Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v2.1

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KraftWerks
The ScanGauge will not see boost on the Base kit.

-OJR
can you please explain. if the manifold air pressure is 14.5 now and i add 5psi then why wouldn't it read around 19.5???

Old 04-23-2008, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
omg...the ship date's been pushed to May

Old 04-23-2008, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
can you please explain. if the manifold air pressure is 14.5 now and i add 5psi then why wouldn't it read around 19.5???
normal air around us ia 14.5 and manifold pressure is 14.5 hence the reading of 5 additional psi to the manifold would read 5 instead of 14.5.

0 pressure is like space or a vaccum of some sort....forgot the actual logic but it's all 15 years ago science class stuff aka physics

Old 04-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Former Vendor
The ECU will not see boost. There is a MAP clamp included on the SuperCard.

-OJR

Old 04-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ToyotaLover
normal air around us ia 14.5 and manifold pressure is 14.5 hence the reading of 5 additional psi to the manifold would read 5 instead of 14.5.

0 pressure is like space or a vaccum of some sort....forgot the actual logic but it's all 15 years ago science class stuff aka physics
This is incorrect.

Don't be confused by Barometric Pressure and Manifold Absolute Pressure.
Atmospheric pressure is approximately 14.7 psi or 101kPa
100kPa = 14.5 psi = 1 bar
0 inHg = 0 psi.
inHg is a common automotive vacuum unit
psi is a common US automotive pressure unit

This is gonna get confusing, so I will talk about what the engine sees.

At Wide Open Throttle on a NA car, a boost gauge will read 0 psi or 0 inHg. The ECU will see only voltage. The voltage is based off of what the pressure transducer in the MAP sensor is capable of.
In our boosted car at sea level, you will see 5 psi on a boost gauge.

I do not know what units or sensor the ScanGauge is reading, but the ScanGauge will not see the boos tin the engine. It only sees what the ECU sees.

-OJR

Old 04-25-2008, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
Info on the AT setup?!?!

Old 04-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by ToyotaLover
Info on the AT setup?!?!
or MT shipping info

Old 04-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Lol I Want My Supercharger (at)...............wait I Think I See It No Nope

Old 04-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Retired Moderator
Ahhhh I just updated some account info and checked my order and my pre-order discount isn't showing up

Should I be concerned?

Old 04-26-2008, 02:45 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Illusive
Ahhhh I just updated some account info and checked my order and my pre-order discount isn't showing up

Should I be concerned?
No need to be concerned... Your order has processed with the discount already.

-OJR

Old 04-26-2008, 02:49 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by KraftWerks
No need to be concerned... Your order has processed with the discount already.

-OJR
Excellent! Thanks for the update OJR! I can't wait to get it! X-ing my fingers that it will be here before my install weekend

Old 04-26-2008, 03:16 AM
Retired Moderator
Just thought of a question, OJR, if I were to get a wideband A/F gauge, will the gauge be reading the A/F that the ECU sees or will it see what is really going on? I know the Super Card adjusts the fuel etc. after the ECU, so I was wondering if there is any benefit with a wideband A/F and if it can actually see the correct A/F reading...

Old 04-26-2008, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
Just thought of a question, OJR, if I were to get a wideband A/F gauge, will the gauge be reading the A/F that the ECU sees or will it see what is really going on? I know the Super Card adjusts the fuel etc. after the ECU, so I was wondering if there is any benefit with a wideband A/F and if it can actually see the correct A/F reading...
the a/f meter comes with an o2 sensor. you have to get an o2 bung welded on to your cat pipe (or cat delete pipe). it reads the o2 sensor not the ecu.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
Oscar,

what is the stock a/f ratio?

what is the a/f ratio with the base kit with upgraded injectors?

does chris's car or other cars you used for testing have a/f gauges installed?

jow did you get a/f readings while driving? i assume you were monitoring this because monitoring a/f at WOT vs. real driving conditions are different.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Retired Moderator
the a/f meter comes with an o2 sensor. you have to get an o2 bung welded on to your cat pipe (or cat delete pipe). it reads the o2 sensor not the ecu.
Ahh gotcha. I thought you had to tap into the o2 sensor and tie in the wires to the o2 sensor to the a/f meter.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Ahh gotcha. I thought you had to tap into the o2 sensor and tie in the wires to the o2 sensor to the a/f meter.
thats the cheap a/f type of gauge. reads entirely inaccurate too. def get a wideband.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
get the AEM wideband uego. that's the one i have. sweetness and comes with a bosch 02 sensor.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
CARB questions

Couple of CA smog Q's:

1) If I get the base kit w/ upgraded injectors, how much time would it take to replace the stock injectors every two years? Any other reverse-mods needed to get the thing back to CARB status?

2) If I get CARB-legal I/H/E, then get the base kit (no injectors), do you think the combination will still blow clean enough to pass smog?

3) Will the injector upgrade kit immediately fail a visual inspection? If not (or the tester is asleep at the switch), is there a way to tune the thing down to pass the tailpipe test?

THANKS!!

Old 04-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Hey oscar i just started reading up on this whole thing. i wanted to ask yout 3 questions. 1: Can you give pic with the supercharger installed on the fit?? 2: If you spray nitrous with the supercharger will you blow the motor? (Because i have a friend that is spraying on his fit a 60 shot of NOS) 3: Is There a Software available that raises rev limit and and just air and fuel, and if not is there a possible way to send out the ECU to get tuned?

Old 04-26-2008, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by VTEC Poppa
Hey oscar i just started reading up on this whole thing. i wanted to ask yout 3 questions. 1: Can you give pic with the supercharger installed on the fit?? 2: If you spray nitrous with the supercharger will you blow the motor? (Because i have a friend that is spraying on his fit a 60 shot of NOS) 3: Is There a Software available that raises rev limit and and just air and fuel, and if not is there a possible way to send out the ECU to get tuned?
Yo homie. Read all the posts. all your answers are there. And I can guess how Oscar will answer your questions:

1) If he had a pic of the kit he would have shipped the kits out already.
2) Dont spray and run supercharged on a L15 motor.
3) Lost boost just has a Supercard and its tuned for the s/c kit.

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v2.1