Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v2.1

Old 05-14-2008, 03:15 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gotfitted
i can't help but associate bigger injectors with a bigger bill at the gas pump
I have 310cc and still avg over 30mpg

Old 05-14-2008, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
i'll try to put up pics tomorrow night when i get home. its coming to my work address. got a spare belt and liter of retrex oil also.

belt 45.00
rotrex oil 95.00
base kit 2645.00 balance
injector upgrade 400.00

feeling i will have tomorrow morning when i open the box...priceless!
why is your base kit balance so low? Did you pay in to it more than 500?

Old 05-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Regarding small pics on the install guide pdf, since it's pdf you can easily zoom in and get high-res enlarged zooms of those pics-- I have been looking very closely at them.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Well the install was a bit more involved than I thought it would be. Ran into issues on step 20 and will have to stop for now, because of work and classes tomorrow and saturday. I'm pushing my completion date back to Sunday for now. BTW the brake lines portion of the install is a P.I.T.A. due to clearance issues that you will run into in case any one was wondering what the hardest part of the install was so far. Good luck to you guys on deadlines. Hope you fare better than I did.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Retired Moderator
Oy that's no good. Did you kink anything?

Old 05-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Former Vendor
I don't believe he has kinked anything, I think it is just a tough portion. You have to be sure to bend the lines back carefully, and make sure that they will clear everything.

Be sure to read the instructions carefully, and take your time, and everything will be awesome!

-OJR

Old 05-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
i called it. i seriously DONT want to screw with those brake lines... any other words of advice you can give to prevent any speedbumps in the install?

Old 05-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Oscar would you be able to tell us what you used to bend the lines up, was it just your fingers or did you use various pliers?

Old 05-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Former Vendor
You cannot use pliers, as this would gnarl up the lines, and could cause a kink. It is pretty simple, and just a push up and back. This helps make room for the supercharger. If you follow the instructions and are patient, you will never have to mess with these lines ever again. The key is to take your time and make sure nothing rubs, kinks, or causes any problems.

-OJR

Old 05-15-2008, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Oscar, I forgot to ask you when I was there, will you be sending out CARB stickers when the kit gets approved?

It was pleasure meeting you and your dad... along with the tour and inperson quick guide to install your dad gave us. THANKS!

Last edited by Wytt; 05-15-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Hope your install goes smooth Dynamic. I will attempt to bend on saturday morning. i'm not doing anything else until i know that they are out of the way. then i'll install the rest. otherwise my mechanic will pick it up at my house on monday morning and hopefully have it back monday night.

Here's a few pics of the kit for now.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Looks awesome man!

Old 05-16-2008, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
GOT THE KRAFTWERKS KIT IN MY FIT!!! Just look:

My butt-dyno totally felt the extra power and total sleeper I kidd, I kidd...

Okay okay here is the installed shot:

I'm sure that's what Oscar Senior told me how to install it. So Chris, can I now be in the Kraftwerks Kit Owner club???

Old 05-16-2008, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wytt
Okay okay here is the installed shot:

I'm sure that's what Oscar Senior told me how to install it. So Chris, can I now be in the Kraftwerks Kit Owner club???
LMAO, You fail.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I was trying to call him too lol....
Heres my question. I gotta run, hopefully i can type this up fast...

Would it be wise to get an upgraded fuel pump? All my friends last nite were like "dood ur totally gonna blow your shyt up if you dont get teh 1337 fuel pumpz!!!"
I told them they were wrong, that the kit is made to bolt totally onto stock, but theyre like "NOES! U NEED TEH FUEL PUMP OR ELSE UR SHYT BLOWS UP IN LIEK 2 HOURS@!!!"

So im thinking about getting a top of the line fuel pump for a really good price, and do it with the install on Sat....
any input?

Old 05-16-2008, 02:53 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by REXXXXXXXXX
I was trying to call him too lol....
Heres my question. I gotta run, hopefully i can type this up fast...

Would it be wise to get an upgraded fuel pump? All my friends last nite were like "dood ur totally gonna blow your shyt up if you dont get teh 1337 fuel pumpz!!!"
I told them they were wrong, that the kit is made to bolt totally onto stock, but theyre like "NOES! U NEED TEH FUEL PUMP OR ELSE UR SHYT BLOWS UP IN LIEK 2 HOURS@!!!"

So im thinking about getting a top of the line fuel pump for a really good price, and do it with the install on Sat....
any input?

No you dont need to upgrade your Fuel pump! Your friends dont know. Im running 310cc injectors on the stock fuelpump with absolutely no problem. Dont worry... I tested so you didnt have to! NO FUEL PUMP!

Old 05-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
No you dont need to upgrade your Fuel pump! Your friends dont know. Im running 310cc injectors on the stock fuelpump with absolutely no problem. Dont worry... I tested so you didnt have to! NO FUEL PUMP!
I figured that much... but would it hurt to upgrade?

My friend is sponsored by Walbro, told me he'll get me a 255 pump by tomorrow and install it for me for MAD CHEAP if i want... whats the worst that could happen? Im not a fuel guru, does it actually use more fuel? or just deliver it better?
should i take his offer?

Old 05-16-2008, 03:07 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member

My friend is sponsored by Walbro, told me he'll get me a 255 pump by tomorrow and install it for me for MAD CHEAP if i want... whats the worst that could happen? Im not a fuel guru, does it actually use more fuel? or just deliver it better?
should i take his offer?
Stock Fuel pump was used for all testing, I dont know if a fuel pump will try to feed it too much fuel at certain RPMs. So im not sure if it will have a negative effect or not. Even if it was a good price I would pass.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I'll take your word for it...
Just remember, i know where you work lol

Old 05-16-2008, 03:15 PM

should i take his offer?
It would hurt to upgrade because more fuel than stock would now be sent to your injectors. This would screw up your idle, make you run very rich and basically screw up the engine's fuel management.

unless you plan to upgrade your fuel management using something like hondata or greddy ultimate I would HIGHLY not recommend doing this. The kit is made for the stock pump and unless you're making probably over 180-190 whp you don't need to upgrade.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v2.1