3rd Generation GK Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the third generation Honda Fit (GK)

Snow Tire Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 06:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Padawan
I ordered a very similar 14" package from Tire Rack (I chose the General Altimax Arctics and left out the wheel covers) and I agree it's an excellent option.

The price was very reasonable, the lug nuts were included at no charge, and the fitment is literally perfect.
Just be careful of those rubber inserts that go in the center of the wheel. Be sure they are in place when you put the wheel on, and make sure they come off with the wheel. Every time I do a tire change, at least one of those things falls off. I suppose some adhesive would be a good idea.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Just be careful of those rubber inserts that go in the center of the wheel. Be sure they are in place when you put the wheel on, and make sure they come off with the wheel. Every time I do a tire change, at least one of those things falls off. I suppose some adhesive would be a good idea.
Good tip.

Luckily the steel wheels that are included in Tire Rack's "preferred packages" for the Fit are a direct fit with no hub centring rings required.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
Good tip.

Luckily the steel wheels that are included in Tire Rack's "preferred packages" for the Fit are a direct fit with no hub centring rings required.
It's funny how that always seems to work out for the steel wheels. Maybe they can make them in more sizes because they're less expensive to make. It would be nice if car makers could standardize bolt pattern and hub size.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
well yea!!! our old Mini cooper winter tire/wheel set works perfectly on the fit. same bore, same nut patten no rubbing but...they pretty much match the 15s that come on base and LX models . 15x5.5J

least I don't need to spend any money.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:30 AM
I also just went through the snow tire wheel/process on my 2015 Fit EX.
I live on an isolated dirt road in Vermont, snow tires, chains, and oil undercoating is a way of life up here. When I bought the car this summer I looked up tires in the 185/55/16 size as part of my research. There are a few really good snow tires made in this size, but there isn't much selection or any that allow studding. The dealership where I bought the car recommends moving up to a 205 size, which allows many more choices and no clearance/rub issues. My problem with this is you are going to a wider tire, which is not something I want to do.
Like most of the people on this thread, I've decided to go with a 15 inch wheel instead. 4 studded general arctics on steel wheels would have cost me right around $700 with shipping and installation. My dealership sells Coopers, which I have run in the past with great success. Cooper tires are not very well reviewed online, but have a pretty loyal following here in New England. For $790 from the dealership I received 4 studded weathermaster ST2's (coopers most aggressive passenger tire) mounted on 4 new OEM steel wheels. It was more $$ going this route, but for under $25/tire and wheel I am dealing with local people at my dealership, a U.S. owned company in cooper, and OEM vs aftermarket wheels. Is this stuff worth $90?? Probably not, but winters are cold, long and deep up here and a little peace of mind is something I can splurge on.
I got the snow tires/wheels installed on Friday and am very happy so far. The car handles great and you can really feel the increased traction. Of course the studs are deafening on dry pavement and my mileage will decrease a few MPGs this winter, but I am confident this package will get my little chariot where I need to be through the snow. It is a lot of money for new wheels as well as tires, but if you have serious snow driving to contend with, I'd highly recommend it. In fact, I'm liking the ride on dirt roads of the 15's so much, I may eventually run 15's year round. I will cross that bridge when I come to it, and I will also report how good my current snow tire/wheel combination fairs this winter. Hope this helps.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
Good tip.

Mine tires are still packed in the cardboard from when I went and picked them up. Since mine are plain steel, I'm sure they won't need the rings.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FrostyVT
Of course the studs are deafening on dry pavement...
I heard a studded car approaching a couple of days ago. Quite a sound!

One good thing about using snow tires is that it saves wear on the regular tires, so it's not a complete financial negative. In the snow, there's nothing like real snow tires on all four wheels.

Old 08-24-2019, 10:54 AM
Any updated recommendations for snow tires brand/type and size for the GK now that you've owned them for a few years?

Old 08-24-2019, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Cooper Evolution winter tire . Especially with studs . Did very well for past year on the '18 Accent . They have deep siping to base of tire for better traction . Getting them studded is a bonus . They will bring gas mileage down to 3 m.p.g.. They can be purchesed at Walmart at very reasonable price . Add near $17 for studs for each tire . There's usually a rebate from COOPER of $ 50 in the fall .

Old 08-24-2019, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
We've used Blizzaks and Michelin X-Ice, which I prefer now. One was damaged by a large potholek, and another one picked up a 2.5" screw. I plugged it, but it was still leaking, so I brought it to a shop. I'd rather not have to buy two of them.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:05 PM
Fit as a fiddle in snow

I have run both studded cooper and nokian tires for the 3 winters my 2015 has muscled through. I am happy to report this car is an absolute beast in the snow. I live on an isolated backroad in the hills of Vermont and the car has not let me down once. I often drive to work before the roads are plowed and go to many different locations as a residential carpenter throughout the winter. Often driveways and other roads aren't plowed as well. There have been days when I am the only one on the crew who can make it up, and they all have 4x4 trucks.

Get a good set of snow tires and you are good to go.

Old 08-25-2019, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by Jazu
Any updated recommendations for snow tires brand/type and size for the GK now that you've owned them for a few years?
Michelin X-Ice3 185/60/15 H. Except on glare ice, I've had no traction issues. After experiencing several winter tires (including previous cars) in H speed rating, and several that are not, I will never go below the H speed rating. Just so much better dry and wet weather grip b/c I don't drive in conditions that always have snow on the ground.

Old 08-25-2019, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member

These are the Cooper Evolution winter tires . Without and with studs .

Last edited by Odie; 08-25-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:20 AM
New Rims and Snow Tires/Tyres

Not mounted, just in front of the summer wheels.

Sorry about the dusty wheels. We haven't had rain in 14 days and I live on a dirt road. This is day two since the last washing.

Good Evening Fellow Fitsters

I know this is probably the last thing you thought you would see, but here are a few photos of my new rims with snow tires mounted for winter driving.
I purchased the wheels form King of Rims in Indonesia. I have no idea which model Honda they came off of, but they are the size I wanted and they
are factory rims. They are 15" by 5.5". I wanted a smaller rim to get a little more rubber between it in the road. I also went up in size, from 24" to 24.9.
I chose 205/60R15 Goodyear Ultra Grip Winter tires. I will give an update on the traction and handling later on this winter.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AgileFit

Not mounted, just in front of the summer wheels.

Sorry about the dusty wheels. We haven't had rain in 14 days and I live on a dirt road. This is day two since the last washing.

Good Evening Fellow Fitsters

I know this is probably the last thing you thought you would see, but here are a few photos of my new rims with snow tires mounted for winter driving.
I purchased the wheels form King of Rims in Indonesia. I have no idea which model Honda they came off of, but they are the size I wanted and they
are factory rims. They are 15" by 5.5". I wanted a smaller rim to get a little more rubber between it in the road. I also went up in size, from 24" to 24.9.
I chose 205/60R15 Goodyear Ultra Grip Winter tires. I will give an update on the traction and handling later on this winter.

I buy generic wheels because they are affordable, but I always have to use the rubber spacer to center the wheel on the hub. It's a nuisance, especially if I lose one.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:31 PM
Snow Tires And Wheels

I tried to find a set of 15" OEM wheels at a reasonable price and with center caps or covers. I was looking for a set of steel wheels like those used on the LX models. I located a set but they sold the day before I got there.
I bought these for $115 each and they came with center caps. What is it with wheel re-salers in the the US? They never include the center caps. Do they take them out to refurbish the wheel and forget where they put them?
Well, I purchased the ones shown in the photos because I knew they would fit the Fit, they look nice, they came at a decent price, center caps included and they are a little different from those sold in the US.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
The 175/65-15 ( T-rated ) Cooper Evolution studdable winter tire w/o studs are $67 each a Wal-Mart .

Old 12-07-2019, 10:59 PM
What do you folks think of these for snow tires? Do you think I will get stuck? Actually they're for my ATV.

Old 12-08-2019, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AgileFit
What do you folks think of these for snow tires? Do you think I will get stuck? Actually they're for my ATV.

Play it safe and get them studded.

Old 02-29-2020, 09:05 PM
185-70-14 on Honda Civic rims

Quick Reply: Snow Tire Pictures