Conversation Between MEATBABY and maticus74
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. MEATBABY
    10-26-2012 05:54 PM - permalink
    Wow sorry I didn't see this earlier. Apparently I don't get email notifications for "visitor messages." I know what you're asking and it's really pretty simple. I used this Spectre MAF adapter kit - Aluminum Tube 3" O.D. MAF Adapter Kit. Only the smallest insert that comes with it is 2 1/4", and our MAF sensors require a 2 1/8" inside diameter tube. That 1/8" is enough to throw the the CEL. So what I did was cut out the tubing from the stock airbox, the part where the sensor actually sits and inserts through, and put it inside the aluminum Spectre tube. You just have to do it bit by bit to get the right fit. If you cut it just small enough it will fit snug in the aluminum tube and you don't need any adhesive or anything. Plus once the sensor is in it goes through the aluminum tube and the plastic, so it also will hold it all in place as well. I should've done a DIY with pics, but oh well.
  2. maticus74
    10-19-2012 04:24 PM - permalink
    Hey I seen that you made kc's intake that he is selling. I was curious how you made one that didnt throw a code? I'm trying to buy it from him along with the springs but he doesnt seem to be responding.