General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit always a winner

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
Fit always a winner

One of the top 10 non-hybrids:

Top 10 Efficient Non-Hybrids: The New Renaissance : Automotive Information

Fit named Motor Week Drivers' Choice Car of the Year:

.: MotorWeek Awards Honda Fit 2007 Drivers' Choice 'Best of the Year' - Honda :. Auto Spectator

Entry level vehicle big with consumers (if they can find a Fit!)

nwi.com

My car pooler wants to know if the Fit is so popular and winning so many awards, why are there so few on the roads? He asked me when I got my Fit (April 2006) and he can't understand why, after all this time, they aren't all over the roads, like the Civic and the Camry. Did Honda really blow it, or are they gearing up for 2008? And since they're talking about changing the design, do those of us with a 2007 model have a collectors' car?

Old 02-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by FondaFit
My car pooler wants to know if the Fit is so popular and winning so many awards, why are there so few on the roads? He asked me when I got my Fit (April 2006) and he can't understand why, after all this time, they aren't all over the roads, like the Civic and the Camry. Did Honda really blow it, or are they gearing up for 2008? And since they're talking about changing the design, do those of us with a 2007 model have a collectors' car?
I'm confused about this. Did you give him the answer? The answer is its built and shipped from japan, which have smaller/fewer factories than the US does. Fewer plants failed to supply so big a population.

glad got fit got best overall, although i wonder if the fit is that great...I love it a LOT, and I think i can't have more fun with any other cars than I am now, but cars aren't judged by how fun they are. The fit is a great car, but iono..."the best"? I think so, but only cuz I am biased to small eco-friendly econoboxes.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
I know production is limited, but you'd think that after the success of the Jazz, Honda would have thrown a bit more weight behind the Fit, especially with Toyota, Nissan and Kia breathing down their necks. The Civic went up in price and size, and they had a major niche to fill.

Anyway, more on the PBS MotorWeek Drivers' Choice awards. A special started airing on PBS on Feb. 10 and on SPEED Feb. 12 SPEED's site says they'll be airing the program at 10 AM on Fri. 2/16 and on Sat. Feb. 17 at 7 AM and 8:30 AM. Here's the article on MotorWeek website:
MotorWeek: Road Test

Old 04-06-2007, 02:58 AM
My guess is that Honda is testing the market for B-size cars and also, if you can sell a Civic for twice as much as a Fit, guess what. Your car pooler also makes the comon error that volume equals success, while history has shown us that many of the best designs in history were never built.