General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

how do you keep dogs away from your car

Old 05-09-2010, 08:12 PM
how do you keep dogs away from your car

my parents damn dogs keeps scratching me and my gfs cars and im about to drop them off far away if theres nothing i can do.. im kinda sure it may be chasing a mouse or something but thats something else for me to deal with altogether.. the cars and yard are in a common area, but what do you guys do??

Old 05-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Drop the dog off in kalihi or waips and you're problem will be solved.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:26 AM
You could try attaching some kind of battery powered siren under your cars so the dogs run as far away from them as they can get.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
get one of those invisible fence collars...if i am not mistaken you can get a module to keep the dog out of a certain room, put that in the car...

Old 05-10-2010, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member
Get an electronic training collar and keep the dogs in a training kennel and put the collar on while training them in basic obedience when they are out of the kennel until they understand basic commands... When they exhibit unwanted behavior and do not respond to commands zap em repeat the command and repeat.... It works real well on women and children also.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by red600
Drop the dog off in kalihi or waips and you're problem will be solved.
haha thats the next plan..

Old 05-10-2010, 04:59 PM
The fastest animal in the world= last black dog in Waipahu LOL A little Hawaii humor courtesy of my lovely wife (I'm a haole myself) To the OP I would suggest a paintball gun, one shot for the dog, and one for the owner. That will teach them both the value of obedience training.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
whats worst is when you put a dog inside your car. man the honda fit's carpet is not vacuum friendly with dog hair.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member
Solution: all weather floormats =)

Old 05-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Run them over with the car they will eather Be dead or wayyyy to scared to go near it agin lol jk

Old 05-10-2010, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shaun954
Solution: all weather floormats =)
too late.. its already stuck on my carpet lol what do you do about the seats then?

Old 05-11-2010, 04:00 AM
Originally Posted by Vash
too late.. its already stuck on my carpet lol what do you do about the seats then?
wet microfiber takes everything off our seats

Old 05-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HONDAMATIC
my parents damn dogs keeps scratching me and my gfs cars and im about to drop them off far away if theres nothing i can do.. im kinda sure it may be chasing a mouse or something but thats something else for me to deal with altogether.. the cars and yard are in a common area, but what do you guys do??

Hide in the car and when they come nearby, hit an airhorn. It'll scare the stuffing out of them and they won't want to come near your car again.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
You can always pretend they're fire hydrants... then act accordingly [as they do] when spotting a fire hydrant!

Old 05-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by annunC8
You can always pretend they're fire hydrants... then act accordingly [as they do] when spotting a fire hydrant!
we got a small one and a big one, the big one jumps on cars and the small one pees on wheels.. if i see pee on my rim one more time im gonna R kelly him

Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
we got a small one and a big one, the big one jumps on cars and the small one pees on wheels.. if i see pee on my rim one more time im gonna R kelly him
Lol!

Seriously though, I don't think the ammonia from the urine is very good for a wheel's finish!

I used to have a problem with a neighbor's male cat urinating and spraying on one of our cars' wheels... every time I went to the car it smelled like a flippin' litter box that hadn't been changed for weeks, the tire started looking bleached where it had been sprayed, and the chrome wheel started getting this streaked greenish cast to it!

You know though, animals only do either what their owners teach them or allow them to do!

You may wanna' talk to the future, uh, "in-laws" before this gets out of control.

None of my business... I'm just sayin'...

Old 05-13-2010, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
There are many pet repellants, you can keep them away from your wheels. They only mark where they smell other animals' or their own spray or urine. It's a territorial message, i call it "pee-mail." It's impossible to prevent dogs or cats from doing this if they have free reign over that area of the property. It's just natural. If you try to train them out of what they need to do naturally, you may screw up their bodily functions.

The easiest way to solve the problem is for the owners to make the parking area off-limits to the dogs, AND maybe have the Fit owner scare the dogs with an air horn if they come near. Yeah, that may be a little cruel but it doesn't hurt them permanently.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by annunC8
Peeing on a dog is not going to help the situation.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
I was greeted this morning by a very angry wife that had been greeted by dog poop on the carpet.... I thoroughly cleaned it up and she is still ranting at me yet she was the one that brought home the low quality dog food.... I told her that his would happen.... The poor dog is traumatized by his actions and her reaction to what he did and I'm siding with the dog..... People that own dogs have a responsibility to establish a line of communication with them through obedience training, repetition and positive reinforcement.....

Old 05-13-2010, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
That's really not fair. The dog can't help it if he had to go...dogs don't like to "foul their nest" if they can help it. Yeah, "crap in a bag" can really mess up their bowel rhythm...I love to feed our dog raw meat, she loves it and her poops are really small and almost scentless. She gets cleaner teeth and is healthier because she's eating a dog's optimum diet. You might consider it for your dog. Usually feed once a day and then they only poop once a day at a time of your choosing (keeping in mind it takes a couple of hours for food to go through them). I never feed at night, almost always in the morning. Other people vary the time by hours so the dog doesn't learn to expect the food at any given time.

Dogs kind of go nuts when their pack leaders are really mad at them and they don't know why...How could the dog understand what he's done is wrong??? He just had to go.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how do you keep dogs away from your car