Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

heater blower motor

Old 12-23-2007, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
heater blower motor

I think my blower motor resistor has gone in my fit.The fan only works on the highest speed[4]. My question is, where is this resistor located ? on many hondas it is located behind the glove box.

Thanks

Old 12-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Right behind and slightly above the 3 dials (control panel)

Because I have a sick fascination with being wrong lately so I figured I would chime in...

I get all my apparently wrong information straight from the 07 Fit service manual.

I looked for a pic of the blower resistor on the heater unit and that is where it was lurking...to be found by me so that I can somehow give someone the wrong idea.

please let me know if I am wrong so I can appropriately aim the gun this time...

Old 12-26-2007, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
Because I have a sick fascination with being wrong lately so I figured I would chime in...

I get all my apparently wrong information straight from the 07 Fit service manual.

I looked for a pic of the blower resistor on the heater unit and that is where it was lurking...to be found by me so that I can somehow give someone the wrong idea.

please let me know if I am wrong so I can appropriately aim the gun this time...
Yes the resistor is in the heater unit. I managed to find it right behind but below the glove box.Have to take off the plastic shroud first.It is no where near the 3 dials that you had mentioned( heater controls).

Old 12-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Thank you...I will proceed to aim and pull the trigger...

Originally Posted by Fitred
Yes the resistor is in the heater unit. I managed to find it right behind but below the glove box.Have to take off the plastic shroud first.It is no where near the 3 dials that you had mentioned( heater controls).

Sorry.... I figured I would just describe the picture, and thats exactly how it looked!

I think I should get an award for most unhelpfull poster ever! HAAAHAA