2015 Fit vs 2015 Civic Stereo wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 12:48 PM
2015 Fit vs 2015 Civic Stereo wiring

Does anyone know if the wiring is the same between the two vehicles?

I am looking to retain the lanewatch functionality with an aftermarket stereo and the only unit that I can find that boasts lane watch retention is the HDCC-02 with the ASWC-1 which has shown to work on the 2015 Civic.

Or if anyone has been able to get their lane watch to function after install an aftermarket head unit I would love to chat with you.

Thank you very much!!

Old 06-03-2016, 07:02 PM
Ive done an extensive upgrade with the OEM HU and Kenwood sound system. The interfaces you mention I did research but I did not find a head unit to accept both lane watch and backup camera.

That being said, look at my thread for the main audio connector pinout. I do have the service docs for all the other connectors and pin outs. Not sure if the Fit is the same as the Civic. If you do try this interface, I beleive you will be the first on the forum. If successful keeping those camera functions then I beleive you will be first in that too!

The OEM HU is tied to the CANBUS network of the car, and requires the Vin# and security code to be passed to the HU in order to operate. I have not dealt deeper into this security mechanism potentially locking out the gauge cluster control module which operates the lanewatch and backup camera via the B-CAN. One would hope that your interface device you mention has a way to circumvent such a lockout to allow an aftermarket head unit if it exists.

I also was not successful in finding a replacement trim and face for the head unit that fit the dashboard. Metra fix one for the Honda Fit but others on the Forum have mentioned that it does not fit exactly.

A lot to think about and research on your side but please do keep us all in the loop!!!

Cheers!

Old 06-03-2016, 07:14 PM
Hi bassguitarist, I play bass too! I've been watching your video on your install and have gotten some good inspiration from it on how to do the wiring layout and other things.

I emailed the company directly and they flat out told me they did not know if it would work and then they told me if I got it to work to email them back haha.

I was also looking at the Maestro but I've not found any information on the units with the and functionality with our cars. There is almost no information on our cars compared to the previous generation it's so sad haha.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Yes unfortunately there isnt a lot of info out there yet. The OEM HU is clunky and software bricked slightly, but with the right components will make it sound decent.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:51 PM
I have Audison speakers in there right now. However they're only powered by the stock head unit so you can imagine how they sound....

Old 06-05-2016, 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by Spunkmire
I have Audison speakers in there right now. However they're only powered by the stock head unit so you can imagine how they sound....
Yup you need an external 4 channel amp and an AudioControl LCQ-1!

Old 06-05-2016, 02:43 AM
haha

I already know which amp i'm going to go with when the time is right. Going to do the head unit first and once that gets situated I'll move on to the amp installation.