2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Seat replacement?

Old 01-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Seat replacement?

Who has replaced the GE's seats with something else?

I'm pondering swapping in RSX seats currently, and would like to know if anyone else has done a seat swap on the GE.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by awptickes
Who has replaced the GE's seats with something else?

I'm pondering swapping in RSX seats currently, and would like to know if anyone else has done a seat swap on the GE.
I saw Type-R seats and Civic Si seats in GE.

This is pictures of Type-R seats.
¹éͧãËÁè¤èÐ ÁÕÍÐäõԪÁä´é¹Ð¤Ð

Last edited by FITMugen; 01-01-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Tomorrow I'm going to disassemble my seat and attempt to figure out a way that I could reuse the stock rails, because they seem to be my cheapest option.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
Well I am trying to See what kind of customation I would have to dofor the si seats but that's what I'm leaning to !! I had them in my hatch and I love how they hug u and hold u in and on top of that keeping the airbags is a plus !

Old 02-10-2010, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
I know this is probably a newbie kind of question, but is there a place you can go to like try different kinds of seats out? How else would you know which ones you wanted to get and try to mod to fit in the Fit anyway? Are there places that will put them in for you in case you're like me and car-tarded? LOL

Old 02-11-2010, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by awptickes
Tomorrow I'm going to disassemble my seat and attempt to figure out a way that I could reuse the stock rails, because they seem to be my cheapest option.
You'd need to fabricate a go-between frame to mate the seat and the stock rails. A fair number of people try to reuse their stock seat rails over here and that's what most of them do.

Good luck with the project and let us see what you replaced the seats with. I can wholeheartedly recommend Recaro's SR3 seats, although you may want something with lower thigh bolsters.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:29 AM
I've decided to go in a different direction. I don't know if I'm going to swap seats, as it appears to be *a lot* more complicated than I thought. The USDM GE8 rails have integrated pressure sensors to detect the passenger.

I could use the rail brackets (body to rail) but I'd still be hard pressed to figure out how to figure out the airbag situation.... The brackets disconnect from the rails quite easily, and aftermarket rails could be bolted on.

Looks like the Fit is done for now, fun to drive as-is, but I've hit a serious block for a DD as I'm not going to remove airbags. I suppose I could swap Civic Si seats into it, but those are still rather expensive as of today.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I've looked to find even normal 8th gen Civic cloth seats, and they are really expensive. Was wondering if it would simply be a cheaper option to have an upholstery shop add/take away padding underneath the stock seat cover. Additionally, the seating position seems about 1 inch too high.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Anyone know how much the stock seat + rails weigh?

I've been looking at aftermarket seats and looks like the lightest weight recliner is roughly 25 lbs w/o rails. Probably 30-35 lbs with rails.

This prolly won't allow much weight savings...

Old 04-12-2010, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
I just went and picked mine up to guesstimate. My driver side is much heavier than the passenger side due to the ability to raise/lower the seat. So without actually weighing them I would say combined they are about 75~80lbs. I could definitely be off on this and unfortunately I don't have a scale. The other thing, your passenger seat will probably weigh more since it has the weight sensors for the airbag.

My current seats with non-sliding rails are probably around 35~40lbs combined.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:56 PM
LOL...thanks for the guestimate :thumbup:

Do you have any pics of your seats in the car? By 35-40 lbs, I assume you are talking about each seat...so the weight is roughly the same after swapping seats?

I've been looking at aftermarket seats and there's really no lightweight option for a reclining seat. You can get fixed seats all day that weigh < 15 lbs...

I don't want to sacrifice comfort/reclinability. I really just want to shave 25 lbs of additional weight.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blackndecker
LOL...thanks for the guestimate :thumbup:

Do you have any pics of your seats in the car? By 35-40 lbs, I assume you are talking about each seat...so the weight is roughly the same after swapping seats?

I've been looking at aftermarket seats and there's really no lightweight option for a reclining seat. You can get fixed seats all day that weigh < 15 lbs...

I don't want to sacrifice comfort/reclinability. I really just want to shave 25 lbs of additional weight.
I have non-reclining buckets, I prefer a more upright stance and don't need the reclining ability more than what I can set it up with the mounting points on the side stays. Also don't need the seat to move fore and aft so hence the non-sliding rails (FIA approved as is the seat).

I do have some pics, just look up my name in the GE8 photo and vids portion of the forum. And that weight was total weight for both seats combined, but I think I was too generous as the seats are about 12lbs each and the rails are probably about the same so just say 45~50lbs total. So I lost maybe about 30lbs, plus around another 60lbs with the rear seats removed. Definitely felt as far as acceleration and braking are concerned. Also contributed to that are the wheels which weigh about 4lbs a piece lighter than the stockers. Also being about 1" lower in seat position is nice as well for me at least.

As far as comfort goes, I much prefer the comfort of what is installed compared to the stock seats. Even it being a bucket for me even on long drives I don't feel uncomfortable or tired. I've used these seats in my past 3 vehicles (DC5R Integra (replaced the stock Recaro reclining buckets), S2000 and now the Fit). For me the seat is much better in all aspects than all 3 of the stock seats in the cars mentioned. Granted if one is on the heavier side of the weight spectrum, they wouldn't be very comfortable in the seat. For me at 5'9.5" and 150lbs (+/- some) the seat could even be slightly tighter and I wouldn't feel compromised in any way.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Day-um...I really like those seats. Ur Fit is really coming together nicely.

I saw u were planning on a K swap. Are you familiar with handling issues in K swapped Fits? I was reading about it on K20a.org.