3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Here's My '15 EX

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 12:35 PM
jhn
I found a 90 degree fitting at the auto parts store. Better routing:

Old 11-18-2016, 07:59 PM
nice

nice

nice

Old 11-18-2016, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
What does this mod do for the car?

Old 11-19-2016, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
Great install. Keep us informed on how much oil you find in bowl.

James

Old 11-19-2016, 03:43 PM
jhn
This is after about 80 miles of both hard and easy highway and city driving. No Autocross or track time:

Old 11-21-2016, 08:27 AM
jhn
Originally Posted by first honda
What does this mod do for the car?
I separates any oil that is drawn back into the intake through the pcv valve.

Google "direct injection valve coking" for more information.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:55 AM
jhn
Well folks, it's time to say goodbye. I came across an '01 AP1 that I just could not pass up. 21k miles on the clock and clean as they get. I had to let my Fit go to get it. As my Fit slowly became something it was not really intended to be used for, the only logical step is to move on to a car that suits my needs better, and this one is definitely it. I've already bled the brakes and clutch, changed the diff fluid, trans, oil, air filter, cabin filter, and corrected the paint. It's like a 15 yr old new car:

Old 12-12-2016, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
Wow that S2K looks extremely clean! You made the right choice! They are hard to find with such low miles and looks like the ricer/hella stance/rocket bunny crew hadn't had a chance to get a hold of it haha

Enjoy the car! Any plans for it? Or keeping it as is?

Old 12-12-2016, 11:26 AM
jhn
Originally Posted by Mr.Impreza
Wow that S2K looks extremely clean! You made the right choice! They are hard to find with such low miles and looks like the ricer/hella stance/rocket bunny crew hadn't had a chance to get a hold of it haha

Enjoy the car! Any plans for it? Or keeping it as is?
I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm having a hard time deciding.

It is bone stock. Not one mod ever. My dilemma is I want to make it a track day car, but to do so, I have to change a few things. One in particular is fairly permanent: I have to add a rollbar. It has to pass the broomstick test. I'd like to add stiffer springs, shocks, front bar, sticky tires, seat and harness.

To do this, I have to be "that guy" that mods a pristine low mileage 15 year old AP1.

What would you do?

Old 12-12-2016, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jhn
To do this, I have to be "that guy" that mods a pristine low mileage 15 year old AP1.

What would you do?
It's your car, do what you do

Hate to see you go. I liked your mod threads as they were very informative. Have fun with your new ride!

Old 12-12-2016, 04:50 PM
jhn
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
It's your car, do what you do

Hate to see you go. I liked your mod threads as they were very informative. Have fun with your new ride!
Thanks buddy.

I still have one Fit left, but I won't be doing anything to it.

Old 12-13-2016, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jhn
I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm having a hard time deciding.

It is bone stock. Not one mod ever. My dilemma is I want to make it a track day car, but to do so, I have to change a few things. One in particular is fairly permanent: I have to add a rollbar. It has to pass the broomstick test. I'd like to add stiffer springs, shocks, front bar, sticky tires, seat and harness.

What would you do?
I understand your dilemma very well! I would probably baby it and keep it near stock haha.

BUT,

To me a track car is still a beautiful and well tuned car. Your taking the stock form of the car and enhancing it to perform even better. It may or may not drive as comfortably as stock, but it's still done with taste.

It's not like your slamming it to the ground so it scraps everywhere it goes or adding insane body kits that require drilling into the exterior body of the car.

I'm personally more of a "Bolt on" type of guy when it comes to modifications. I tend to like to keep the car very clean inside and out and just focus on enhancing small things like exhaust components and small internal engine modifications. Nothing crazy like superchargers etc...

Reason being, since i like the keep the stock characteristics of the car but improve certain aspects.

So back to your S2K haha.

Yes it's clean. But that means you can enjoy the car more.

We live 1 life. Enjoy it driving the cars we love and have passion for. If you want to enjoy the S2K on the track. Well do it!

I always find it sad when you see cars that are 10+years old and have under 10k miles on them and think....wow that owner basically didn't even enjoy his/her car.

That being said, I wouldn't drive it in the winter though. Store it than and use the Fit.

~

Hope that helps buddy haha

~

One more thing....you could technically buy a beater S2000 and use that for a track car also if you have the funds and space

Last edited by Mr.Impreza; 12-13-2016 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jhn
Well folks, it's time to say goodbye. I came across an '01 AP1 that I just could not pass up. 21k miles on the clock and clean as they get. I had to let my Fit go to get it. As my Fit slowly became something it was not really intended to be used for, the only logical step is to move on to a car that suits my needs better, and this one is definitely it. I've already bled the brakes and clutch, changed the diff fluid, trans, oil, air filter, cabin filter, and corrected the paint. It's like a 15 yr old new car:
Dude, congrats! That's a sweet S2K, so minty and original. Kinda bummed to see you go. Your threads and comments have been super helpful for me personally. Thank you for your contributions and take'r easy. Peace!

Old 12-17-2016, 07:56 PM
jhn
Originally Posted by WagovanMan
Dude, congrats! That's a sweet S2K, so minty and original. Kinda bummed to see you go. Your threads and comments have been super helpful for me personally. Thank you for your contributions and take'r easy. Peace!
Thanks man!

Old 12-19-2016, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
Ditto the above - you were a huge help as I figured out modding my car. Enjoy the S2K!

es

Old 12-20-2016, 04:47 PM
jhn
Originally Posted by stembridge
Ditto the above - you were a huge help as I figured out modding my car. Enjoy the S2K!

es
Thank buddy. I wish I could have kept the Fit, but I can't keep them all.

No regrets on the new one though. Getting it dialed in:

Old 12-22-2016, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
Looking awesome

Old 12-24-2016, 12:20 AM
Aw man. Sorry to hear cos your Fit was one of my favs. But the new addition is gorgeous. That pristine engine bay!!! Congrats on the find.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:23 PM
jhn
Thanks man! I hope it went to a good home and they enjoy it as much as I did. I'd love to see it pop up on here by the new owner.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jhn
Headlights arrived today. Install was not as easy. They are really bright; I think more so than the Silvanias that were in there. I hope I don't get pulled over?

I'll take it for a spin when it gets dark. 6400 lumen led fogs and headlights:

Hey man, what are your position lights size? (The lights beside the main headlights, are those what you call position lights?) Are those T11s? And what color temp are those? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Here's My '15 EX