3rd Generation GK Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Just lowered my gk5 ex

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Just lowered my gk5 ex

5% TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND

LET ME KNOW WHAT YALL THINK.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:32 AM
m_x
I think you are bound to get a ticket with 5% tint, but I'm also crazy jealous that you went that dark because it looks awesome man!

Old 02-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Anyone would like to explain why lower the darn thing in the first place. I mean an explanation that actually makes sense ?

"The Disadvantages of Lowered Suspension

Increased bottoming out. One of the most common problems with lowered suspensions is that the vehicle can more easily hit the road when it bounces. Speed bumps can also be problematic. Contact with the ground can cause parts of the underside of the car to be seriously damaged. The oil pan and exhaust system are particularly vulnerable.

Uneven tire wear. In some cases, a lower suspension can cause tires to wear unevenly, or cause extreme wear patterns. Drivers should look out for this consequence when altering their suspension in any way.

Potential conflict with other parts. An even more dangerous consequence of a lowered suspension occurs when elements of the suspension system come into contact with other vehicle systems. Low suspensions can get caught up in anti-lock brake apparatus, sway bars, or even with the sidewalls of the tires. An incorrectly set up suspension can actually chew on tires, causing some serious potential risks.

Lifting and towing problems.For those who like to use manual jacks to raise a vehicle for routine maintenance, lowering the suspension can make a simple job a lot harder. Think about your access needs before shifting your car's frame lower toward the ground".

Last edited by SR45; 02-04-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by m_x
I think you are bound to get a ticket with 5% tint, but I'm also crazy jealous that you went that dark because it looks awesome man!
Lol I know I'm taking the chance it's just a fixit ticket I love the way it looks tho. Thanks tho.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:09 PM
jhn
Originally Posted by Nikoatnite
Lol I know I'm taking the chance it's just a fixit ticket I love the way it looks tho. Thanks tho.
JDM has them but the bumpers are a bit different than the USDM versions. May not work. You might just have to wait until they become available:

2015 + Honda Fit / JAZZ (GK3 / GK5) - CF-Spec Carbon

Old 02-04-2015, 01:12 PM
jhn
Originally Posted by SR45
Anyone would like to explain why lower the darn thing in the first place. I mean an explanation that actually makes sense ?

Increased bottoming out. One of the most common problems with lowered suspensions is that the vehicle can more easily hit the road when it bounces. Speed bumps can also be problematic. Contact with the ground can cause parts of the underside of the car to be seriously damaged. The oil pan and exhaust system are particularly vulnerable.

Uneven tire wear. In some cases, a lower suspension can cause tires to wear unevenly, or cause extreme wear patterns. Drivers should look out for this consequence when altering their suspension in any way.

Potential conflict with other parts. An even more dangerous consequence of a lowered suspension occurs when elements of the suspension system come into contact with other vehicle systems. Low suspensions can get caught up in anti-lock brake apparatus, sway bars, or even with the sidewalls of the tires. An incorrectly set up suspension can actually chew on tires, causing some serious potential risks.

Lifting and towing problems.For those who like to use manual jacks to raise a vehicle for routine maintenance, lowering the suspension can make a simple job a lot harder. Think about your access needs before shifting your car's frame lower toward the ground".
Because handling and looks.

With a 1.5" drop or less on this car, none of the issues you wrote are significant. Tire wear is the same after an alignment. Clearance is not a problem if you live in an area with good pavement.

As the old saying goes goes, if you have to ask, it's not for you. Don't lower your car.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by jhn
Because handling and looks.

With a 1.5" drop or less on this car, none of the issues you wrote are significant. Tire wear is the same after an alignment. Clearance is not a problem if you live in an area with good pavement.

As the old saying goes goes, if you have to ask, it's not for you. Don't lower your car.
Fuel economy can also improve with less air flow going under the car.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:17 PM

You are saying that the car will more easily hit the road when it is lowered. This assumption only works if the lowering springs are softer or as soft as the stock spring. This is usually not the case and the spring is usually harder than stock, reducing the bounciness of the car.
Also, lowering the car lowers the center of gravity. A lower center of gravity means less body roll when cornering and it also means less weight transfered to the front wheels when braking.

Furthermore, no suspension will hit the inner sidewall of your tires when the car is lowered if you have wheels that clear your components.. and I'm not exactly sure how a lowered car will cause the sway bar to make contact with anything else... unless you're gunning it through the whoops section on a dirt bike track. The only thing that moves when you lower the car (other than the car itself) is the lower control arm, which moves upward.. not that that can't be corrected with RCAs (Roll Center Adjusters)

Old 02-11-2015, 09:22 PM

Hey grandpa, you don't get to post a question and then type out your rant, as if you actually wanted people to answer your question, but to make sure we didn't mistake your sarcasm and snark before doing so.

Get over yourself. Lower or don't, but stop caring about what others do and making sure we have to listen to it.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
I think it's like my son's pants, I don't get it but it works for him.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bzdang
I think it's like my son's pants, I don't get it but it works for him.
Made me laugh.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:02 AM
Very nice.

I want to lower mine when the new swift springs come out but It wont be as low as yours.

My 15 Fit EX is also white btw with 35% tint in the front and 18% in the back.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jukeboxx13
Very nice.

I want to lower mine when the new swift springs come out but It wont be as low as yours.

My 15 Fit EX is also white btw with 35% tint in the front and 18% in the back.
And there is a very good reason why it ain't lower. I'll post a write up soon, but rest assured swift's will work well enough on this car.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Gk5

hey bro, What is the part # for the H&R springs. i want to order some.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:08 PM
What's the spring rates? Google can't even find me info for the GK5 H&R's.