Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

2011 Honda Fit driver side mirror diy

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 11:33 PM
2011 Honda Fit driver side mirror diy

My car was hit by a hit and run driver & the broke half my mirror off on my driver side. I bought a replacement off of eBay and am thinking of doing the replacement myself. It does not have LED just a standard manual fold-in mirror. Anyone out there have advice on how to replace whole mirror? Will I need to remove door panel? Thanks all!!

Old 08-25-2015, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator
there is a video on youtube showing how to remove the door panel, that would help u alot.

once u get that off, there's a little semi traingular panel between the door and the windshield. pop that off and there are 3 screws. ull have to remove that and the mirror will pop off.

with window up, and door panel off, theres a white insulation plastic covering the door hole where the wires are. ull the blue harness clip ull need to unplug. u may have to pull that off the rubber boot/grommet. if you're having trouble getting it thru since the mirror is junk anyway, u can cut off the harness clip and pull out the harness.

now reverse installation with new mirror. ull have to snake the new wires thru that boot. if u can unclip the wires from the plug it will make it so much easier for u. just remember which wire goes to what hole. once u do that, get a long wire like a wire hanger and stick in thru the far opening by the door and snake it all the way up the other end. make sure it has a hook at the end, then tape your wires to the hook. try to flush the hook as much as possible or it will catch on the boot. pull the wire hangar back out and guiding it thru the bends. once u get it thru the rubber hose/grommet, push it thru the door and thru the hole. hook it up the harness plug and ur good.

and good luck =p

Old 08-26-2015, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx
there is a video on youtube showing how to remove the door panel, that would help u alot.

once u get that off, there's a little semi traingular panel between the door and the windshield. pop that off and there are 3 screws. ull have to remove that and the mirror will pop off.

with window up, and door panel off, theres a white insulation plastic covering the door hole where the wires are. ull the blue harness clip ull need to unplug. u may have to pull that off the rubber boot/grommet. if you're having trouble getting it thru since the mirror is junk anyway, u can cut off the harness clip and pull out the harness.

now reverse installation with new mirror. ull have to snake the new wires thru that boot. if u can unclip the wires from the plug it will make it so much easier for u. just remember which wire goes to what hole. once u do that, get a long wire like a wire hanger and stick in thru the far opening by the door and snake it all the way up the other end. make sure it has a hook at the end, then tape your wires to the hook. try to flush the hook as much as possible or it will catch on the boot. pull the wire hangar back out and guiding it thru the bends. once u get it thru the rubber hose/grommet, push it thru the door and thru the hole. hook it up the harness plug and ur good.

and good luck =p
Thanks so much for your help! I will definitely try this! Sounds pretty easy and less expensive than taking it to a shop!!

Old 08-26-2015, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator
the hardest part is the rubber grommet.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:18 AM
5 Year Member
The coat hanger going through grommet not required. Just the removal of the door panel and the triangular piece is all that is required.

This is a good thread https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...s-winkers.html

Old 08-26-2015, 11:06 AM
I think I've seen then the YouTube video! Thank you for your input!!!