BernardiParts.com Specializing in Honda Parts, Accessories and Maintenance Items.Ranked #2 Nationwide For Honda Parts & Honda Accessory Sales!
Lowest Prices - Guaranteed
No-Hassle Return Policy
In Business For Over 30 Years
40 Parts Professionals Ready To Assist You
Toll Free Line 800 924-1884
Honda EPC: Catalogue Revisions Monthly

Fit Splash Guards - I need your input!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jtsimaras
Although Rock chips ruin the car.
i'll stick with touch up paint but ive had my car for almost 2 years and have no rock chips where the mudguards would be so lucky me personally, i think they are ugly so that is why i would def not get them, but to each his own!

Old 04-05-2008, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
Mudguards came with the base fit I purchased last month, no charge, so that's why I haven't bought any. Since I've had them from the day I purchased the vehicle, I can't say if there is something better about them on the Fit. I can say mudguards made a big difference on our minivan - much less dirt and splatter on the sides of the vehicle with the mudguards.

On the Base Fit, I don't think they add or detract from the looks. It is an extra step to clean them since they have to be treated with some type of plastic or trim guard. Worth it though IMHO if it keeps a bunch of dirt off the sides of the vehicle. If I didn't have them already, I would purchase them based on the difference I see on my minivan. RG

Old 04-05-2008, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
If they had them for the Sport I would get 'em! Had them on my Civic and Accord!

Old 04-05-2008, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KoolMikeSki
If they had them for the Sport I would get 'em! Had them on my Civic and Accord!
I don't know who "they" are but all you have to do is visit any auto store and find ones that will fit. I got the Powerflow 41-8786-4 size C that will fit many cars.

It's so simple.

Splashguards and Automotive Accessories from RoadSport, a TS16949 Automotive Aftermarket Company

ProFit Splashguards from RoadSport, a Division of PowerFlow Manufacturer of Splash Guards for Trucks and Cars in Canada and the United States

Where to Buy RoadSport Splashguards, a Division of PowerFlow Manufacturer of Splash Guards for Trucks and Cars in Canada and the United States

Last edited by willmax11; 04-05-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
My LX Fit came with front and rear mud flaps when I went to pick it up from the dealer ... I did not ask for them or pay extra for them ... dealer told me that they install them on all their base Fits (it rains alot here)

Old 04-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Same here - if somebody makes splash guards for the Sport model (preferably black) I'd buy a set for sure.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ErikfromBernardi
Hey all,

We were just discussing this here at Honda Parts and Honda Accessories from Bernardi Parts yesterday and I thought about posing this question to you all...the driver's of the Fit.

Why does no one install splash guards on their Fits? I know they only work on the base model so that excludes all the Sport owners...but are there really that many more sports than bases?

We sell 6 - 10 times more splash guards for other models a month than we do for the Fit!

So whats the deal with these? Any and all input would be appreciated. They can't look that ugly can they

Thank you!

~ Erik Richards
BernardiParts.com

I'm new to the FIT and new to the Forum, so this older thread is also new to me. I had a hard time finding a base FIT. I thought they would be easy to find, but they aren't. Plenty of Sports, plenty of Sports with Nav.

Some dealerships didn't even have a base model. A fairly close dealership right now has 8 with VSA/Nav, 6 Sport, and one "call for trim". Of 15 cars, one MIGHT be a base model.

So, yes, I am looking at the mud flaps myself. I think they will look fine on my white 09. I'm also looking at the side molding.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Once I have the money I am buying them. I love the look of splash/mud guards.

Don't have money since I got the Fit yesterday.

Eventually will get visors too!

Old 03-08-2009, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
I, personally, didn't choose to put mud/splash guard on mine. It came with them...

That said, I probably would not have gotten them anyway because they do look, well, fugly, and they are way overpriced for what is, after all, a hunk of injection molded plastic. At the least, the splash guard should be flat on the leading edge instead of having that cupped area. They tend to accumulate rocks and dirt in the crevices.

Of the Fits that I've seen on the road (and I drive 450 miles a day at work), the majority have been Sport models. What really needs to happen is for someone to make splash guards for the Sport.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:49 PM
That is one thing that drives me bonkers about the Sport. When I was shopping Fits I looked at the base model and the salesman pointed out that the splash guards were standard. Then I decided on the Sport Blackberry Pearl, and drove it home, and noticed... NO SPLASH GUARDS. I went back and said to the guy "You told me the splash guards were standard." He says "Yeah, on the base, but they're not available for the Sport." I'm like, schwa?

Driving down the road in the rain, it's not the dirt on the side of the car that bothers me it's the water and crud on the rear window. I end up going through a lot of washer fluid mostly because of the rear. I would so buy splash guards for the Sport if I could. I'm even considering any after-market mudflaps, it's that annoying.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:05 PM
I have OEM splash guards on my 2009 base Fit. I have had splash guards on earlier cars and found that they help keep the sides of the car clean. I have looked into painting them in the past and was told by two body shops that the paint would just come off because the plastic has a grainy surface. With regular washing and some dressing, black looks just fine with white.

ACMierzeje
2009 Fit base
2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Old 08-13-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm sure black would look great with BBP too. )-:

Old 09-25-2009, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
I plan on getting a set, just waiting for a good deal.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Any pictures of them on your car?

Old 10-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Angry Dealer Dummy

I tried to get splash guards for my Fit Sport because I just now need to drive more on gravel and dirt roads. They ordered the parts and installed them, but didn't bother to tell me that the Sport doesn't have front guards, just rears. And they charged me full price as if they had done the job on a Fit and put on a full set of 4 guards! I caught it because there were no front splash guards when I was ready to leave the dealership (DUH). Only after the Service Manager got into the mix did I get any action concerning prices. Heck, if I had been told there were only rear guards, I would not have them. Now I'm stuck with a change to my Fit Sport that doesn't meet my needs and doesn't do much good to protect my car's appearance from rock dings and chips. SMART people, these dealer's! And Honda should be taken to task over not providing the same level of protection for the more costly version of the car.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
2010 Fit Sport - Splash Guards

This is good if you are in Ohio snow. With the sport body kit, it's a little tricky I understand but come on...snow or rust...you will help lots of folks selling them Bernardi!

Old 12-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Thumbs up Me too...

Originally Posted by J_L
I'd buy a set for the sport, black or painted.
Me too. I would love a set for my 09 sport.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Former Vendor
Has anyone else installed just the rear splash guards on a Fit Sport? Is that worth marketing?

Old 01-29-2010, 03:23 AM
I am interested

I would purchase them if they were available. Front splash guards would be nice too for the sport. I have always purchased a full set of mud guards for every vehicle I have owned. I was kind of dissapointed that the sport doesn't have a set available.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Former Vendor
Well we did some testing yesterday and there is a rear set available:

Honda Splash Guards - Rear (Fit, Fit Sport) - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

Quick Reply: Fit Splash Guards - I need your input!