3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

The Stembridge Fit (Jazz) Mod Thread - 2015 MSM EX CVT

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for the info. i'll keep an eye on that if it comes up.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by stembridge
As promised, here's the video: link

No trophy this time! We ran in the first heat and the track was pretty wet. One of my runs was in a steady rain (wipers on). The wet actually favored the lower HP cars (there were some impressive spin-outs!). The sun came out after lunch, so the average times went down a lot - I think only one or two cars in the first heat took home an award.

My son had an absolute blast (as you'll see in the vid)!

es
Damn it's been awhile since you posted this vid. That looks fun! I like the sound of your fit a lot

Old 02-24-2017, 08:36 AM
Here's the video from the event:

https://vimeo.com/167624767

es

Good on you. That looks like fun.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks, we had a blast!

es

Old 02-24-2017, 09:19 AM
Thanks! Yes, the springs are "just" Down, not Super Down. I didn't want much, if any, drop. The only difference in the grilles is the chrome vs. matte bar (which I found out is actually a separate snapped-in piece on both grilles). I had bought the grille right after I got the car, and before seeing others use plasti-dip, so I went ahead and used what I had. (c:

es
I like that these springs don’t have much drop. I was looking at the swift springs which I used on a Subaru but they have more drop than I want. How is the ride on these springs? Is it bouncy on the street?

Old 02-24-2017, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
The Down springs are stiffer than OEM, and even with the mild drop, I find my tires kiss the fenders much less frequently, hardly ever now, in fact.

The ride is firm, but not kidney-jarring like the springs I had put in my previous '00 New Beetle - that car was a pain on a long trip, especially with our frost-heaved Illinois roads.

I'm technically "middle aged" now, if that helps with context. I want some modicum of comfort! (c:

es

Old 03-20-2017, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
First autocross of the season this weekend in Rantoul with Champaign County Sports Car Club. Rantoul isn't a bad venue. While not a Chicago or Milwaukee, It's ranks 3rd on my list for clubs that are within a 2-3 hour drive from my house. It's also the most reasonably priced at $25 for SCCA members. I haven't figured if I'm going on Saturday or Sunday? My WRX is apart so; If I can co-drive a friends ES Mazda Miata then Saturday, if not then the Fit of Fury on Sunday.

Schedule and Results

Old 03-20-2017, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmmm. Just checked and I don't see any events listed (yet) for Mossville or Pekin, where I ran last year. I'll check with my coworker who's much more into this than me to see if he knows anything...

es

Old 03-20-2017, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmmm. Just checked and I don't see any events listed (yet) for Mossville or Pekin, where I ran last year. I'll check with my coworker who's much more into this than me to see if he knows anything...

es

I think Central Illinois Region had their schedule or the start of their schedule listed on their Facebook page?

April 30th Pekin
June 10th & 11th Mossville.

Myself, I'll probably go to INR-SCCA on the 30th and SCCA-Chicago on June 11th.

You should take the drive to Rantoul. Always fun to run with other clubs and gives a different perspective. Back in 2014 when I started:

My first event ever with Chicago I was 64/81
Next event was with Great River Region 11/34
Third event was at Milwaukee and quite humbling. 115/133

My last event of last years season was in Rantoul in a borrowed car and came in 10/75 and 1st in class.

Last edited by Rob H; 03-20-2017 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
Ah, looking in the wrong place, then. I've been off FB for several years.

Unfortunately, Rantoul doesn't fit my weekend plans, so I'll have to wait a bit. There's another reason I can't do an event this weekend, but that will have to wait until I can write it up in more detail from home...

Old 03-20-2017, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Sold my Fit (Jazz) - 2.5 years, 52,000 miles

Two weeks ago, writing a post like this was about the farthest thing from my mind. I've really enjoyed my Fit/Jazz, especially with all the mods I did to enhance the driving experience and aesthetics. My intent, actually, was to keep the car for the long term.

But a confluence of events led me to do some research on a certain imported car that's going out of production this year*. In my research, I learned there was a manufacturer 20% off MSRP sale on the car that only lasted three more days after I learned about it, and dealers do *not* negotiate on these cars at all.

After running the numbers and finding they worked (but only if I sold the Fit), I decided that if I were ever going to own a vehicle like this one, now was the only time in my life it would work out as I plan to retire in five years or so, at which point my income will go down pretty significantly! There was actually one of these in my town (automatic), so I did get a test drive, which sold me on the car.

Finally, that evening, a rare manual transmission version of the car popped up at a dealer about three hours from where I live (the next closest was in Texas). So I immediately got in touch, only to find out they had already sold the car, but that they had one more 6MT in transit from the port in California which will be mine as soon as it arrives.

It only took a week to sell my Fit, and other than the JDM rear bumper cover (already sold), I left all the other mods intact. A couple from the Chicago area bought the car (Hi, if you find this!). Interestingly, they were cross-shopping used Mini Coopers. I have to confess, I was having second thoughts all weekend prior to signing over the title!

So at any rate, I'll leave my mod thread intact, and will continue to check in from time to time.

es

*I'm getting a 2017 Chevrolet SS, which is a lightly rebadged GM Holden Commodore VF Series II built in Australia. A total of just over 11,000 units will have been imported since 2014 when GMH shuts down later this year. I'll be rebadging it back to Holden, making it the second car I've converted to an Australian brand.

Last edited by stembridge; 03-25-2017 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:34 PM
Enjoy the new ride, and thanks for all of your help. Drop by once in awhile.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member

*I'm getting a 2017 Chevrolet SS, which is a lightly rebadged GM Holden Commodore VF Series II built in Australia. A total of just over 11,000 units will have been imported since 2014 when GMH shuts down later this year. I'll be rebadging it back to Holden, making it the second car I've converted to an Australian brand.

Now looks like CAM-C for you?

BTW: There's a guy who competes at Rantoul with one rebadged back to Holden. If I remember correctly it's red?

Old 03-21-2017, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
Awww snap! Sorry to see you go buddy. I've enjoyed reading your build thread. Have fun with the new car.

For me the Fit is just a commuter car and doesn't evoke any passion. I can totally see why you'd want to get that SS to replace it. Feel free to come back and post about the sh*tty mileage

Old 03-21-2017, 08:48 AM
5 Year Member
LOL! That's going to be one of the hardest things to adjust to, although my ¾ ton farm truck has me prepared (13 MPG)!

es

Old 03-21-2017, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rob H
Now looks like CAM-C for you?

BTW: There's a guy who competes at Rantoul with one rebadged back to Holden. If I remember correctly it's red?
Yep, should be CAM-C... I've never seen an SS locally (other than the one I test-drove). The SS forum map shows two owners in Peoria, though. I guess I'll make that three!

es

Old 03-22-2017, 07:08 AM
5 Year Member
Yep, should be CAM-C... I've never seen an SS locally (other than the one I test-drove). The SS forum map shows two owners in Peoria, though. I guess I'll make that three!

es
If you have to go, this is the way to do it! Congrats on the upgrade!

Old 03-22-2017, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats on the SS, sorry to see your go, I have enjoyed your thread. I have the same color Fit, you have a pm sir

Old 03-26-2017, 04:05 PM
Looks good.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:52 AM
ok. If you must leave us. I appreciate all your helpful posts here! Congrats on the new ride !

Quick Reply: The Stembridge Fit (Jazz) Mod Thread - 2015 MSM EX CVT