3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Rottboy's WOP GK LX 6-spd and Garage Stablemates

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator
Finally settled in new townhome in Vancouver, Canada

Its been a 7 month ordeal but finally took possession last week of our new townhome in the beautiful city of Vancouver (lotsa rain!!!!). Thank goodness the garage is large enough to take all my tools and other toys. Its still a complete mess but at least the home is secured.

Here's the before pic of the garage taken on possesion date:

Here are the pics after all my stuff from the container was stuffed in there together with my US Fit and the wife's Canadian sourced SUV. Guess you all can figure out whose income is larger!!! LOL!!!!

Some of the equipment I just can't live without!!!

Managed to purchase another 2 parking slots. You never know what the future may hold. 2017 Type R????????????????? But if I win the lotto, could be my dream 488!!!

It'll take me another month before I can contribute regularly to the Fit Forum but at least things are starting to fall into place. Gotta get used again to this winter weather. At least it ain't as cold as my college days in Ohio!!!!

Catch u all soon.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-05-2015 at 12:51 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:00 AM
Congrats on the new home!

REPLY: Much thanks. Now I know why Canadian GKs from the LX up all have heated seats as standard. Luckily, did my heated seat install before the Fit was shipped. Certainly makes for a more comfortable drive!!! rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-05-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah Rott...congrats on the new home. Glad to see you back...even if it is temporary.

Your Fit looks scared of her Mercedes SUV, the way the Fit's front wheels are turned toward it. Like it's trying to back away to the side.

REPLY: Thanks old friend!!! The Fit doesn't look as scared as me when I see the monthly gas bills!!! In this household, that expense is borne by yours truly. LOL!!! - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-05-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Never thought a townhouse could come with such a nice garage. That's awesome!

REPLY: The compliment is much appreciated.
Can't take all the credit as the wife did the choosing of our townhome unit. That said, I made sure the garage space assigned was one of the bigger ones. As luck would have it, it all worked out!!! - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-07-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:30 AM
Congrats Bud! Hope you are keeping warm out there! Was traveling on business out in St. Louis and my sales guy lives in Kelowna BC. Said its pretty cold out there now!

REPLY: Thanks BG1985 for the congrats!!!
Kelowna is in the interior of British Columbia. My co-worker's family is from there and it does get colder for sure (today Vanc is 50°, Kelowna 39°). Coming from the islands, which averages 80° F year-round, am sure even mild weathered Vancouver will take this year to get used too. Interestingly enough, the wife is enjoying this 4 seasonal weather, but I think its got more to do with the increased shopping trips she's been doing!!!! They have a new Nordstorm Vancouver store and she was there for the door opening! Any funds saved for future Fit mods are now gone!!!! LOL!!!

REgarding my little Fit, have gotten a couple of thumbs up from our Canadian brothers and sisters. Already have seen a local WOP GK lowered with nice aftermarket white wheels. Bet my dollar that driver is a fellow FF!!!! - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-07-2015 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator
The GK's new assigned parking spot

My trusty Fit has now been demoted to occupy one of the two "open" extra parking slots we purchased with our townhome unit. The plus for her is she gets to see me first, the moment I step out of the elevator lobby.

The original intent was to wait for the Honda Type R to take the gated parking slot together with the wife's truck.
But you all know how us guys think when it comes to automobiles, we get "carried away" when a deal comes that's too good to pass.
A newly acquired "white beast" now occupies that premium location.

Completely wiped out all the funds I saved for the intended Type R and borrowed the rest from the wife. Its not the 488 I dream of, but hell, this semi-exotic can go. Its a CarProof (Canadian version of CarFax) clean Canadian car, vintage 2012 with 11k (miles) or 19K (km). My boss' golf buddy was going to trade it in and I matched the trade-in price so here it is in my driving hands!!! Just serviced with a brand new set of Pirelli P Zero's.
Just got this yesterday so more pics to follow.
Am a very happy fellow with a very understanding wife (cause she lends me money!!!) LOL!!!

Old 05-19-2016, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice. I intend to own a R8 one day as well. V8 or V10?

Old 05-19-2016, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator
More R8 pics

Originally Posted by TofuShop
Very nice. I intend to own a R8 one day as well. V8 or V10?
thanks man. There are more to chose down south (of Canada) and lotsa nice ones too. Before this purchase, the owner let me drive it extensively and despite the 11k, it still smells and drives like new. Having never seen rain or snow, made me do "the plunge"!!!
Read up more about the R-Tronic last night and as long as one understands its a manual without a clutch (not a pure automatic) the shifts are instant and firm. Modulation on the gas pedal while upshifting is the KEY!!! No clunky sounds and the shifts are seemless. That said, the latest S-Tronic DCT is friendlier to those who want something less involved.
When you get yours, there will be no regrets. Body is tight and the ride (even in Sport mode) is firm but not jarring.
Mine is a 4.2 V8. V10 on these shores are about 20g's more. Would have loved the bigger engine, but, borrowing from the wife is one thing, eating into my retirement funds? - no depreciating asset is worth that decision. LOL!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 05-20-2016 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Most impressive!

es

Old 05-21-2016, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
looking goood!!!

Old 05-21-2016, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Front License Plate Mod

Thanks Stembridge and PowsFit for the kind words.

Apparently it's an infraction if one doesn't have a front license plate here in Vancouver. Had the same law in Hawaii but not really enforced. Didn't want to drill holes in the front bumper so found a shop that does car wraps and they did me a front stick-on plate. Seems that similar vehicles do the same thing. Only time will tell if the cops here will ever notice.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:15 AM
WOW! That gorgeous interior. Thats one sexy car.

Old 12-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator
Snow tires installed

With the first decent snowfall since I arrived here mid-last year, the time was ripe to install snow-tires (used set of 4 Michelins bought off Craigslist last year for CND$150) mounted on my LX's original steel rims.
These were installed yesterday and last night the snow started. Looks like the locals here freak out with such little snow on the ground. Nothing compared to the winters I had back in my Ohio days.

Nice skinny tires with 80% tread life left!!!! Michelin x-Ice Winter tires 185/60x15

The Fit looking "generic" like most on the road here.

Snow hits our residential complex.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 12-05-2016 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:07 PM
I especially like that last pic of the residential complex with snow. Nice!

Old 10-26-2018, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator
Have been busy these past two years getting used to Canadian lifestyle. It's much cooler than the islands but coming from Ohio, snow here is nothing. Wife enjoys the shopping here a lot!!! My sons are looking forward to visiting this Xmas as weed is now legal for everyone!!! As for me, am happy with the light beer, Big Wave Hawaiian beer and few shots of bourbon/ single malt.
Continue to enjoy my GK immensely, and it drives great in snow (w/ Michelin snows). Originally had Kumho Ecsta's All-Season which barely lasted 15k☹. Now have Michelin Premiers. They have better comfort/grip n hope I can get 30k out of these!!!
My exotic toy (R8) remains a true pleasure to drive briskly. Always avoid driving in city traffic, instead, bring the wife for a quick ride (minimum 50 miles) at least once a month, then let it sleep over the winter months.
The only toy I purchased earlier this year is a 2015 125cc Yamaha Zuma scooter. The price was too tempting as it only had 340 kms on the odo. It's my city commuter!!! Easily 90mpg!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 10-28-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator
Confirmed addition to my family's automobile stable

Our youngest son has lived in NYC for the past 8 yrs. and hasn't had a regular driver since moving from the islands. We always assisted all our boys in the purchase of ONE car for each. The 3 older boys all have trackable cars (M3 -E46, M4 -F82 and a Cayman - 6 cyl).
Last year he said he was ready, but I hesitated, until he gets his own place to live first. Thankfully, he listened and landed a 1 bedroom condo last April.
We started the search in June. My biggest hurdle was trying to get him to focus on a model that would serve his needs given the overall budget.
In Aug., having "HIS" total source of funds in place, he decided on a 911 and the search commenced. (Note: the contribution from us parents is "token" - something just to get the ball rolling. Will be retiring soon therefore have to create my own "kitty fund")
Next was whether New or Used. Knowing that it will be a weekend car and he will be keeping this for at least a decade , I suggested it be a raw feeling driver's car that would not wildly depreciate. A well cared for Used with no stories was decided.
Today the deal was done!!!

This is what he landed - a 2010 911 GT3 (997.2) 6-speed.
With 15k and only 48 hits at Level 1 (rev report), I knew it was minimally gently tracked, if at all.
My boy went last Thursday to eyeball and go for the test drive. Told him what to look for and all was good.
Am so pleased, hope my fellow Freaks can share my happiness!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 10-28-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:18 AM
Nice buys and cool wheels! Welcome back to the forum Rotboy!

Reply:
Hi BG1985, Thanks for the kind words. Am sorta back mostly on Saturdays. Sundays are reserved for NFL!!! Weekday work keeps me mostly commuting to our HO in WA.
BTW, the 19" center hub wheels are: a. Option 419 Carrara S wheels b. Option CRX - wheel in deviating color (black)

Keep up your great posts and threads. Congrats on your '17 GK. Your audio set-up is awesome. I have one Kenwood sub but your 2 must be ground trembling!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 10-29-2018 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator
Cool Delivery Aftermath

Delivery pics this past Monday. What a difference from a spotless delivery area to the rental parking slot!!!!

Initial Manhattan parking rental. Old, tight, musky, moldy and expensive!!!
Reality sets in!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-04-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985

Reply:
Hi BG1985, Thanks for the kind words. Am sorta back mostly on Saturdays. Sundays are reserved for NFL!!! Weekday work keeps me mostly commuting to our HO in WA.
BTW, the 19" center hub wheels are: a. Option 419 Carrara S wheels b. Option CRX - wheel in deviating color (black)

Keep up your great posts and threads. Congrats on your '17 GK. Your audio set-up is awesome. I have one Kenwood sub but your 2 must be ground trembling!!!
RB, yessir its pretty thumping given their size! The 2018+ owners are stuck from upgrading till the adapters come available, but I got them the connector pinouts if they feel ambitious cutting into wires.Yes those rims look sick! That is certainly a toy to play with on the weekends! Hey you are a Canada guy now, got to get into hockey. Edmonton Oilers!

Reply:
For the price, size and performance, the Kenwood sub delivers. Am glad I did my audio mods right after delivery. It's rendered 4 years of listening pleasure w/out a hitch, so far! Another big help was sound deadening. Virtually eliminated that tinny sound of stock doors and significantly cut outside noise while highway cruising.

Your audio thread will be a perpetual help to all those who venture into the GK's audio upgrade. Kudos for that effort!!!

As for hockey, am just not a fan. During my past days the Bruins were winning everything. Never caught on. During that period, was cheering for Unitas, Staubach, Dawson, Montana, Stabler, Tarkenton, and the like... Just will always be a diehard NFL follower!!!

Still 100% a US guy, although wife already applied for Canadian status, I see no need. Makes no difference since IRS makes sure that US taxes get paid first no matter where one resides!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-01-2018 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator
Son found new parking!!!

From the first rental space my son used for his 911, he was on an urgent quest to find more suitable premises. His boss apparently was a founding member of a NYC enthusiant's car club and got him an invite to avail one of their director's facilities. He met up with the owner tonight and passed the interview. His GT3 is now sleeping in a climate controlled surrounding, with complete cleaning, service facities/equipment, plus, in excellent company!!!

This facility impressed me so much, had to share it. I am very jealous!!!

Entrance to parking facility

My jaw dropped!!! Forget those Ferraris. The Shelbys (right) are the REAL thing.

The pair of pristine E30 M3s on lifts belong to the facility's owner plus a few 993 911 coupes. All the other vehicles are either club members or those he admits after an interview. Dark room to left has 2 service lifts and additional storage. There is a lounge for entertainment plus 2 washbays (indoor/outdoor). Very impressive.

With a bunch of other 911s keeping his puppy company, my boy can finally sleep well from now on!!

Fair to say his cost is enough to cover lease payments on an LX manual with zero down. No wonder only 25% of Manhattan dwellers own cars. Damn expensive upkeep!!!

1st LEISURE drive since delivery - Sunday Nov. 4,2018
Club DRIVE (BEAR MOUNTAIN PARK, NY)
Around 20 cars joined this Sunday drive. A good mix of different marques!!!

My kid is finally appreciating the drive!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-04-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Rottboy's WOP GK LX 6-spd and Garage Stablemates