Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

07 Fit Sport Transmission Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Khanj_91
have a 08 fit auto, 72k miles. All the sudden when I tried to get on highway, just revved up like its in neutral and wouldn't increase speed. Put it in "s" shifted to 5th and works fine. 1,2,3, and 5th are all fine just 4 has no response. any help will be appreciated. no codes or flashing d.
I have 143k miles on mines, 07 sport, owned my second GD3. I don't know everything but my knowledge of the auto tranny. Don't down shift to much, change fluid in tranny, clean magnetic drain plug really well of metal shavings, change the transmission filter, add transmission cooler.
I don't down shift a lot, especially in this houston heat. Heat is the number one killer for any auto tranny. So my recommendation is to, do everything i mentioned above and you'll be fine. Your probably thinking, wheres the fun in that? Well, have fun with the Fit buf don't over do it, our trannys aren't bullet proof, even i sometimes like i'm in a R35 skyline because of the paddle shifters but i know i can't haul ass like a real r35 lolol but i love the GD3, thats why i own my second one hehe

Old 11-03-2015, 06:02 AM
I repaired a leaking seal between the gear box and the engine of my Honda fit 2007 GD1 and my mechanic spill the gearbox cvt oil. He however, replaced CVT with ATF type 2 which i drove for 30kms and realized their was a problem. The vehicles shuddered when starting off and when at stand still on Drive. It eventually went off, I therefore waited a couple of minutes and drove back to the garage and it didn't have any issue apart from shuddering. After consultation with the Mech i bought CVT fliud....this time not honda but the multifunction one. With little driving i have done it looks like the drive is smoother but still some shudder. Do i have to drive for long before the shudder goes?

Old 06-20-2016, 09:55 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Bumping this thread b/c it's relevant

I have almost 53K miles on my 2008 AT Sport. Got a CEL and blinking (D) a week ago but once we'd checked the transmission fluid (it was fine) the lights went away for a week. Then returned, and mechanic says it's the transmission pressure switch. Will drain the fluid, check for metal shavings (I'd be surprised) and refill, and replace that switch. Cost about $300 including the switch and fluid. Takes about a day to finish. I will take the car tomorrow b/c I have stuff to do today, and they have to order the part anyway. Will update again once we're underway.

I have not changed the transmission fluid and didn't know I was supposed to at 50K.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:54 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Update for whoever finds this: Mechanic found a faulty pressure switch and changed out the tranny fluid at the same time. Total cost $265.64.

p.s. I never use sport mode, occasionally my son drives it (like 3-4 times in 8 years) and he does use the paddles, but that is so seldom as to be irrelevant.

Last edited by Juliane; 06-21-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome.. considering the switch is a decent piece of that and the fluid he treated you well..

Old 01-31-2017, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
Hey guys!

Sorry for the bump

I think my 07 GD3 auto is having this issue.

I bought the sensor part # 28600-RPC-003

can anyone confirm that this sensor fixes the issue?

has anyone had to replace the actual solenoids on the transmission?? (~$300 each as opposed to $50)

Old 02-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Yes though the part was replaced with -013 and they may send you -04 which is listed as the second clutch transmission sensor but is the exact same part.

This is a widespread reported issue and I had it last summer on my 09 base with 90k. Charging $300 to fix it is obscene. You lift the car, take off the plastic shield in the area of the sensor which is on the Driver's side bottom of the transmission, unhook the wire connector by pressing the flat part of the U shape, unscrew old, screw in new (about 20ml of AFT will come out so be ready) put everything back and you are golden. Cost me $40 for the sensor and crush washer (don't forget to order the crush washer the part doesn't come with it).

Mine started intermittent as well.

Check out this thread as well
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-low-help.html

Last edited by sschoe2@gmail.com; 02-01-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sschoe2@gmail.com
Yes though the part was replaced with -013 and they may send you -04 which is listed as the second clutch transmission sensor but is the exact same part.

This is a widespread reported issue and I had it last summer on my 09 base with 90k. Charging $300 to fix it is obscene. You lift the car, take off the plastic shield in the area of the sensor which is on the Driver's side bottom of the transmission, unhook the wire connector by pressing the flat part of the U shape, unscrew old, screw in new (about 20ml of AFT will come out so be ready) put everything back and you are golden. Cost me $40 for the sensor and crush washer (don't forget to order the crush washer the part doesn't come with it).

Mine started intermittent as well.

Check out this thread as well
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-low-help.html

Thanks for the reply m8

its pretty frustrating at how intermittent the issue can be

i've had instances where it would have the jerking, jerking + cel + flashing D, and any combination in between

as of right now the CEL is on but shifts fine.

I bought the sensor a while back, going to install it this weekend

I was just preparing my self that it's not the actual solenoids themselves that needs replacing since those are 2-300$ a piece

the problem seems to exist in extreme temps. The first time it happened it was 100 degrees and then again the other day when it was 38 degrees

Old 02-09-2017, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
Replaced the sensor this past weekend

Almost dumbfounded at how easy it was

Jacked vehicle up from drivers side and put a jack stand on
Got under the car with a crescent wrench, rag and new sensor/o-ring
In & out within 10 minutes

No CEL or blinking D so far and tranny responsiveness seemed to have improved as well

thanks guys

Old 02-22-2019, 11:42 AM
D blinking with no codes, no CEL at all

So this is my first time getting on this forum and I'm new to the fit world lol. I have a 2008 Fit sport with 130k miles. Ever since I got it, the D was always blinking steady and never stops blinking. Replaced transmission fluid with Honda fluid, new filter, new oil change and filter, and drove home 6 hours after getting vehicle. Drove great. Reached 100 mph on highway with no shifting issues other than sport mode didn't work nor could paddle shift but my shift linkage was off not allowing me to shift in sport mode. I since recently fixed the linkage and now it shifts in sport mode but I haven't been able to rode test yet. Every time I turn on the car, D still blinking and no CEL and no codes pertaining to the transmission. Just temp sensors which I replaced both plus new coolant. Still D blinking and I dont know what else to do. I would hate to buy transmission sensors and replace them all just because. There should be a code to help narrow the issue right? Please help. I have tried to different handheld scanner for codes and no codes for tranny yet.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by mailtoome1
So this is my first time getting on this forum and I'm new to the fit world lol. I have a 2008 Fit sport with 130k miles. Ever since I got it, the D was always blinking steady and never stops blinking. Replaced transmission fluid with Honda fluid, new filter, new oil change and filter, and drove home 6 hours after getting vehicle. Drove great. Reached 100 mph on highway with no shifting issues other than sport mode didn't work nor could paddle shift but my shift linkage was off not allowing me to shift in sport mode. I since recently fixed the linkage and now it shifts in sport mode but I haven't been able to rode test yet. Every time I turn on the car, D still blinking and no CEL and no codes pertaining to the transmission. Just temp sensors which I replaced both plus new coolant. Still D blinking and I dont know what else to do. I would hate to buy transmission sensors and replace them all just because. There should be a code to help narrow the issue right? Please help. I have tried to different handheld scanner for codes and no codes for tranny yet.
No codes? There should be something that is causing the computer to make the D blink. Anyways, given the prevalence of the issue I'd go ahead and replace the above mentioned sensor. It is about $40 for the part.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by sschoe2@gmail.com
No codes? There should be something that is causing the computer to make the D blink. Anyways, given the prevalence of the issue I'd go ahead and replace the above mentioned sensor. It is about $40 for the part.
yes no codes but if the sensor is that cheap, I'm gonna change it and see what happens. Thanks. I will update.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by mailtoome1
yes no codes but if the sensor is that cheap, I'm gonna change it and see what happens. Thanks. I will update.
So I decided to get a new replacement speedometer because I wasn't sure if the original speedometer was tampered with and my judgment was correct. Now I have lots of lights on. Including the check engine light while D blinking. But I only get 2 codes. P0498 AND P2185.....can someone help me out cause neither code relates to D blinking for transmission issues. My transmission shifts great. Changed fluids. Not sure if I need to worry or change transmission sensors without getting transmission codes. My 2008 Honda Fit Sport setup is in my 2013 T-rex replica.