Turbo Fit's

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 03:19 AM
Turbo Fit's

Like the title says, I just wanna know how many turbo'd Fit's are in So Cal. I have the HKS turbo kit and still contemplating on installing it or selling it, but just curious how many turbo'd fits are around in So Cal.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:56 AM
I guess out of the 48 views, no one has a turbo'd fit in so cal.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
well you could have made your thread title a little more descriptive...but anyways me

Old 05-11-2011, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
i drove fitnessjay's gd3 with the hks kit, when he still had it. the power was nice and it was just the right amount of power for dd, imo.

james (jamesbizzle) has the never released one-off greddy kit and ben from sd has an hks kit too but he's been trying to sell it since 2009 -- not sure if he ever sold/parted out. there are various other turbo'd socal fits that never post anymore or never signed up to begin with

Old 05-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon
i drove fitnessjay's gd3 with the hks kit, when he still had it. the power was nice and it was just the right amount of power for dd, imo.

james (jamesbizzle) has the never released one-off greddy kit and ben from sd has an hks kit too but he's been trying to sell it since 2009 -- not sure if he ever sold/parted out. there are various other turbo'd socal fits that never post anymore or never signed up to begin with

Oh ok.. So then I will be one of few to have a turbo'd fit in so cal. All my friends are saying, since u have the kit, just install it.. So I'm probably gonna install it this weekend. Thanks for the update on who has turbo'd Fits

Old 05-11-2011, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
nice! definitely use it if you've got it

i saw your post in the weekly 818 meet thread. sadly, it died out when people started parting out and selling their fits but i'm always down to meet up with new and familiar faces, i think there's still the wednesday meet at the northridge in-n-out. try and make it out to peter's bbq on the 21st, maybe we can gather the 818/310 fit owners and caravan to santa ana

Old 05-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Ya I'm down. Where in the 818 u stay at?

Old 05-11-2011, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
i have a greddy kit also but not in socal. but james was the proto type. not the only one.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GatorFit24
Ya I'm down. Where in the 818 u stay at?
i live in winnetka. i'll start a new thread to see who's down for the caravan
Originally Posted by Previc93
i have a greddy kit also but not in socal. but james was the proto type. not the only one.
oh, i never knew that. i was subscribed to their thread when it was still in its development stages and never saw a release date so i assumed they scrapped it when greddy/trust filed bankruptcy lol

Old 05-11-2011, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member

oh, i never knew that. i was subscribed to their thread when it was still in its development stages and never saw a release date so i assumed they scrapped it when greddy/trust filed bankruptcy lol
i got it in april last year. i love it cause i still have my fog lights. and the kit was completely bolt in. even the oil return went to a banjo fitting on the drain plug. i would recommend getting that changed to the pan and also getting a bov and injectors. but im happy with the kit.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Previc93
i got it in april last year. i love it cause i still have my fog lights. and the kit was completely bolt in. even the oil return went to a banjo fitting on the drain plug. i would recommend getting that changed to the pan and also getting a bov and injectors. but im happy with the kit.

Well I got a bov, but need injectors. I plan on doing the banjo bolt for now until I wanna turn up the boost and then I will tap into the oil pan.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:42 PM
i live in winnetka. i'll start a new thread to see who's down for the caravan

Oh u don't live that far. You should come out to our simi valley meets on tuesdays @ 830pm. There were about 25 cars last night. All different cars and the cops don't harass us.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by GatorFit24
Well I got a bov, but need injectors. I plan on doing the banjo bolt for now until I wanna turn up the boost and then I will tap into the oil pan.
It has nothing to do with boost. If you want your turbo and your engine to last you want to be able to evacuate the very hot oil from the even hotter center section of your turbo.

It would very much be worth your time to have a fitting welded to the pan, or get a bulkhead fitting. Either way it needs to enter the pan above the oil fill level.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
It has nothing to do with boost. If you want your turbo and your engine to last you want to be able to evacuate the very hot oil from the even hotter center section of your turbo.

It would very much be worth your time to have a fitting welded to the pan, or get a bulkhead fitting. Either way it needs to enter the pan above the oil fill level.

Thank you for your input. A couple of my friends have turbo'd cars and know their stuff. I will be fine for now with the banjo bolt and when I do get the fitting I will tap into the oil pan.