2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New 2009 Fit Sport owners, how to replace stereo?

Old 10-20-2008, 10:57 AM
New 2009 Fit Sport owners, how to replace stereo?

First time poster. Been lurking the forums for months now after we decided on getting Fit Sports and put our $500 down for ours. We both just picked up our Fit Sports this past Saturday. She opted for Blue Sensation and I opted for BlackBerry Pearl. I absolutely love driving mine! The seats really are very comfortable.

The dealership had the center panel assemblies in stock, so we both bought one at $40 each with the intention of putting our aftermarket stereos in. I, for the life of me, cannot remove that piece! I was able to get it partially out, but it's definitely in there. Has anyone managed to remove that center panel yet? Neither Metra nor Scosche has any word on what the wiring harness is either. I've checked Crutchfield, Best Buy, Circuit City, This is Sound Advice, even some local shops. Any help with that would be appreciative too.

I've already decided to make all the interior trim dark purple to match the exterior, including changing the silver on the steering wheel to dark purple. Just need to find replacements or paint it all myself.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Should have know College Hills Honda would have had the answer all along. The instructions for adding the USB adaptor include instructions for removing the console. Enjoy!

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...usbadapter.pdf

Old 10-20-2008, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Inmyrem
Should have know College Hills Honda would have had the answer all along. The instructions for adding the USB adaptor include instructions for removing the console. Enjoy!

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...usbadapter.pdf
Thanks for finding this info! I just picked up my center panel and this will come in handy. What kind of stereo will you be installing? Im leaning towards the Alpine W505.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:03 AM
I have a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X792 to replace an older Excelon radio I had. Works out nicely, since it has a rear USB connection. I have a pair of Excelon tweeters I'd like to swap in. The sub I was using before is just too big to use. I don't want to fill up the entire trunk again, so I'm currently looking at options.

Edit: Considering trading in the KDC-X792 for a DDX512 instead. I originally wanted a touchscreen with dvd playback and a rear USB connection to keep the USB port in the glovebox.

Last edited by Inmyrem; 10-21-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
So the faceplate gets rid of all the radio control buttons on the front and gives you space for a standard HU instead? Or are you using the NAV unit faceplate?

Old 10-21-2008, 10:17 AM
I'll be using the center panel assembly that someone else posted the part number for in another thread. 77251-TF0-G01ZA It's for the NAV, but will work for an aftermarket single or double din radio as well. There is a small square hole in the bottom middle, but I've figured out a use for it. I don't have a pen holder in the Fit, so I'm going to put a rubber grommet in the hole, so it can hold a pen.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
I'll be using the center panel assembly that someone else posted the part number for in another thread. 77251-TF0-G01ZA It's for the NAV, but will work for an aftermarket single or double din radio as well. There is a small square hole in the bottom middle, but I've figured out a use for it. I don't have a pen holder in the Fit, so I'm going to put a rubber grommet in the hole, so it can hold a pen.
That hole is actually for the passenger air bag warning light. Im pretty sure our sport stereos use the same warning light that fits in there. But a pen holder sounds cool too!

Old 10-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Yes and no. It's there for the NAV version, but it's on the top left for the non-NAV version. As soon as I have a little time to take the center panel off, I'll take a look and see if I can just leave the passenger air bag warning light out. I don't really need to know if it's on or off. I'm in the driver's seat.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:18 PM
The sub I was using before is just too big to use. I don't want to fill up the entire trunk again, so I'm currently looking at options.
You might want to consider the Blaupunkt THb210A. It is fairly compact but should work well in the Fit. It can fit under the back seats or the trunk. I imagine that is can be installed so that it can be moved from under seat to trunk.
Blaupunkt - Loudspeakers - TH Series - THb 210A

Old 10-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by fliptwister
You might want to consider the Blaupunkt THb210A. It is fairly compact but should work well in the Fit. It can fit under the back seats or the trunk. I imagine that is can be installed so that it can be moved from under seat to trunk.
Blaupunkt - Loudspeakers - TH Series - THb 210A
Ironically, that is one of several subwoofers I looked at today, hehe. Thanks for the info. I was trying to stay with Kenwood Excelon, to keep everything Excelon. Problem is, their smaller subs don't have the kick I want. I love the 12" dB+ in the special dB+ enclosure I was using, but as I said, it's just way too big. I could easily wire up the 1000w amp I was using before, just need something to plug into it. I was considering getting two truck-style enclosures and putting one on each side of the trunk or maybe two powered subs like that Blaupunkt. First, I gotta get that factory stereo out!

Old 10-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Ironically, that is one of several subwoofers I looked at today, hehe. Thanks for the info. I was trying to stay with Kenwood Excelon, to keep everything Excelon. Problem is, their smaller subs don't have the kick I want. I love the 12" dB+ in the special dB+ enclosure I was using, but as I said, it's just way too big. I could easily wire up the 1000w amp I was using before, just need something to plug into it. I was considering getting two truck-style enclosures and putting one on each side of the trunk or maybe two powered subs like that Blaupunkt. First, I gotta get that factory stereo out!
I'm an Excelon guy as well but the Kenwood self contained subs are not that great. I compared the Infinity Basslink II to the THb210A and I much preferred the THb210A. I'm downsizing from my old setup. I do not want to lose too much of the space in the Fit. I'm trying to go with only my 4 channel amp for the speakers and a compact self contained sub that I can move or take out of the car.

Last edited by fliptwister; 10-21-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:45 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
okay so far we all know now how to get the radio holder (navigation piece).
what about the wire harness?
we are all still missing this. without it the navi radio piece is useless.
or am i missing something here.
are the wire harnesses for the GD's same as the GE's?
i also posted here but got no answer
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...t-sport-2.html

Old 10-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by niko3257
okay so far we all know now how to get the radio holder (navigation piece).
what about the wire harness?
we are all still missing this. without it the navi radio piece is useless.
or am i missing something here.
are the wire harnesses for the GD's same as the GE's?
i also posted here but got no answer
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...t-sport-2.html
I personally won't have the time to remove the stereo in either of our cars until tomorrow or Friday. From all the information I've gathered all over, it sounds like the 08 wiring harness will work. Not 100% positive on that...yet! The good news is Wal-Mart, Circuit City and Best Buy are all within 5 minutes of where I live, so I can easily grab one and try it. I'll be sure to post when I find out if someone else hasn't.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Im in no rush to change the stereo, so I was going to wait until crutchfield stocked our supplies. Inmyrem could you take a picture of the stereo when its removed so we can see how it looks back there? Thanks!

Old 10-24-2008, 10:54 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
I personally won't have the time to remove the stereo in either of our cars until tomorrow or Friday. From all the information I've gathered all over, it sounds like the 08 wiring harness will work. Not 100% positive on that...yet! The good news is Wal-Mart, Circuit City and Best Buy are all within 5 minutes of where I live, so I can easily grab one and try it. I'll be sure to post when I find out if someone else hasn't.

it might fit but i'm not sure you'll have every wire on the harness.
like the navi wire for speed.
if civic wires fit then we are good to go.

can anyone confirm civic radio harness? will
it work on a GE?

Old 10-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Completely forgot I had this post! Please refer here for installation info.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
hey guys i just bought my honda fit couple of months ago fit sports a/t w/ navi as i was reading all of your post the blaupunkt THb 210A sub just got my attention does anyone know where can i buy a blaupunkt THb 210A sub? and also i dont want to change any speakers i just want to add an extra bass on my car is that going to be a problem with my warranty can i loose my warranty because of putting an extra bass speaker? and can i just bring the blaupunkt THb 210A to best buy and let them install it? thanks guys!

Old 07-26-2009, 08:37 PM
I was looking into this sub. It's a 1-10" Boss. Obviously not top of the line, but I don't plan on shaking the car, just boosting the stereo system for those in it.

Amazon.com: Boss BASS1200 10-Inch Low Profile Amplified Subwoofer with Remote Subwoofer Level Control: Electronics

I was going to buy it and stash it under the driver or front passenger's seat (the amp is part of the sub). However, on further inspection... absolutely NO room went to waste inside that cabin. There's not room under any of the seats to put it. When I get my windows tinted I might just bolt it to the back floorboard, I haven't decided yet.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Just get a real sub, it will pay you back in excellent quality. Even a single 10" or 12" (a little bit big) will POUND in that small car.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:13 PM
I agree. You will probably be disappointed with that Boss thing. Get a high quality 10" sub with a small/ medium box and a good amp and that should be plenty, depending on your taste.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2009 Fit Sport owners, how to replace stereo?