3rd Generation GK Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the third generation Honda Fit (GK)

O.Z. Leggenda's or Sparco Terra?

Old 02-09-2017, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
O.Z. Leggenda's or Sparco Terra?

I am planning on getting new rims for my Fit. Right now I have narrowed it down to the O.Z. Racing Leggenda's which are 17x7 at 18lbs or the Sparco Terra's 16x7 at 19lbs. The O.Z.'s are low pressure cast while the Sparco's are gravity cast. Is it worth it to spend twice as much going for the O.Z.'s?

On a side note I am lowing the car with Eibach springs 1.2Fr and 1.4Rr. Has anyone had any rubbing issues with a 7 rim and similar drop? I would run the recommended tire.

If it was you what would you get out of the two?

I have attached the current state of affairs. I don't like the 15's.

Attached Thumbnails O.Z. Leggenda's or Sparco Terra?-img_0840.jpg  
Old 02-09-2017, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
Are you putting rally type tires on the wheels and if so why are you lowering it?

I see your car currently has the Sparco Assetto Gara? I had a set of those for a different car. They were OK.

Best bang for the buck in regard to wheels are the Enkei RPF1. While not the most stylish wheel they're incredibly light and are flow formed which makes them strong. About a week or so ago, a guy from Wisconsin was selling a set of 16X7 RPF1 for $500 which was a fair price. I would have bought them if they had been 17"

If I keep my Fit, I'm probably going to buy some 17" RPF1 or maybe some Buddy Club?

Old 02-09-2017, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rob H
Are you putting rally type tires on the wheels and if so why are you lowering it?

I see your car currently has the Sparco Assetto Gara? I had a set of those for a different car. They were OK.

Best bang for the buck in regard to wheels are the Enkei RPF1. While not the most stylish wheel they're incredibly light and are flow formed which makes them strong. About a week or so ago, a guy from Wisconsin was selling a set of 16X7 RPF1 for $500 which was a fair price. I would have bought them if they had been 17"

If I keep my Fit, I'm probably going to buy some 17" RPF1 or maybe some Buddy Club?
It has been a long journey. Originally I was going to get the Sparco's and put snow tires on them for winter use and use the stock during the summer. Then I started to look at the O.Z.'s and thought about running them in the summer. I like the RPF1's I was just concerned that they would not be as strong. So to answer your question, I am not planning on rallying it, just like the look. I live in the mountains and love the twisty roads. What color RPF1's would you put on a yellow Fit, I'm thinking black.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by It's Me
What color RPF1's would you put on a yellow Fit, I'm thinking black.

It's a yellow car. That pretty much limits your choices to white, black, silver and charcoal gray. Maybe bronze? White, charcoal and bronze were special order colors for the RPF!. Oakos in Michigan used to be one of the few that carried the special oder colors. They pretty much only order Subaru fitments. Tire Rack now carries the bronze.

Maybe blue but you'd have to go with a different brand? My friend had blue OZ on his yellow S2000, but it's a purple looking blue

Keep in mind, the RPF1 don't come with center caps. They're $100 for the set. So when comparing wheels add another $25 per wheel.

FWIW: I had a OZ wheel crack, a friend had two crack. They have awesome styling, but their 15# wheels are fragile.

My WRX with the Sparco Assetto Gara and Bronze RPF1

Old 02-13-2017, 07:42 AM
5 Year Member
When someone asks me if I should buy product A that costs X amount, or product B that costs X+Y amount I tell them the same thing. Buy once cry once. If you save a few bucks and buy the less expensive product, you'll always wonder what you're missing with the other product and you'll continuously be chasing the dragon haha. Spend the money one time and be done with it.

As for rubbing, what's the offset of the rims you're looking at? I think the EX rims are stock 53 offset. From what I've read some people start having problems with slight rubbing lowered at around 43 or so since the wheel gets moved further out from the hub.

Curious what you don't like about the 15s?

Old 02-13-2017, 07:48 AM
5 Year Member
The offset is 43. People with rubbing are they on an extreme drop or a moderate? I don't like the 15's when I turn into a corner there is a lot of tire give. This is especially noticeable on switchbacks where you go from left to right turn or vise versa. It is a bid difference over the 16, part of which is running winter tires. I am going to spend the extra. Thanks for all your help.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2

As for rubbing, what's the offset of the rims you're looking at? I think the EX rims are stock 53 offset. From what I've read some people start having problems with slight rubbing lowered at around 43 or so since the wheel gets moved further out from the hub.
You do understand that offset is the distance from the centerline of the wheel?

Yes, assuming the rim width is the same, then the 43mm offset will be 10mm further towards the outside of the car.

If changing from a 6" wide rim to a 7" wide rim with the 53mm offset on the 6" and 43mm offset on the 7". Then the rim will be approximately 2.5mm closer to the strut on the inside and poke out approximately 23mm towards the outside of the car.

Unless going to coil over or something that's narrower than the stock struts, if you go wider on the rim one naturally has to move the wheel further towards to outside of the car to eliminate interference or tire rub on the strut. If you go wider and keep the same offset that will move the inner wheel 1/2 the distance of width increase towards the strut.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
Yes I understand. From what I read, rubbing wasn't on the suspension components mostly on the fender and inner wheel liner. Mostly reported when hitting larger bumps and especially while going through a turn.

Old 02-13-2017, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
It's a yellow car. That pretty much limits your choices to white, black, silver and charcoal gray.
Oh, ye of little imagination...

Last edited by ToddF; 02-13-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you everyone for all the advice. Just a teaser shot of what I went with. I need to clean the car and take better pictures. I wanted silver and my wife wanted black.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by It's Me
Thank you everyone for all the advice. Just a teaser shot of what I went with. I need to clean the car and take better pictures. I wanted silver and my wife wanted black.

17" RPF1? Without the $100 worth of center caps?

Old 03-29-2017, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
17" RPF1? Without the $100 worth of center caps?
Yes they are 17 RPF1's. I have not yet decided on center caps.