Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

Fall Dragon Run part duex...10/11-10/13

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Arrow Fall Dragon Run part duex...10/11-10/13

DRAGON PITT INN AND BBQ

This is where we will be staying:
Dragon Pitt Inn & BBQ

Call 865-253-3566 and speak with either Dennis or Jane (They are the couple that own the place).

Tell them you are with the group "Roger from Deetroit" the contour.org group. They will reserve a room for you. Make sure to clarify what dates you will be staying. Some of us will be staying the nights of 10/10/12 - 10/13/12 and some will be staying the nights of 10/11/12 - 10/13/12. Try to come out early. That extra day is lots of fun and the dragon is nearly empty since it's earlier in the week.

Cost: You have to put down a refundable deposit for one night at the regular rate. The total put down now is $74.21 ($64.95 + Tax). Once we all get there they will apply our group discount. We will receive 10% off if we reserve up to 6 rooms and 15% off if we reserve more than 6 rooms. Should you decide to cancel, you can call within 30 days of arrival date and receive your money back.

Occupancy: There are 10 rooms with two beds in them each. Some rooms have an additional futon that sleeps one. The owners have roll away beds they can add in the rooms, and all of the rooms are large enough to fit an additional air mattress. Long story short we can easily fit three people per room, so there is more than enough room for us all.

Group Meals: I will talk to the owners about providing group meals once I have a better idea of how many people are staying at Dragon Pitt Inn. They are willing to cater to us with group breakfast and dinner for whatever days we choose.

Once you have reserved your room, please add yourself to the list. Make sure to reserve your room with enough time to spare. I would hate for anyone to miss out in staying with the group because they waited too long to reserve a room. Also keep in mind that the more rooms we reserve, the cheaper it gets.

This is the post from Xceedspeed above and I'm sorry I waited so long with the new update for the run, things have been turned upside down the last couple monthes and this place is filling up VERY fast, so fast infact that it could be booked up pretty fast If this happens, the back up plan is another local place or even Caney Creek village.

If your looking to go, PLEASE call the number and reserve your room. You don't need to pre-pay, just give em' a credit card number to hold your room, please don't wait!!!

Now, this is the new thread, so please post questions, comments and banter in here We've got 120 more days to go!

Old 06-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Update!

Ok, I just spoke to the owner of the place and he said they're booked solid, there's a place next door to him that has 5 rooms and sleeps up to 10 people and he said to call him later to see if its available. If it is, well, we've got 6 people to go on in there, leaving 4 spots available.

The other route to go is for a bunch of us to stay in Tellico Plains (Caney Creek Village) This is the original place we've been staying at since 2003 (except one year) so that's another option.

I'd like to get solid input from those who are actually going, I'll set up things at Caney Creek but I need to know who's going for sure so I can call Dixie and set this up. I say people whom are actually going so I can find out what she's got available for us, then report back here and go from there. I feel this might have to be an option for us and if so, we might end up having a mix of cars staying with us anyways as some of the overflow from Xceedspeed might follow me back to Caney Creek.

So, if your looking to go for sure, please let me know in here so I can make some quick, on the fly plans and once I find out what's the deal here, we need to call Dixie quickly and make reservations, reservations that need NO money, just a commitment from yourself and as usual, you'd tell Dixie your with the group with "Roger from Deeetroit"

So, let's see who's all going first, ok

Old 06-13-2012, 08:41 AM
It looks like the place next door is available for the group, it sleeps 11 and we've got 6-8 people that are willing to go in there, so that leaves a couple spots open. Things got derailed a bit this year when a couple people decided they wanted to stay on the Dragon, so I begrudgingly went along with it. Caney Creek Village is still an option for those looking to go and can't get in with us at the Dragon Pit Inn. Next year, reservations will have to be made at the new place VERY EARLY, by all of us as we almost didn't get in ourselves, got very lucky.

This shouldn't detour anyone from going on the run, even if we're on the other side of the road, we can always meet up and hang out for sure and I'm here to help out anyways possible. Anyone who went on this run in the past knows its breath taking and should be experienced atleast once

www.xceedspeed.com is where a large chunk of the group BS' about the run.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Lightbulb

The place next door was booked up in less than 24 hrs, which I'm glad about because I had to use my CC to hold it, so "plan C" is in effect for the balance of the people going on this run this year and that is here Caney Creek Village in Tellico Plains, Tennessee This is the place we've stayed at every year for the past 9 except one year, the 2nd year I went and that was because I waited too long to book it up and they had their "Gold Rush" thing that weekend. The owner, Dixie, is very nice and the prices are very good, options for all budgets too. The location is only 3.5 miles from the beginning of the Skyway, that's a huge plus IMO. Everything you need is right in town, easy to find what you need, even if its your first time there you'll see what I mean.

Even though a large portion of the group are staying a bit away doesn't mean you guys and the balance of the group arent' a part of the run, just for this year its gotta be this way, next year things will different as we'll set things up even earlier, it just happened this way due to the change in location on the fly this year. The showing from FF last year was VERY impressive and I really hope everyone from last year shows up once again, you've gotta a place to stay and I'm here to help in any way I can.

In closing, to stay in contact with the entire group, come over here XceedSpeed

For you noobs to our run, the info in the other thread is a good place to start to get a feel for how things run out there, or you can PM anytime and I'll get back with you asap or you can post on xceedspeed as well.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Still planning on coming, hopefully stealing a couch from someone...

Old 06-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
Still planning on coming, hopefully stealing a couch from someone...
Are you planning on staying only one night then? We really missed out there, in our short time at dinner I got the impression that your a hell of a guy and everyone else needs to meet you I'm going to find out from the owner of the Dragon Pit Inn if we can have someone crash on the floor. With this being a new spot for us to stay I don't wanna "ruffle any feathers" so I'll get back with you on that one. If need be, you can stay at Caney Creek one night as well. I'm waiting to see if the people who came last year are going to be staying at Caney Creek this year. I can promise you this, next year we'll all be together but things have to be finalized sooner, alot sooner as this new place is right on the Dragon (10 miles away from the clearing) so getting all the rooms booked early is MUST DO! For now, Caney Creek is plan C for the balance of the people going and like I said, I'll make sure everyone gets in there and your not feeling disconnected from the rest of the run, we'll make this work but for those of you looking to go, you need to book your room here Caney Creek Village in Tellico Plains, Tennessee and ask for Dixie. There's enough people who went last year that know the place and know how easy it is to get there too, no problem there and getting to the Dragon via the Cherahola Skyway is also very easy, so meeting up with the group is always easy, just gotta get the time down. With a group of our size meeting at the gas station in Robinsville (where the Skyway and Dragon meet, kinda) is really not an option, we'd flood that lot and piss off the people trying to get in there but we'll figure it out. FF is a part of this run as long you guys wanna show up

Old 06-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Banned
5 Year Member
I'm interested in this

Old 06-28-2012, 08:21 AM
^^ Thanks for your interest for sure! ^^

I'm sure as soon as soon as they can our resident "couple" of Fits from FLA will chime in here and we'll get things going asap. These runs work best when things are set up inadvance and this year is no exception but with us changing our location this year and trying to get everyone to book their rooms early got us in a little trouble as the new location got booked up by a bike group rather quickly, so we've had to go to plan B and in the case of FF, plan C.

HondaFrk, just wanted to let you know, as well as anyone else flying solo that you can crash in one of the rooms with us at the Dragon Pit Inn for $10.00 a night if you wanna go that route instead of staying with the balance of the group in Tellico Plains. Don't worry everyone, even if the balance of the group stays in Tellico we'll all meet up and hang out, trust me but I should tell you this, as of today, we've got 17 cars right now and there's another "side group" from the Contour site that's setting up an alternate location somewhere nearby us, so I'm going to wait and see what that total is but surely this run is nearing our most ever which was 26 cars total for the run, crazy!

Old 06-29-2012, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
HondaFrk, just wanted to let you know, as well as anyone else flying solo that you can crash in one of the rooms with us at the Dragon Pit Inn for $10.00 a night if you wanna go that route instead of staying with the balance of the group in Tellico Plains.
Winnar winnar chicken dinnar

Old 07-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Not sure which floor you'll be on Hondafrk, but you've got a couple planks with your name on it Everyone else, Caney Creek is still available and I just posted on the CR-Z site about the run and told them about Caney Creek as well, so you should have company if you decide to do the run and stay at Caney Creek.

92 more days!

Old 07-11-2012, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
Not sure which floor you'll be on Hondafrk, but you've got a couple planks with your name on it
Don't care where I am long as I have somewhere to sleep & wash my ass

Old 07-11-2012, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Doh! Won't be able to make this one as much as I want to. >.<

About to start at a new job (again, ha) and will be working those days. Even if I could get one day off, it'll be one heck of a drive there and back. NEXT YEAR I'm game for sure, I'm using vacation time then. lol

Old 07-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Sorry Hootie but its ok, the road isn't going anywhere

HondaFrk, you've got a place but you'll need to bring your own towels for sure, I don't think there's going to be extra's in there for some reason. It also seems as we've got other people looking to crash on the floor and as of right now, it looks like its going to be ok to do, just the $10.00 a night per person. I need to call and find out about the layout of the place we're staying at to get a better idea of what we've gotten ourselves into

Just to let you know, the other guys in the group whom are staying in the main place are already calling our place the "sausage cabin"

Its 80 days to go!

Old 07-24-2012, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member
It looks like the wife and I aren't going to make it this year, I guess next year we'll go up.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by swflej1
It looks like the wife and I aren't going to make it this year, I guess next year we'll go up.
Sorry to hear about this Matt but I understand per your txts a while ago, hope all goes well with that and stay in touch when you can

Everyone else, its 77 more days to go, get those Fits in shape and ready to go.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks man I'll keep in touch, hope you have great and save trip. But if I hit the Lotto you will see me lol

76 More days guys !

Old 07-27-2012, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
I won't be in the Fit now, totaled it Friday the 13th, have a Saabaru now

Old 08-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Exclamation

I won't be in the Fit now, totaled it Friday the 13th, have a Saabaru now
Are you alright?

Old 08-01-2012, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah I'm fine, left shoulder was sore for a while, Fit done its job though

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ecked-fit.html

Old 08-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Yeah I'm fine, left shoulder was sore for a while, Fit done its job though

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ecked-fit.html
Ok, that's good to hear other than the shoulder. Now, are you for sure making it out with us as far as sleeping on the floor? If so, please post your first name and car here so I can add you to our master list on xceedspeed, thanks How about some pics of your new ride

Quick Reply: Fall Dragon Run part duex...10/11-10/13