Recommendations for a Tint Shop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Recommendations for a Tint Shop?

With the summer heat coming, I am looking to have my windows tinted. I'm not really that knowledgeable on window tinting, but I have been doing some research on the different types and what not.

Does anyone have some recommendations for a quality tint shop in the Atlanta area? I want to go somewhere that will do a professional job with quality materials that will last.

I live in Macon and work in Warner Robins, but I'm not sure if I would trust any local tint shops to do a good job. So I was thinking I would just go up to ATL for a day and get it done. If anyone happens to know of a quality place in the middle GA area, I would also be willing to check them out.

TIA

Old 05-17-2011, 01:08 PM
No one has any recommendations for ATL area tint shops?

Old 05-18-2011, 08:29 AM
5 Year Member
I use a guy about 45 mins north of Atlanta. He's done about 15 of my personal cars and maybe another 15 of my friends and family.

SOLAR CONTROL GLASS TINTING - Auto, Residential, Commercial Professional Window Tinting

Old 05-18-2011, 09:53 AM
etf
5 Year Member
I used Oasis in Lawrenceville, GA. They were very professional, quick and really did a flawless job on both of our Fits.

Auto, Car, Truck, RV Window Tinting

Old 05-31-2011, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Call Atlanta Tint & Detail on Buford Hwy a mile or two north of I-285. They've been around since the '80's and have done several cars for me.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:09 PM
I ended up going with Custom Sun Control in Marietta. They received several recommendations and weren't to far out of my way. They use formula one tint which carries a nationwide lifetime warranty, good at any formula one authorized installer.

Went with 35% ceramic 9 windows and they did a really good job. Presented themselves very professionally in all my communications. The tint looks great, goes all the way to the edge of the glass. I can't see any part of the windows that isn't tinted.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Old 07-05-2011, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
Great to hear. Would love to see the car in person if you can make it out to Manhattan Pizza on Sunday.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EnragedGnome
I ended up going with Custom Sun Control in Marietta. They received several recommendations and weren't to far out of my way. They use formula one tint which carries a nationwide lifetime warranty, good at any formula one authorized installer.

Went with 35% ceramic 9 windows and they did a really good job. Presented themselves very professionally in all my communications. The tint looks great, goes all the way to the edge of the glass. I can't see any part of the windows that isn't tinted.

Thanks for the help everyone!
Can you tell us how much they charged?

Old 07-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by nuwde
Can you tell us how much they charged?
$390 + tax. Came out to about $415 OTD. The metallic-based tint was quoted at $350.

I can tell a big difference getting into my car after it's been baking in the sun all day. Instead of it being like sitting in a pizza oven, now it is just warm and the AC has no trouble cooling it off quickly.

@MarkyMark:
I'd love to come see what others have done with their Fits, but I'm helping a friend move this weekend so I won't be able to make it. Hopefully next time. I really want to see some Clazzios or Coverking seat covers in person to help me decide what I want.