Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up KraftWerks Supercharger Kits

THE KRAFTWERKS CONSOLIDATION THREAD
Version 1.0

Hello All!

We apologize for the misinformation and well, absolutely no information on status and such. The Fit community means a lot to us, and JR has not forgotten you! Unfortunately, we have been very busy getting the logistics of our new organization setup.

Let me tell you about KraftWerks:

KraftWerks was started to house all of our Rotrex-powered supercharger kits by Jackson Racing. We believe the Rotrex product will be able to grow with this brand into the future.

KraftWerks is made up of us at Jackson Racing, with Oscar Jackson Sr. at the helm and the rest of our Jackson Racing supercharger engineers. The same quality and technology that you have known of JR, will be with KraftWerks, and will be better than ever. We have improved our supercharger design techniques and have learned quite a bit on the Rotrex supercharger from recent testing.

KraftWerks will establish its own distribution by the time of the release of our new kits. No other companies will be responsible for the distribution of KraftWerks supercharger kits.

We are working on some improvements to the Fit SC kit, no information on the changes has been released. The official changes will be made public at a later date. We hope to have the kit released by this December.

We appreciate the support of the Fit community very much. KraftWerks would also like to thank JDMChris for his continued support through this mess!

We are very excited about our new venture, and hope the Fit community is ready for some boost!!

Thank you all!

-Oscar Jackson Jr.
sales@kraftwerksusa.com

Last edited by OJRKraftWerks; 01-31-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Add Title
Old 09-14-2007, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
Oscar,

I assume you are doing all of your testing and such in Cali. I was wondering how you are addressing the issues of extremely cold temperatures for us NY folks and others that live in a more seasonal climate. Is it an issue that will require a separate tune for summer/winter?

Excellent question. We have done a lot of cold weather testing, in the mountains of Western Colorado near Oscar Sr's house.

I have a picture on my old PC hard drive (PC recently killed a motherboard). It shows our Silver Fit at I think 10 or 11,000 feet, in a snowstorm, with a mountain goat nearby. I will be sure to post it, when I get the data off my old drive.

We are very dedicated to durability testing. I believe you will have no problems.

-Oscar Jr.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
F/I car can also run leaner in colder temps (which can be dangerous), so best way is to get dyno tuned. Plus, it'll be the most efficient to YOUR specific car. Basemaps and reflashes are not the best, but its better than nothing. Usually, i think of basemaps as just a tool used to get your car to the closest dyno/tuner, not something i would go WOT in.

Of course in Chris's case, he's getting his stuff tuned to his specs. Lucky man there.
Actually, nothing on Chris' car has been "tuned" specifically to his specifications. Everything on his car are real base kit parts, except for his upgraded injectors. But the injectors will be an extra option we plan to offer.

So really, he is using off-the-shelf kit parts, and his car runs perfectly and makes great power!

Something about the SuperCard:
The new SuperCard utlizes newer software than our previous PowerCard. Also, the SuperCard is not a "basemap" to get you to a dyno or to "get you down the road." Also, the SuperCard really isn't a "piggyback" by traditional standards.

We spend a lot of testing get the electronics right to work across a whole range of situations; much like a typical OEM manufacturer tests their cars to work across a range of situations.

We take pride in our SuperCard electronics and other electronics. We have revolutionized a new way of tuning vehicles. The reason they are so small? That's because we use cell-phone technology, to make small chips and boards. We love them because they are simple for our customer, and it works seamlessly with the vehicle; at all throttle positions, all altitudes, all temperatures, all conditions.

To produce a CARB-legal product, it has to work. But we take it a step further and not just pass CARB regulations, we make it so it performs on the track, at full throttle, on the street, idling in traffic.

-Oscar Jr.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
Oscar Jr., what does the kit include? Does it come with a header as well?

No header is included with the kit.

We have cancelled all header production currently.

-Oscar Jr.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:52 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gloryhound
hey chris, what was the average gas mileage were you geting with the s/c kit? my friend and i have been talking about the kit and he is saying that mileage will most likely drop about 25%. what was your real world mileage?
he lies.. my best tank of gas was 41mpg

Old 09-24-2007, 12:25 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
depends how im driving... As with all calculations but usually i was seeing a pretty good avg at about 37mpg

Old 10-05-2007, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
i was meaning to ask you how the car drove? does the sc feel like a belt driven tc or like you just have a big ass engine?

im a bigger dude and when cruising around town with my gf the car doesn't really have the go to really merge onto the freeway that im used too (coming from a small block v8)

*merging onto the freeway up a hill on ramp or after the light... will this thing make me turn "really like my car" into "i love my car" keep in mind that im not a racer just a guy who hates slowing the flow of traffic from a stop.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
it feels like you do have a bigger motor. Turbos tend to have uneven spikes, and dont feel smooth, meaning you can feel when you hit boost and the lag. The SC feels similar but the power is instant, so it just PULLS. I dont know about feeling like a V8 but you will absolutely love the way it feels.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:11 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
91 octane is required as with all other FI applications.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gettinafit
Did the company's restructuring hurt their relationship with Hasport? Brian from hasport had developed a header with the Jacksons (that got shot down...), AND there WAS prospective plans for a rotrex supercharger kit for the K20A Swapped Honda FIt!

Any info on this?
Not At All!!!! We just have been very busy getting our new group pointed in the right direction. Brian and Hasport remain very close to us at Jackson, and will be close with KraftWerks I'm sure.

The K-Swap Header was hurt by the removal of our header division. In fact, all headers have been removed from production tentatively.

-OJR

Old 10-23-2007, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gettinafit
This is good, b/c as you can see in my signature I have a almost finished K20A2 swapped Honda Fit and Brian has been helping me every step of the way. He mentioned to me that they were no longer developing the header with the company that they made the orange Fit header with. I know that was You guys.

It's good to hear that you will be developing a supercharger for the swapped fit! Mine is Cable throttle body (custom pedal modification) not DBW this should make the computer part easier!
I Prefer the response of a cable.

Keep the Fit community posted!
Jackson Racing did design the K-Swap header. But Hasport was working with a former sister company to Jackson Racing for production. That company no longer has any affiliation with Jackson Racing.

I'm sorry, but we have not planned on developing a supercharger kit for the K-Swap.

Good luck with your project!

-OJR

Old 10-23-2007, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
KraftWerks will be present at this year's SEMA Show, in the Honda booth, with a Time Attack Fit you are all aware of...

Final MSRP pricing will be announced at SEMA!

-OJR

Old 10-25-2007, 01:38 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
what about the longevity of the 5lb kit? if a 10lb kit has no issues, i would imagine that even on stock internals, the 5lb kit would last a long time no?
Exactly... I have had the kit on my car for abour 10k with no problems what so ever.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

First post and wanted to share something

Any official word in price?

Old 11-14-2007, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
The Base kit will be non-intercooled. There will be an intercooler upgrade available!

The Base kit will be $3495

From SEMA:
The Skunk2 Fit R is now a KraftWerks/Skunk2 Fit R! The Rotrex kit on this vehicle is a one-off race version, but allows for further high-boost study!

Enjoy!

-Oscar Jr.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Former Vendor
There will be an upgrade path to the High-Boost kit.

Fuel Electronics are always standard with our kits, and require no additional tuning.

Automatic Fits will be able to get the Base kit.

In no way have we EVER stated that the kit requires removal of the A/C. We love our A/C and could not do without it either.

Intercooler would be a front mount. The intercooler upgrade requirements, pieces, price, etc. have not been announced.

-Oscar Jackson Jr.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
hey chris, how does the stock clutch hold up to the increase in power? Does it feel like it slips?

Old 11-19-2007, 12:48 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
stock clutch is fine, no slipping, no noticeable wear. No worries.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by gotfitted
that's good to hear, i was worried that the stock clutch wouldn't hold up.
Yes, the stock clutch holds up fine... Even had a stock clutch on our 10 PSI car!

-Oscar Jackson Jr.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Rmaghedon
so you're saying the 10 psi kit isn't a option for the US modes with automatic transmission. And am I understanding you correctly that the 5psi kit doesn't really need the intercooler. It must provide some degree more stability to the upgrade
The Base kit will not have an intercooler.
There will be an intercooler upgrade for the Base kit, but not upon initial release.

The High-Boost kit will not be available for Automatic Fits.

-Oscar Jackson Jr.

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kits