Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

P2R B-Spec Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
P2R B-Spec Honda Fit

So we decided to get a head start on setting up a car for the new B-Spec race class. We picked up a 2010 HondaFit 5 speed Base Model. Here are two pictures of the car.

Name:  P2R_Fit.jpg
Views: 1030
Size:  48.7 KB

Name:  FrontInterior.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  49.3 KB

Here is the baseline dyno of the car. Since there are no rulebooks out for the car. We are going to leave the engine completely stock until we find out some more information. We did 3 pulls, but all of them came up with the exact same HP & TQ numbers. These pulls were done in 3rd gear.

Name:  P2RhondaFit.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  44.4 KB

Old 05-09-2011, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
Roll Cage is in. HEre are 2 pictures of how the cage came out

Name:  SAM_0621.jpg
Views: 2632
Size:  73.7 KB

Name:  SAM_0618.jpg
Views: 1834
Size:  46.0 KB

We are trying to get the car ready to race in the FARA @ Homestead Miami Speedway on June 4, 2011. In case any of you are interested in coming out and seeing us race the car. Here is a flyer that if you print out, admission is only $10.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:55 AM
So jealous.....

Old 05-10-2011, 06:06 AM
etf
5 Year Member
B-Spec is conceived to be a low budget racing class. (If there ever was such a thing.) In view of that concept, there has been some serious discussion about mandating bolt-in roll cages. There has also been serious discussion about limiting tire size to 185/50-15s. Between the bolt-in cage and the skinny tires, there would be no advantage to someone using extravagant (relevant) suspension upgrades. Thus, keeping the costs down and rewarding driving skill. Isn't that the way it should be?

Old 05-10-2011, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
B Spec itself is not a race series, its actually a race class that will be incorporated into different race series. So safety equipment is actually based on which series you are trying to race the car in. About the suspension, If you plan to race and receive the Honda contingency pay outs, you will need to run the Honda Racing Suspension which will shortly be released. They are actually going to offer a complete race package. I will post up some more details on our car later today.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:23 AM
etf
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PowerRevRacing
B Spec itself is not a race series, its actually a race class that will be incorporated into different race series. So safety equipment is actually based on which series you are trying to race the car in. About the suspension, If you plan to race and receive the Honda contingency pay outs, you will need to run the Honda Racing Suspension which will shortly be released. They are actually going to offer a complete race package. I will post up some more details on our car later today.
I agree that B-Spec is to be a classification. Hopefully, the B-Spec class will have eligibility in Grand-Am, SCCA & NASA with the same specs for all. I think that the initial class specs will be forthcoming within a year. It should be interesting to see what's allowed for each marque that's included in the class. So far, I think it's the Fit, Mazda 2, Fiesta, Versa and Chevy Sonic.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
nice car! got a few questions

1. where the rear cage legs meet, why did you guys choose on top of the spring perch? I know that is where all the work is done but i would like to hear your reasoning. J's racing also did this.

2. Are you competing B spec in that event you posted? If so, isnt the cage sitting to low? I read somewhere that it has to extend all the way to the roof lining. Im sure you did it for less top heavy weight but I thought this was against scca or nasa regs.

3. Why did you guys not go behind the dash with the A pillar legs?

Not starting a fight, just wondering for personal interest. Thanks!

Last edited by JCrimson; 05-10-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
The cage goes all the way up to the roof lining. You can hardly fit a credit card between the roll cage and the roof. Maybe its the picture that makes it seem lower than that.

We connect to the spring perch because its normally ideal to connect the cage to the suspension points. Plus the flooring is pretty solid there , so the roll cage point is pretty strong right there.

The event we are racing is just for testing purposes, its not B spec. We actually will be racing in a class called MP4B, which is for cars up to 1.6 liters.

Last but not least, we didn't go any further back into the dash board because of the way the floor is shaped. The flooring on the Fit is really unusual. I guess for one since the gas tank is below the front seats, the floor ramps up right there, and then with the dash board, the floor ramps up very early as well, so if you try to go any further back with the roll cage, you will be on a weird angle.

Honda Racing Fit roll cage is pretty similar to this as well. Here are 2 pictures of there cage.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
I was just wondering. I managed to have my front A pillar legs go behind the dash and welded to the front fender well. the front legs are also welded completely to the A pillar.

hard to see here cause the pic was not for the cage but you can see a little

Maybe the 2nd gen fit is a little different <_>

Old 05-10-2011, 05:54 PM
This thread gives me a chubby.....

Old 05-10-2011, 06:55 PM
subscribed

Old 05-10-2011, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tauwolf
This thread gives me a chubby.....
This.

Subscribed.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
JCrimson your cage looks good; however, looking at the pictures, the 1g and 2g fit are quite different.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
JCrimson your cage looks good; however, looking at the pictures, the 1g and 2g fit are quite different.
yeah and I don't see the 1st gen fit listed as a B Spec car only 2nd gen. Wtf?

Old 05-11-2011, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
yeah and I don't see the 1st gen fit listed as a B Spec car only 2nd gen. Wtf?
I was also more than bummed by this.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Funkster
I was also more than bummed by this.
Its cause it wouldn't be fair and the GD3 would be like CHEAT CODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

"dang man! I didn't know your GD3 came with a game genie."

Old 05-12-2011, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
Its cause it wouldn't be fair and the GD3 would be like CHEAT CODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

"dang man! I didn't know your GD3 came with a game genie."
Oh man. The Game Genie brings me back.

Made Zelda on NES a lot easier.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Unfortunately older body styles don't do much for the manufacturer in terms of advertising. So they only want the new shape in the series.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
Unfortunately older body styles don't do much for the manufacturer in terms of advertising. So they only want the new shape in the series.
Ya, that makes sense. Guess I will have to stick to my small time events. Regardless, looking forward to seeing a great build and products from you guys!

Old 05-12-2011, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to go so far off topic. I get rather thrilled when I see race fit. anyways, subscribed and I will be your forum cheerleader! P2R for the WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: P2R B-Spec Honda Fit