Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
F--k the front plate. hahahaha

Old 06-02-2006, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RacerDre
F--k the front plate. hahahaha
ditto. F that front plate. sorry for using such harsh letters.

Old 06-02-2006, 10:51 PM
howcome, corvettes and other expensive cars getaway from haivng front plates?

Old 06-05-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by annie
I'm leaving it on, because I'm a weenie. Anyway, when I last washed my car, I looked closely at the front plate, and I don't THINK they screwed a hole in. The frame seems to be attached under the front bumper. I don't know how to explain it, but it's nice to know that should I ever feel cool enough to take the front off, it'll look okay.
Yeah, when I was waxing the Fit, I noticed the plate holder was attached the same way, the black plastic bracket seems to go under the front intake area of the front bumper. I could pull the bracket away from the bumper and see no screws into the front. I like that.

But yes, I left the plate holder there. Don't like to get FixIt Tickets. Those are a pain.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dancingsun
ezekielwhore, sorry for wrongly accusing you, I think I read somewhere that you were telling a guy to take off those front plates, and jumped into conclusions that you took it off yourself

I feel sheepish now....
I think he told me to take my plates off... but yeah i dont wanna get a ticket P.S. I'm afraid if u leave the holder on the car it will end up scratching the paint within a year... i dont know why i just have a "gut" feeling.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
i put my plate on finally. just the rear though. jasmine and i will take the risk.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by integradriv3r
I think he told me to take my plates off... but yeah i dont wanna get a ticket P.S. I'm afraid if u leave the holder on the car it will end up scratching the paint within a year... i dont know why i just have a "gut" feeling.
I think I'm going to put some foam or something in-between, that might work.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by annie
I'm leaving it on, because I'm a weenie. Anyway, when I last washed my car, I looked closely at the front plate, and I don't THINK they screwed a hole in. The frame seems to be attached under the front bumper. I don't know how to explain it, but it's nice to know that should I ever feel cool enough to take the front off, it'll look okay.

EXCEPT... I realized that the frame has left a line of scratches across the top edge. Pictures later, maybe. My car's affinity for scratches is depressing me.

alskdjfalskdfj. This sucks.
yeah scrathches suck balls... just today i found a damn ding on my driver side door... GEEEEZZZZZUSSSSSSSS!!!! i've only had the car for 2 damn weeks or so and i already have a ding. Anyone know if they make side moldings for this damn thing!!!

Old 07-10-2006, 03:01 AM
man i guess i am lucky that my front bumper doesnt have a hole, but i had to modify the front plate to set it lower. soon i will post a pic on what it looks like

Old 07-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
^ Exactly. Our dealer installed it CORRECTLY, which means the front plate holder is bolted on underneath the lip, leaving no holes in the bumper. Of course, I can't take it off because Oregon requires a front plate, but at least there aren't holes underneath.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
i know its not factory for that screw to be on there. fshwcrs, racerdre, and modestfit all dont have that hole.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:55 AM
I took my front plate like a month ago. Hahah, oh what a rebel.

But... when my custom plates come in, I'm putting both plates on.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member
what custom plates are you getting annie?

Old 08-13-2006, 01:05 AM
just get those licence plate relocator, and put it on the side
i think it looks better that way anyway :P
and no hole in the bumper
JDM! lol

Old 08-13-2006, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member
where do you get em?!

Old 08-13-2006, 02:53 AM
I'm going to keep my front plate on to save the drama. I guess when you have to drive in and out of a military base every day, they look at those things.

Oh, I used to care about not having a front plate, until I turbo'ed my Sentra. I don't want to give anyone an excuse to pull me over. It's a waste of time.

Old 08-13-2006, 04:25 AM
Originally Posted by whitefitsport
what custom plates are you getting annie?
It's a secret for now, until they come in.... which should be like this week!! c'monnnnnnnnn.....!

I'll post pictures when I get them.

Old 08-13-2006, 06:40 AM
5 Year Member
It's a new car for the US, so the excuse will be valid. If I ever get pulled over I'll be giving him some excuses.. "That's how I bought the car. And there isn't a place for me to mount the license plate." or I can say "The car was not shipped with the proper brackets, so the dealer is trying to order it directly from Japan. Because the car was just released in May, none of the dealers have any replacement parts for it. So I am just waiting for the dealer to call me."

If he decides to hand you a fix it ticket.. just say, "But I am at the mercy of the dealer. I cannot fix a part that is not readily available. How will I clear my ticket if the dealer doesn't come through with the part?"

I think any reasonable officer will understand. But they will probably notate your file and after 6 months if you ever get pulled over again, that excuse isn't going to work anymore . Oh and as for me, it's staying off. I've been pulled over in the past and just acted dumb and the officer just told me that it is required by law and there should be a bracket for it. "Wow, thanks for letting me know, officer. It never even crossed my mind..!"

Old 08-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by whitefitsport
where do you get em?!
You get them online at the DMV's website:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/online/elp/elp.htm

mine STILL aren't here. sigh.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
lol - I used to live in Ohio and always took my front plate frame off, just lucky I guess, never got ticketed - - Now I'm in sunny Florida, no front plates, yaahooo

Quick Reply: Front License Plate