honda. Bastards HA!
I took my Fit into an auto audio place the other day, asked whether installation of this or the 4100 will effect the blind spot stuff. He said I'd be losing the Lanewatch along with the trip computer in the head unit.

Old 08-20-2015, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw
I took my Fit into an auto audio place the other day, asked whether installation of this or the 4100 will effect the blind spot stuff. He said I'd be losing the Lanewatch along with the trip computer in the head unit.

Not surprising. The Lanewatch and trip computer are managed by the CANBUS/ECM of the vehicle not the HU. Damn, too bad.

Old 08-25-2015, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Not surprising. The Lanewatch and trip computer are managed by the CANBUS/ECM of the vehicle not the HU. Damn, too bad.
I took a look at the driveaccord forums and their experiences with something similar. I guess Metra designed an android OS specifically to interface with their iMid unit, which is what handles their back up camera and lane watch. But none of the reviews seem good, sounds like it's a really buggy system, freezes, and the side and rear camera quality is really grainy.

I think my next option is going to be to start looking at chinese android head units and hoping someone puts out a specific version for the Fit like I've seen them do with some other car models.

Old 08-25-2015, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw
I took a look at the driveaccord forums and their experiences with something similar. I guess Metra designed an android OS specifically to interface with their iMid unit, which is what handles their back up camera and lane watch. But none of the reviews seem good, sounds like it's a really buggy system, freezes, and the side and rear camera quality is really grainy.

I think my next option is going to be to start looking at chinese android head units and hoping someone puts out a specific version for the Fit like I've seen them do with some other car models.
We are likely still a few years away before aftermarket head units have software capable of handling both backup and lanewatch, exclusive to hondas right now. Already I see progress. Ducktapemaster has successfully decoded the F-CAN and B-CAN signals of the 2015 Fit. Its only a matter of time before he has unlocked the stock HU. His work (and others im sure) can then be applied for new aftermarket head unit designs.

Old 09-02-2015, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
Don't buy the Metra Double Din Dash kit....I realized it won't fit 8100nex. The fit is completely off. I just contacted Metra waiting to hear a response. Project is delayed....AGAIN. I just install the speakers for now...no amp.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
I give up on this project........it won't work.

Last edited by Kdawgz; 09-24-2015 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:58 AM
im sure there's a camera that could fit in the housing of the rear view mirror. use the right turn signal power source to trigger the input for camera. that's how i at least plan on doing it... not gonna even try to mess with whatever the eff this canbus shit is

Old 08-25-2016, 01:06 AM
io also wonder if there's a simple video rca type wire on the stock camera i can just tie into, and separate from the canbus thing. any thoughts?

Old 08-25-2016, 01:12 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/152155296445?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
looks like the wiring from the camera itself is pretty straightforward. i would look into finding those wires, connecting an rca to it, then plugigng it in to your reverse camera input. as the reverse camera works.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by fittle sticks
io also wonder if there's a simple video rca type wire on the stock camera i can just tie into, and separate from the canbus thing. any thoughts?
Negative. Its an 6 wire molex connector

Old 09-03-2016, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
is this mean it would be more easy to swap head unit on the lx model ?

knowing yon dont have trip computer and lane watch on 5" radio

+ on the dx model in canada , you did not have steering audio control