Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

'07 sport fit underpanel(?) damage

Old 09-25-2011, 05:09 PM
'07 sport fit underpanel(?) damage

Hey, first time posting here, hope i'm in the right place.
Please bear with me because I am very uneducated when it comes to cars =) so my terminology will be very rudimentary.

My mom was driving the fit while I was sitting beside her and she went pretty damn fast over a speed bump and we hear the bottom of the car hit the tarmac. I just brushed it off at the time because i thought it just hit the 1.5inch black rubber/plastic thing (the black part directly under the grille/bumper)

However, today I decided to look under my car and I noticed that the underpanel (i THINK that's what it's called?) has been cracked, and it's loose enough that I can press it back up with minimal force and it will move.

I'm describing the black plastic panel located in between the two front tires, on the bottom right of this picture
[This is not my car, found this on another thread on fitfreak since I don't have pics on me]

How much would it cost to replace/should i even bother?

I do not have a car jack to investigate further but I can probably get access to one by next week, I was wondering if I should be concerned at all if there are no leaks or rattling noises from the car. I will be driving 100+km back to school today so I can update to see if there are any problems but I THINK it is only cosmetic, I will also take pics when I arrive back at school

Old 09-25-2011, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
Are you referring to the plastic skid plate (also referred to as a under panel)?

[/looking through a parts site awaiting your reply]

Old 09-25-2011, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Found it.

Find Honda Parts and Honda Accessories by Car Model - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

^ Click that link...

Find a drop box that reads "section" and go to the "Body / Air Conditioning" section. Once there, look under the assembly listing for "Front Fender". Click that once you find it and the part you will need is part number 74111-SLN-A00 which is number 7 in the image.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Found it.

Find Honda Parts and Honda Accessories by Car Model - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

^ Click that link...

Find a drop box that reads "section" and go to the "Body / Air Conditioning" section. Once there, look under the assembly listing for "Front Fender". Click that once you find it and the part you will need is part number 74111-SLN-A00 which is number 7 in the image.
Yes, Thanks alot, i was looking at the interior/bumper section and i couldn't find it =)

Now that i know what the part name is, i found this larger pic
http://www.partsgeek.com/assets/acti...92-1262390.jpg

I just crawled under my car and saw the problem was that the shield is cracked vertically all the way through on the top of the square hole near the middle right of the pic above.

I couldn't really see if the screws or whatever is holding it up on the holes were missing or not, but if i were to replace just those, what would they be called?

Old 09-25-2011, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure on if there is a "particular set" of screws holding the skid plate. I do know that some of the same black plastic push-pins that you see under the hood connecting the bumper to the body of the car (look left & right of the hood latch and you'll get what I'm talking about).

Never the less, I'd refer to the illustration that I in the Front Fender section of Bernardi's site and use it to check for any missing hardware.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Nostic,

There are six clips that hold up the front splash shield:

The OEM p/n for said clips is 91503-SZ3-003 and they're called the Bumper Clip A. You could get all six of them for under $15 at hondapartsnow.com.

While we're on the subject of splash shields, they always seem to be one of the first parts on cars to go. I've owned a total of six cars in my life and within a year some variety of peril would plague these shrouds

Old 09-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by FitCrazy80
Nostic,

There are six clips that hold up the front splash shield:

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/diagram...der-467646.png

The OEM p/n for said clips is 91503-SZ3-003 and they're called the Bumper Clip A. You could get all six of them for under $15 at hondapartsnow.com.

While we're on the subject of splash shields, they always seem to be one of the first parts on cars to go. I've owned a total of six cars in my life and within a year some variety of peril would plague these shrouds
Hey, thanks for the info,

if there are only 6 clips, then from what i can make out, there are no clips in the middle?

if thats the case, then i probably HAVE to replace it then =\

I took a couple of pics on my iphone but this is the only one that focused properly

As you can see, i was describing the vertical crack on the square hole in the middle of the picture.

It doesn't seem to be a problem as of right now, but I suppose I will replace it before the winter.

Thanks everyone! =)

Last edited by nostic; 09-26-2011 at 10:09 PM.