3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Myxalplyx 2015 GK Fit LX CVT Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
I had a Progressive rear sway bar installed. Also a Tanabe Sustec strut tower bar. I stopped updating here since Imageshack pretty much destroyed this thread by making you pay for their services. Most of the pics I put up have broken links now. Thanks for asking!
I won't post pics on here because I can't upload them and I already have two photobucket accounts that are full and I'm not going to need with a third. Glad to hear your car is still alive.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
My CVT on Steroids Dragracing

Video from tonight (3-11-16). The wife only recorded the first two runs. She missed the 3rd run. Sorry for video quality.
Time of each run is in the video description.
This is my first time hearing what it sounds like from outside of the car.
Damn bumble bee!

Take note of the 60ft times. Not bad for a 130hp automatic CVT on skinny street tires. Hehe!

Went out to test some recent changes to the car. It's running good. Got lots more work to do though. Really need to get this thing fully tuned.
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT

I want to thank Ktuner for helping it to run like it is....consistantly low 15's. Gotta inch into the 14's in the 1/4 mile though.
Completely stock, I was running 17.1-17.12@81mph.

Name:  0XjrqnI.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  947.3 KB

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 03-28-2016 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Well damn that cvt is consistent... !!

Old 03-12-2016, 10:31 AM
Very consistent!

Old 03-12-2016, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
I had the loud 2" J's Racing 50R muffler changed out this morning and went back to the track for more testing. Notice something 'weird' in my Torque logs with the runs posted above. Even with the larger, much, Much quieter 2" Max Flo Pro muffler with crush bent piping, my times where similar this morning. Even a couple of quicker runs. Outside temperature was not that much different.

Even was getting 46mpg on the way home. Yes!
Perhaps I should update my sig with the new, slightly better 1/4 mile time. I have cams but I have not been able to bump up the rpm band to take advantage of them. This is still basically only an homemade intake, exhaust and lightweight pulley setup. No forced induction!

Just to put things into perspective, I want to post some 1/4 mile times from car magazines of some notable stock vehicles.
2016 Honda Civic Turbo - 15.7@93mph (Motorweek)
2016 Honda Civic Turbo - 15.3@94mph Car and Driver

2014 Ford Fiesta ST (turbo) 15.1@94mph
2014 Fiat 500 Abarth (Turbo) 15.7@88mph
2014 Mini Cooper S Hardtop (turbo) 15.1@95mph
Car and Driver

Also, I took the average 1/8th mile time (9.955) and average 1/8th mile trap speed (72.5) and plugged them into a calculator to get what my 0-60mph times are.
I'm averaging 0-60mph of 6.82. Not bad at all for a 130hp naturally aspirated CVT econobox. 0-60mph Calculator

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 03-13-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:55 PM
I can't view the video. It's marked as private.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MyFirstHonda
I can't view the video. It's marked as private.
Sorry! Not sure what happened. Try now!

Old 03-16-2016, 06:52 AM
Sorry! Not sure what happened. Try now!
Good deal. The link works now.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator
Looks like the wife is getting pretty fast. What was the other car in the second video? A GE Fit? Looking forward to future videos.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Looks like the wife is getting pretty fast. What was the other car in the second video? A GE Fit? Looking forward to future videos.
I had to change the first sentence (Thanks). It may have been misleading. My wife was actually recording the videos. She don't want to race yet. I'd love for her to drive but she wouldn't know how to manipulate the CVT to get it in the high rpm quick enough.

Not sure what the other vehicle was. Can't remember!

Old 03-19-2016, 09:21 PM
That is so cool. It sounds incredible man haha. Would love to see more

Old 04-08-2016, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member
Tested some minor changes to try to make the car breathe a little more. 1/4 mile time barely better but trap speed has increased. So far so good.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 04-08-2016 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:49 PM
jhn
Have you tested the stock airbox but with just the intake splash piece removed behind the grille? It seems like its purpose is to prevent ingesting water, but at the cost of airflow.

Also, do you know to what extent the ECU adjusts for any increase in airflow?

I'm wondering if there might be a benefit to keep OE airbox right up to run time, then switch to your custom intake so the ECU can't adjust in time.

Also also, how hot are you getting the engine before your run? I noticed heat soak robs this little car of power.

I want to change my intake but only with some pretty objective data backing it.

The stock airbox already is a cold air intake that draws from a high pressure zone at the front of the radiator. I suspect it's going to be tough to improve on with this little NA engine.

Last edited by jhn; 04-10-2016 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jhn
Have you tested the stock airbox but with just the intake splash piece removed behind the grille?
Yes! Back on 8-28-2014 I did some testing after looking at it.
Great Intake Test Post #12. Unfortunately, all my pics are gone (Imageshack). I did not notice much of a change in 1/4 mile times with the removal of this piece.

Originally Posted by jhn
Also, do you know to what extent the ECU adjusts for any increase in airflow?
I can't say to what extent but I noticed while my maf g/s increased, the car managed to keep the same air/fuel ratios for the most part (12.0:1 - 12.2:1 air/fuel ratio). It had no problem adjusting and I never ran lean.

Originally Posted by jhn
I'm wondering if there might be a benefit to keep OE airbox right up to run time, then switch to your custom intake so the ECU can't adjust in time.

Also also, how hot are you getting the engine before your run? I noticed heat soak robs this little car of power.
It would benefit if your custom intake has more heat soak than the stock one.

Instead of taking my word, I encourage anyone to take readings of their stock airbox temperature vs outside air temperature. There are two things working against the stock stetup.
1) The throttle body coolant that is going through the throttle body. If you watch your air inlet temps, you'll notice it keep going up by 2F everytime that coolant pumps through the throttle body.
2) The EGR piping that recirculates exhaust gas back into the intake. Mine is disconnected (Not condoned or encouraged). This pipe pumps hot exhaust gas back into your intake.

Currently the coolant is not bypassing the throttle body as we had a cold winter. Having the throttle body freeze in the open position wouldn't be fun. I've done everything I could to prevent heat soak in my homemade intake setups but it still gets it but it is much less than stock heat soak. It's a short ram setup that I've modified countless times to get it where I wanted it. I made a video of an older version of it because there were folks on here that stated you can not make your inlet air temperature the same as outlet air temperature. Here is a video to prove otherwise --->

Good luck on your journey!

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 04-11-2016 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:55 PM
jhn
Yes! Back on 8-28-2014 I did some testing after looking at it.
Great Intake Test Post #12. Unfortunately, all my pics are gone (Imageshack). I did not notice much of a change in 1/4 mile times with the removal of this piece.

I can't say to what extent but I noticed while my maf g/s increased, the car managed to keep the same air/fuel ratios for the most part (12.0:1 - 12.2:1 air/fuel ratio). It had no problem adjusting and I never ran lean.

It would benefit if your custom intake has more heat soak than the stock one.

Instead of taking my word, I encourage anyone to take readings of their stock airbox temperature vs outside air temperature. There are two things working against the stock stetup.
1) The throttle body coolant that is going through the throttle body. If you watch your air inlet temps, you'll notice it keep going up by 2F everytime that coolant pumps through the throttle body.
2) The EGR piping that recirculates exhaust gas back into the intake. Mine is disconnected (Not condoned or encouraged). This pipe pumps hot exhaust gas back into your intake.

Currently the coolant is not bypassing the throttle body as we had a cold winter. Having the throttle body freeze in the open position wouldn't be fun. I've done everything I could to prevent heat soak in my homemade intake setups but it still gets it but it is much less than stock heat soak. It's a short ram setup that I've modified countless times to get it where I wanted it. I made a video of an older version of it because there were folks on here that stated you can not make your inlet air temperature the same as outlet air temperature. Here is a video to prove otherwise --->
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT Acceleration 60-80mph and Intake Air Temp Test - YouTube

Good luck on your journey!
Thanks for the quick response.

At this point, I'm not looking to invest the time and money into experimenting; there's bigger rewards in suspension for the type of driving I like. I just want bolt-on instant gratification :-).

Much of the tests I see have too many variables in the control to isolate any objective performance gains. If the firewall area has a higher pressure zone relative to the OE zone in front of the radiator, then I see potential.

I'm watching this for sure.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
Subscribed. Did you know you can upload photos to fitfreak as well? Thats what Ive been doing lately.

Old 04-30-2018, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
so much win in this thread, but .... so many dead pictures

Old 05-15-2018, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
youve ran so many setups.... its hard to keep up with... lol

which setup was the one that netted 46 mpg?

Old 05-17-2018, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
youve ran so many setups.... its hard to keep up with... lol

which setup was the one that netted 46 mpg?
Nice to meet you Evil! General setup was using a cone intake (CAI short ram) with free flowing cat converter and aftermarket muffler. This wasn't the only time I noticed the gas mileage went up though but I wanted to point it out since I was running these times.

Honestly though, completely stock you could probably achieve those type of numbers. Better even! I remember it saying 51mpg when I first got my Fit and drove it from North New Jersey to Delaware. Very, very light foot driving it on the NJ Turnpike.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
so much win in this thread, but .... so many dead pictures
Sorry for the dead pics. Imageshack changed their policy so that we have to pay for all the pics that was uploaded on their site to view them.

I've changed the Myxal SRI-CAI post to show pics. I'll try to browse through and update posts that don't have pics with pics if I can find them somewhere. I traded in my Fit in November of last year or else I'd simply take some pics now.
Again, my apologies!

Looking through the posts just now, a TON of pics are gone. I can still see the links to Imageshack in 'edit' 'mode. Yeah, it sucks.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 05-17-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Myxalplyx 2015 GK Fit LX CVT Build