Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

April 3 2015 Fast Furious 7 meet... So Cal

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 05:58 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
April 3 2015 Fast Furious 7 meet... So Cal

So this one is a little bit away but i know that a huge amount of people will be attending this movie at midnight so i thought it would be pretty rad if i could get some buzz going. Maybe we can do this with a few other forums...Ill hit up honda etc and also talk to other friends to see if we can get something viral going on....
so heres what i would love to see to honor paul walkers memory.
The parking lot of a theater totally full of cars and people who love them at a meet at around 8pm and then we can all mob into the theater together at midnight. the problem is where are we going to do this? The obvious choice for me is Ontario Mills cuz the parking lot is absolutely huge BUT the ontario police LOVE to shut down meets so I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas or maybe i can talk to the theater management and see if they would be okay with it and give permission as well as maybe even getting some sponsors out and making an event of it... Any thoughts? Anyone down to go?
1.s0x

Old 01-03-2015, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
It is a great idea but here is the obvious major flaw.

A large quantity of modified cars all together unsupervised for 2 hours, is a perfect opportunity for a thief to take as much as he pleases. Especially posting this online with multiple forums is practically sending an invitation to thieves.

Imagine coming back from the movie and your wheels are gone and your car on cinderblocks or you come back and your front lip is ripped off, or your carbon fiber spoiler is gone etc.

I would love to do this, but in this day and age it is asking for trouble. It sucks that scum like that exist, but to them its a perfect opportunity.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:47 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
It is a great idea but here is the obvious major flaw.

A large quantity of modified cars all together unsupervised for 2 hours, is a perfect opportunity for a thief to take as much as he pleases. Especially posting this online with multiple forums is practically sending an invitation to thieves.

Imagine coming back from the movie and your wheels are gone and your car on cinderblocks or you come back and your front lip is ripped off, or your carbon fiber spoiler is gone etc.

I would love to do this, but in this day and age it is asking for trouble. It sucks that scum like that exist, but to them its a perfect opportunity.
malls have parking lot security guards who constantly circle. I'm pretty sure they are gonna notice if someone is trying to steal your wing ;/ just saying lol

Old 01-03-2015, 08:39 PM
Administrator
Last time we tried this for a F&F movie the cops came and kicked us all out and handed tickets

I appreciate the enthusiasm but this movie series just brings out the wrong type of people so I will have to pass

Old 01-04-2015, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s0x
malls have parking lot security guards who constantly circle. I'm pretty sure they are gonna notice if someone is trying to steal your wing ;/ just saying lol
It's just not a risk I am willing to take. It's too much faith in a minimum wage rent-a-cop.

I like the idea of a meet up, just not leaving the cars unattended.

Old 01-04-2015, 04:47 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr.Hollow
It's just not a risk I am willing to take. It's too much faith in a minimum wage rent-a-cop.

I like the idea of a meet up, just not leaving the cars unattended.
haha okay so i have a 15 passenger e350 meet up at my place and we can all mob no tickets!!!

Old 01-04-2015, 04:48 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Waiz
Last time we tried this for a F&F movie the cops came and kicked us all out and handed tickets
What kind of violations did you guys get?

Old 01-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by doctordoom
What kind of violations did you guys get?
Mind you this was a long time ago but no front plate tickets, and several even got ref tickets

Old 04-03-2015, 07:28 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Success!

So I went to the midnight showing of FF7 and there was (no exaggeration) no less than 50 s2k, civics, tegs, evos, frs, 240/300/370's, supras, M series bmw and even a few gt-R and even an i8 supercar. Not one ticket was handed out. Not one car pulled over. I actually didn't see a single officer. Times have changed. Do we still get messed with. From time to time but the days of neon under lights and rediculous systems are gone for the most part. Great experience. I felt like I was at HIN lol.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by s0x
So I went to the midnight showing of FF7 and there was (no exaggeration) no less than 50 s2k, civics, tegs, evos, frs, 240/300/370's, supras, M series bmw and even a few gt-R and even an i8 supercar. Not one ticket was handed out. Not one car pulled over. I actually didn't see a single officer. Times have changed. Do we still get messed with. From time to time but the days of neon under lights and rediculous systems are gone for the most part. Great experience. I felt like I was at HIN lol.

Pics or it didn't happen!

Old 04-03-2015, 03:20 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wslakersfan
Pics or it didn't happen!
check your text messages lol...to be fair i saw it in arcadia and the import scene around here is HUGE

Old 04-05-2015, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
So how was the movie? I've read a couple of people that stated it was better than they thought. They said it was long (over 2hrs) but they didn't notice the time pass because a lot was happening in the movie.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:03 AM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
So how was the movie? I've read a couple of people that stated it was better than they thought. They said it was long (over 2hrs) but they didn't notice the time pass because a lot was happening in the movie.
just saw this. it was rad.. cheesy as always but its fun.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s0x
just saw this. it was rad.. cheesy as always but its fun.
I took the wife and my son to see it last night. It had a LOT of action throughout the movie. I was pleasantly surprised. They had a few ridiculous seens. Acutally, the whole movie was ridiculous in the things they were doing. Which made me like it that much more. They just really exaggerated a lot of things. And the action was mostly constant.

I'll be watching it again when it's out of the movie theaters.