Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

breaking into high 15 sec 1/4 mile with 09 Fit, in theory

Old 09-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Oh that's cool! I totally forgot SEMA is right around the corner. I wish I could go I haven't been in years

It will be interesting what comes of this.

Then again didn't they try something similar with the Scion iQ a while back?

I guess the Fit is a little easier for JQ Public to swallow though lol

Old 09-03-2014, 09:30 PM
I ran a 16.3 before I was able to finish my exhaust and get lighter wheels.

Fast forward now, I am soon getting 205/50s to repalce my 205/60s, I expect to have my NST lightweight pulley installed soon, and will get a chance to see what my current intake setup will do.

I am expecting a 16.2, since I am currently at a higher elevation then when I was in texas, and the "short" gearing that the new shorter tires will provide. The velocity intake will most certainly help.

If I was back in texas, I bet I would be able to run a 16.1 or 16.15.

APEXI controller that DE36 uses might get me into the high 15s up here in wisconsin. We will see.

Anyone from the midwest area, feel free to chime in on good quarter mile strips in the minnesota, wisconsin, iowa, and illinois areas

Old 09-03-2014, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 13fit
I ran a 16.3 before I was able to finish my exhaust and get lighter wheels.

Fast forward now, I am soon getting 205/50s to repalce my 205/60s, I expect to have my NST lightweight pulley installed soon, and will get a chance to see what my current intake setup will do.

I am expecting a 16.2, since I am currently at a higher elevation then when I was in texas, and the "short" gearing that the new shorter tires will provide. The velocity intake will most certainly help.

If I was back in texas, I bet I would be able to run a 16.1 or 16.15.

APEXI controller that DE36 uses might get me into the high 15s up here in wisconsin. We will see.

Anyone from the midwest area, feel free to chime in on good quarter mile strips in the minnesota, wisconsin, iowa, and illinois areas

I'm really looking forward to your results. I was just talking to a local Tuner earlier today (First State Motorsports) about an Apexi controller for the 2015 Fit and the shop owner could not find any pinouts or anything to help with the installation. I really want to lean out the air/fuel ratio since the OBD2 ECU is telling me it is running rich (12.0:1). Sometimes it is 10.0:1 when you start getting past 75mph at wide open throttle. Trying to figure out what's going on with this in another thread.

13Fit....I'll be joining you in this quest. Fun stuff!

Old 09-03-2014, 10:29 PM
I still have not run a baseline drag here in wisconsin. My guess are just that, guess.

I know I will be under 16.6, but until I actually do a run up north here, its all speculation.

Its fun trying though! A couple other fit owners up here see my mediocre konig rims and HIDs and assume Im a stock ricer, and think their K&N intake is worth its weight in gold. Its kinda sad when my car, while bolted up a bit, is still fairly slow, yet destroys their stock +intake fit lol

Old 09-04-2014, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
Since we're talking N/A power, does anybody make a cam for the GE anymore?

Bisimoto seems to have discontinued their cam, JUN is a regrind service only, and the only other one I could dig up was Cat Cams in the UK. They list part numbers (2503201 & 2503202), but none of their dealers actually have those part numbers in stock. I can't even get a price, but around 2-400 quid for most kits from most dealers. I couldn't imagine the price after shipping...

Old 09-04-2014, 09:57 PM
bisimoto sold re-priced web camshafts. usually double priced.

I would email colt cams if they are still around. their tri-flow cam profiles work amazing in the old D and B series motors

Old 09-05-2014, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
I forgot about Colt! They used to be the cam of choice for ecotecs back in the day before CompCams started making off the shelf cam kits. I imagine I'd have to get a core first, so I'd have to get ahold of a spare cam. I wonder what the limit of the stock valvetrain is, though?

Old 09-05-2014, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
bisimoto sold re-priced web camshafts. usually double priced.

I would email colt cams if they are still around. their tri-flow cam profiles work amazing in the old D and B series motors
Interesting! Colt Cams appear to still be around. Looking at their cam profiles show they have cams for older model Hondas though. This does not mean they do not have anything now. A simple phone call or email may resolve that.

I have a lot to learn about Hondas and who makes what for them.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Interesting! Colt Cams appear to still be around. Looking at their cam profiles show they have cams for older model Hondas though. This does not mean they do not have anything now. A simple phone call or email may resolve that.

I have a lot to learn about Hondas and who makes what for them.
tri-flow cams used to be the biggest thing to do in budget D and B builds. Generally were regarded as best performance for the dollar since you generally spent less then $200 sending your cams in and getting them back with a better profile

But keep in mind, nearly all the B series were capable of spinning higher revs then our L15s

Old 09-06-2014, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
tri-flow cams used to be the biggest thing to do in budget D and B builds. Generally were regarded as best performance for the dollar since you generally spent less then $200 sending your cams in and getting them back with a better profile

But keep in mind, nearly all the B series were capable of spinning higher revs then our L15s
I just called these guys and left a message. Will see what they come up with.

In the meantime, I'm going to shoot for 15's this Tuesday at Atco Raceway and Wednesday at Cecil County Dragway. A cold front is coming in so temps should be mild on Tuesday (68F - 73F) instead of the 80's and 90's I've been seeing recently. I did get an aftermarket muffler installed and I'm testing a small intake mod as well. I'll be running on fumes, with a lightweight battery, rear seats removed and the jack removed. I'll also be testing my 'two stepping' the CVT tranmission to increase acceleration. I hope I can see this in my 60ft times as well as the 1/4 mile times. Using the Android Torque Pro has been showing some positive results.

If there is anyone in New Jersey, please come out and play. It's all in good fun.

Let's Go!

Old 09-08-2014, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1262212

Bisimoto mentioned cam & valvetrain on this other thread, so I asked. Here is his response.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
13fit, if you do make it back to the WI area and want to hit up the drags, I'd definitely meet up. route66 i always the one I went to, there's definitely other decent strips in the area.

curious to hear feedback on pulleys. unorthodox list two part numbers and lists them both as stock diameter, but different gains. anyone know the actual difference between the two? (I was really impressed with their parts in the past, would definitely throw them on the fit). who else makes them?

I would never trust CAT cams for part availability, I'm not the only one who chased them for like 7 years for something they supposedly offered. I'm sure you can find something that's not overseas.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:13 AM
Im in Lacrosse. Still looking for good dragstrips besides the crappy west salem one.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bensenvill
I would never trust CAT cams for part availability, I'm not the only one who chased them for like 7 years for something they supposedly offered. I'm sure you can find something that's not overseas.
That's disappointing. OTOH, Bisimoto mentioned in their turbo GK thread that they do indeed still carry cam & valvetrain parts for the GE (as linked above), but they've had their web site revamped and not all parts are listed as of yet. I'm thinking of talking to them once I celebrate my last payment to Honda.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:07 AM
unless you can tune, there is no reason to get those parts.

Id hold out for Flashpro, it will definitely be worth its weight in gold!

Old 09-10-2014, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
I'm not so sure about that. You don't get quite the same benefit as with a tune, but you can't say the ECU can magically counteract physics. If you can pump more air and more fuel through the system, output WILL increase.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by spryter
I'm not so sure about that. You don't get quite the same benefit as with a tune, but you can't say the ECU can magically counteract physics. If you can pump more air and more fuel through the system, output WILL increase.

doing a cam and valvetrain support wont do anything on a stock ecu tune.

The most it will do is send the ecu into limp mode once its exhausted its fuel trims

You could do a very minor camshaft upgrade, but without tuning its like you were driving around with 500 pounds in the back, and now its gone. The car feels better, but it isnt a big change

Old 09-10-2014, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
Guys.....I'm just on the verge of breaking into the 15's. See my sig!

Feels good to do this in an automatic. A CVT automatic at that!

Old 09-11-2014, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Guys.....I'm just on the verge of breaking into the 15's. See my sig!

Feels good to do this in an automatic. A CVT automatic at that!

You have more ponies and fun torque bits

Swap in a 6speed once the car is paid off!

Old 09-11-2014, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
I bet a GK could get away with a 2.25 or 2.5" exhaust over the 2" you have. Any more weight you can ditch? There really isn't a whole lot out there for GKs yet...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: breaking into high 15 sec 1/4 mile with 09 Fit, in theory