2016 Fit EX - Upgrade Speakers and Add Sub

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 11:16 AM
2016 Fit EX - Upgrade Speakers and Add Sub

My wife and I purchased a 2016 Fix EX in Yellow. It is our second Fit. We had a 2009 sport model (purple) that we loved, but traded it for a midnight edition Nissan Juke. The one thing we REALLY miss about the Juke.....the Rockford Fosgate audio system. For a stock system, it was outstanding.

Sooooo, I would like to KEEP the stock 7" touch screen head unit, but replace the speakers and add a sub. Like everyone on the interwebs has said, the stock setup has NO bottom end. I'm guessing replacing the door speakers isn't going to fix that. I'm assuming adding a sub is in order.

So, if I purchase an under-seat sub, how would it connect to the HU? If I just purchase replacement door speakers, is their anyway to "fix" the lack of bass?

I'm not planning on doing this myself. But I would like to have as much info as I can so I can make a smart purchase.

Thanks!
Todd

Old 01-28-2016, 04:25 PM
Todd, check out my main thread, the 2016 is the same wiring as the 2015. Should be no problem.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Thanks! I will dig through it.

BTW...I too am a bass guitarist. In spite of my username, I'm more of a bass guitarist lately than I am a tuba player.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by tubatodd
Thanks! I will dig through it.

BTW...I too am a bass guitarist. In spite of my username, I'm more of a bass guitarist lately than I am a tuba player.
Ha very cool! yeah been playing 15 years, haven't been playing out much lately. Life and simply getting tired of playing the same boring top 40's tunes, plus no money in it. its more of a passion hobby than a job.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:58 AM
I read through your write up and it's WAY more than I think I would want to do. So let me ask you this. If all I want to do is replace the factory speakers with something better, I know I will get the bass roll off. You installed an LC2I, for counter acting the roll off and adding a sub. Is the LC2I or LC7 all I would need to add to the stock HU if all I want is to upgrade the stock speakers and get better bass response?

Thanks

Last edited by tubatodd; 02-03-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by tubatodd
I read through your write up and it's WAY more than I think I would want to do. So let me ask you this. If all I want to do is replace the factory speakers with something better, I know I will get the bass roll off. You installed an LC2I, for counter acting the roll off and adding a sub. Is the LC2I or LC7 all I would need to add to the stock HU if all I want is to upgrade the stock speakers and get better bass response?

Thanks
The LC2I is an interface for an external sub. The internal amp of the HU simply does not have any balls to push any type of significant bass. So I would say if you just change out the stock door speakers for something more respectable and add the interface/sub that will be an improvement. You will still need to attach wires to the stock harness to connect the LC2i interface. You can do scotch locks, but they are not the best. I don't like cutting into an original harness. If it breaks, it will be a bitch later to fix. That's just me.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Hi,

I have a 2nd Gen navi and wanted to keep electronics alone. I normally use Lc7. It's a very nice LOC (Line out Converter). I did a more inexpensive LOC this time. I bought 2 sets of Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components I got a deal on not worth passing up adding components in the back seats to allow the rear pax to have the same imaging as the front. I wanted Infinity because they are 2 ohm drivers which doubles the power of the amp. My 75x4 4-ohm amp is 150x4 2-ohm. I then did a lower line Alpine Type E sub for mid bass. I listen to Jazz (I'm a alto sax player), classical, hip-hop, R&B, & house/BPM. So most of my low end an 8 could handle. Now I wanted to tell u this. Go take your fav real cd. And go to an audio store that sells the cheaper infinity reference. Speakers. They are also very efficient 2-ohm speakers. Running 2-ohm speakers on a 4-ohm deck doubles the power 160watts max @4-ohm= 320 watts max @2-ohm. JBL are the same way. Both are owned by Harmon Kardon so the sound is great. My uncle plays 6 string bass helped me adjust my system with one of their jazz CD's. Good luck. If you don't follow something feel free to pm me.

Old 02-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
....My uncle plays 6 string bass helped me adjust my system with one of their jazz CD's. Good luck. If you don't follow something feel free to pm me.

I recently did this too, and I play 6 string bass too! Tuned BEADGC. Interesting to hear the guitar through the stereo!

Old 02-06-2016, 01:44 AM
gorgeous. any radio question on what i opined about?

Old 03-26-2016, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
gorgeous. any radio question on what i opined about?

Hey sorry I didnt see this till now, naw I should be good on the radio questions. I may try to figure out a way to connect my 6 string bass to my stereo system, but due to the lack of a 1/8" input jack, BT, USB or HDMI interface from my small mixing console sounds to be the only way. I can only imagine my neighbors looks playing guitar through my car. its like that commercial with Eric Clapton playing his guitar through a Prius I think.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Hey sorry I didnt see this till now, naw I should be good on the radio questions. I may try to figure out a way to connect my 6 string bass to my stereo system, but due to the lack of a 1/8" input jack, BT, USB or HDMI interface from my small mixing console sounds to be the only way. I can only imagine my neighbors looks playing guitar through my car. its like that commercial with Eric Clapton playing his guitar through a Prius I think.
You can add them through a processor.. Easy.

Boss BX35 3-Way Electronic Crossover with Subwofer Input

Not mine but an example. I normally use Audio Control LC7i but plan on keeping the FIT for the full 5 years so i may get the DTS processor. Adds surround sound and pay to take it all out. But 5.1 sounds so good. I miss my Acura TL for that system. I'll be 40 yo when i trade the Fit so ill feel right driving an RLX LOL!!!