Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Aftermarket Cruise Control

Old 06-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Aftermarket Cruise Control

Holding off on my purchase of a base fit until I am confident that I will be able to get aftermarket cruise control.

Why isn't one available yet? When will it be available?

Old 06-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Master FitFreaker
good question......

Old 06-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Same boat here.

Old 06-19-2006, 05:58 PM
'DBW' is your answer to not finding an aftermarket cruse conotrol. Drive-by-wire puts a sensor at the end of the accelerator feeding a computer. The output from the computer goes directly to the fuel injector. There is no cable to attach an aftermarket cruise control to economically. Best solution is to buy a Sport (or buy a brick, and leave it on the peddle.)

Old 06-19-2006, 06:53 PM
For what it will cost for an aftermarket cruise control, just buy the sport. Hell for $1300 you get wheels, body kit spoiler, keyless entry, leather wrapped steering wheel cover, aux input and fog lights. You would probably spend close to double that if you did all of those things on your own.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by ngoldberg
For what it will cost for an aftermarket cruise control, just buy the sport. Hell for $1300 you get wheels, body kit spoiler, keyless entry, leather wrapped steering wheel cover, aux input and fog lights. You would probably spend close to double that if you did all of those things on your own.
I would but I prefer 14" wheels and the clean look of the base model. Personal preference, yes. Picky, yes. It's my first new car though, and it would be nice to get what I like.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Rostra makes drive-by-wire cruise controls that just plug in, but I dont' know if one is available for the Fit yet. I'd shoot them an email to check on a timeline.

Old 06-21-2006, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Packy
Rostra makes drive-by-wire cruise controls that just plug in, but I dont' know if one is available for the Fit yet. I'd shoot them an email to check on a timeline.
Some interesting reading on cruise control install on an Insight:

http://www.portev.org/solectria/ho/incruise.htm

There is a link on there to yet another...

Old 06-22-2006, 12:57 PM
The Insight is now history- too bad as cleb's will make now make hay about
Honda dropping these 'green cars' in favor of more profitable bigger engine runabouts (with a V8 on the way for the Ridgeline.) What people forget is that the American consumer votes with their $'s, and Honda reacts. I voted for a blue Fit Sport that has 6,600 miles on it.

Old 06-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by accupix
The Insight is now history- too bad as cleb's will make now make hay about
Honda dropping these 'green cars' in favor of more profitable bigger engine runabouts (with a V8 on the way for the Ridgeline.) What people forget is that the American consumer votes with their $'s, and Honda reacts. I voted for a blue Fit Sport that has 6,600 miles on it.
The Ridgeline is getting a V8? Where did you hear that? In addition Honda is dropping the Insight for another dedicated Hybrid, Here is the info from www.hondanews.com Go here http://hondanews.com/CatID1000?mid=2...77694&mime=asc To read the whole article. Here is a snipet about the Hybrid
-On a global basis, Honda will introduce an all-new, more affordable, dedicated hybrid car to be launched in North America in 2009. This new hybrid vehicle, to be produced at Honda's Suzuka plant in Japan, will have an annual North American sales volume target of 100,000 units (200,000 units worldwide) and a target price significantly lower than the current Civic Hybrid.
-Based on its highly successful direct injection diesel engine technology, currently offered in Europe, Honda will introduce in the U.S. and Canada within three years a new 4-cylinder diesel engine that meets the U.S. EPA's stringent Tier 2 BIN 5 emissions standards.
-In addition to new vehicle introductions, Honda will seek to achieve top-level fuel economy for existing models with the aim of improving Honda's already industry-leading Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) by five percent in 2010, from its 29.2 mpg 2005 model year CAFE rating for passenger cars and light trucks. This effort will include new products and technologies and the previously announced commitment to introduce within the next two years a more advanced version of Honda's four-cylinder i-VTEC(TM) technology with up to a 13 percent improvement in fuel efficiency over 2005 levels, and a more advanced Variable Cylinder Management(TM) (VCM) technology for six-cylinder engines with up to an 11 percent improvement in fuel efficiency versus the current VCM system in the Honda Odyssey minivan and Honda Pilot sport utility vehicle.

That doesnt sound like a company that is heading towards mass producing gas guzzling trucks, does it sound that way to any of you?

Last edited by ngoldberg; 06-22-2006 at 03:09 PM.