Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

B12 Service Minder and Alignment

Old 07-30-2009, 02:15 PM
B12 Service Minder and Alignment

Hi guys,

Today I went to the dealers to have my oil changed and for the B12 service minder that I got for my Fit.

As for me, I'm from Canada, so there was a Maintenance Minder pamphlet that included the prices for the different services. The total for the B12 service done at the dealers was $314.76, which included replacing air cleaner element and dust/pollen filters.

When I was ready to pay for the B12 service, the rep told me that I should have had my alignment done for the Fit every year or every 20,000km (whichever comes first). My Fit is currently at round 35,000km and I have never had the alignment done before. However, the car was pulling slightly left on the highway, but it wasn't significant. The alignment cost me an extra $150.

I decided to pull the trigger on it as well... but I wasn't sure if what he said about the every year or 20,000km was a mandatory requirement. I didn't see it in the pamphlet.

If anything, I was thinking of doing alignment elsewhere because it would be cheaper than doing it at the dealer. But since the Fit is still under warranty I didn't want it to void the warranty because I didn't do the alignment with them.

So I paid a total of $464.76 Cad...

Please let me know what you guys think!

Old 08-26-2009, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
that sounds expensive to me. My honda dealer charges $80US i'm too lazy right now to do the match between the two prices but it sounds steep. And i thought originally that alignment was part of the 30K mile treatment. But apparently it is not. I asked my rep yesterday at my 40k mile and he said that honda recommends alignment at 90k miles. Which seems rediculous to me. So believe who you want. I think alignments should be done ever 30k miles depending on where you live and how bumpy the roads are. Average price of an alignment is about 70USD it varies depending on time of year i guess.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
It seems steep. What did they do for $314 other than oil/lube and a couple of filters? Maybe a tire rotation? For that they had better at least washed it.

I am spoiled having dealt with a small town Dodge dealer where you can wander around watching the mechanic( either Chris, Rob or Bryan) doing the work then go pay Rick wholesale prices for parts and then ask Ron how sales are doing. I usually try to go after the Habs win or Leafs lose as they are Leaf fans. And I wear my Earnhardt GM jacket. That is the one regret I have buying the Fit.