Fit FREAK.net

Go Back   Unofficial Honda FIT Forums > Fit Trix > Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Welcome to Fit Freak!
Welcome to Fit Freak,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2007, 05:34 PM

igeek is on a distinguished road
Windows Fogging and Frosting Up

Has anyone else had issues with the windows fogging up and actually frosting over in cold weather?

I am from Minnesota and its been really cold here lately and I can never get my front and rear windows to defrost all the way.. I have to point the heater vents on the front windows just so they wont frost over on the inside..the back windows never come unfrosted at all..

Is there anything i can clean the inside of my windows with?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Registered users do not see this ad.
Click here to register for free!
Old 02-10-2007, 07:09 PM

kgustaf is on a distinguished road
First off, be sure you have it set to outside air rather than recirculating air. It makes all the difference in the world, even if you have the heater shut to off.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member

kkim relies on Rep Points to livekkim relies on Rep Points to livekkim relies on Rep Points to livekkim relies on Rep Points to livekkim relies on Rep Points to livekkim relies on Rep Points to livekkim relies on Rep Points to livekkim relies on Rep Points to livekkim relies on Rep Points to livekkim relies on Rep Points to livekkim relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 2,173, Level: 28 Points: 2,173, Level: 28 Points: 2,173, Level: 28
Level up: 16%, 127 Points needed
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Daily Activity: 1.3%
Daily Activity: 1.3% Daily Activity: 1.3% Daily Activity: 1.3%
Have you tried turning the a/c on and the heat all the way up?

The a/c will take out moisture in the air that is causing the fogging.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member

big Fit relies on Rep Points to livebig Fit relies on Rep Points to livebig Fit relies on Rep Points to livebig Fit relies on Rep Points to livebig Fit relies on Rep Points to livebig Fit relies on Rep Points to livebig Fit relies on Rep Points to livebig Fit relies on Rep Points to livebig Fit relies on Rep Points to livebig Fit relies on Rep Points to livebig Fit relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 2,194, Level: 28 Points: 2,194, Level: 28 Points: 2,194, Level: 28
Level up: 30%, 106 Points needed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Daily Activity: 1.1%
Daily Activity: 1.1% Daily Activity: 1.1% Daily Activity: 1.1%
I hope this helps

The best thing you can do for the inside window is to clean it with a window cleaner and squeege wipe it. Mosture will only be on the glass if it has a partical to cling to.. You know dust dirt that kind of stuff.
After you have done that and if it does not satisfy you try to apply anti fog products. I think rain x makes some. I have never tried the rain x.
Another thing that may help and is more economical: I do know that if after you clean the glass as stated above you could get a towel and wet it then rub in some soap such as ivory. Take that rag and wipe the inside of the window with it. Buff it dry with a dry cloth until it looks acceptable. work with that until you perfect it. I think you will understand as you go. I actually have wanted to try this for my rear view mirror....
I really think that the squeege clean glass may do the job. good luck

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...portfit019.jpg
Taffeta What?/AT Sport Honda Fit. Best MPG 38 Well OK ! not bad.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:48 PM

ynot984 is on a distinguished road
Points: 341, Level: 6 Points: 341, Level: 6 Points: 341, Level: 6
Level up: 82%, 9 Points needed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Daily Activity: 2.1%
Daily Activity: 2.1% Daily Activity: 2.1% Daily Activity: 2.1%
If you leave the windows slightly cracked open especially when the car is sitting in the sun, it will eventually go away. I am in the Upper Peninsula and had the same issues. Being that the snow comes inside off my shoes and I only drive a few miles at a time, the frost accumulated quickly.

I recommend just leaving the windows cracked and eventually they will defrost. Just because it is cold outside doesn't mean evaporation will stop (it just goes really slow). Keeping the windows clean will allow the frost to form in a uniform film opposed to spots or lines where you tired to scrape it off. Another reason why you can tell your friends or kids to not touch the windows.

Good Luck,
~Tony
Old 02-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member

gimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to livegimme relies on Rep Points to live
Points: 8,768, Level: 63 Points: 8,768, Level: 63 Points: 8,768, Level: 63
Level up: 6%, 282 Points needed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Daily Activity: 3.3%
Daily Activity: 3.3% Daily Activity: 3.3% Daily Activity: 3.3%
Send a message via AIM to gimme
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Have you tried turning the a/c on and the heat all the way up?

The a/c will take out moisture in the air that is causing the fogging.

hence, why the a/c comes on with the defrost
Old 02-13-2007, 12:18 AM