Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Honda fit front strut part

Old 02-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Honda fit front strut part

Hi: I own a 2004 Japanese market Honda Fit. I bought this car from a dealer who sells used cars from Japan. The car runs great but there is a a little shaking on the steering when you reach 60 mph. I took the car to the mechanic and he said the rubber damper is wornot. That's why it shakes. I've been looking for the part in the internet but they only sells the whole strut, not the part. can you suggest where to look for and what is this rubber damper called ?

Thank you for reading my question. You can reply to

jaimepablog@yahoo.com

Old 02-05-2012, 07:37 PM
i'm just going to assume your machanic wasn't an idiot who overlooked the tires for balance and seperation issues? But... then again if the mechanic was going to try to recommend a part for you, you'd assume he'd know what the part was called.

otherwise i have no answer about a dampner on a '04 fit.

Last edited by Cocowheat; 02-05-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Thank you for your comments on this one. In fact they did a wheel alingdment and balance but that did not fix the problem. Then they took the strut out and yes, the damper was worn out. They cut an extra piece of rubber to fill the part thta was worn. This fixed the problem partially. The steerin still shakes but no that much. But I want the thing done right.That's why I'm looking for the part. I guess I'll do a thorough search in the web and see what happens.
Thank you again for your opinion.

Best

Jaime

Old 02-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by alterego
Thank you for your comments on this one. In fact they did a wheel alingdment and balance but that did not fix the problem. Then they took the strut out and yes, the damper was worn out. They cut an extra piece of rubber to fill the part thta was worn. This fixed the problem partially. The steerin still shakes but no that much. But I want the thing done right.That's why I'm looking for the part. I guess I'll do a thorough search in the web and see what happens.
Thank you again for your opinion.

Best

Jaime
a shake a 60+ due to a strut mount type deal doesn't really make much sense to me.

although i do find front axles as the culprit of highway speed shakes from time to time.

if you post pictures thought it would help alot.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:41 AM
Thumbs up Struts

I hope this helps, I think this may be the part you are thinking of. Here's a couple of links:
http://www.am-autoimages.com/partima...13643/main.JPG

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...Tbwr3r6xVaRa1O

I'm new at this site so I think I posted the URLs in the wrong place twice, oh shit